Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do we need planes and jets on an island?

66 replies to this topic
ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

What if there's aircraft carriers spread out around the island, that will serve as floating airports to make up for the lack of land airstrips? Especially to the north of the island.

x_CrazyBuns_x
  • x_CrazyBuns_x

Crazy Bunny Lady >_<"

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

WHY?!

BECAUSE NANOMACHINES SON!

That's my retarded response of the week out of the way now ^_^ but I think the question really is, why not? D: more ways to travel, see things from new aspect, fun online etc. remember it's a video game at end of it all, a form of entertainment, I'd prefer interacting with them then just seeing them c(:

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I think they're there for fun.  I could be wrong though.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

We have planes for fun, not for needs. Why not have them? Stop asking dumb questions, bud.

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Why are humans able to masturbate?

Because it's fun. 

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

why is the sky blue?

:sui:

BoldCityDigital
  • BoldCityDigital

Covetous Leader

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Really dude? You bishing about HAVING planes? LOL I smell a TROOOLLL..

sleep_now
  • sleep_now

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

We need planes so i can get around the island and in mid air leave the plane and parachute in like a boss and thats final, its GTA!  :cool:

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

While I'm on the subject, isn't having nowhere to go part of sandbox gaming? You know, simply getting lost in the environment and taking everything in? I mean, if you want a linear game that dares not to have airplanes, helicopters, boats, or even bikes, there's always mafia II.

RicerDude
  • RicerDude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Wait, so you're complaining that we have planes in the game now? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

We need planes so i can get around the island and in mid air leave the plane and parachute in like a boss and thats final, its GTA!  :cool:

^This. There are a lot of aviation enthusiasts who play GTA, but not everyone that plays GTA is into flying. There were many complaints of no flyable planes in IV, so R* decided to re-add that feature in V. In order to get the best of both worlds, R* added just enough flight dynamics to allow players to do whatever without skimping on other details and making this game more of a flight sim. This is GTA, not FSX.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Planes are in so you can fly from one end of the islabnd and back in under two minutes, then parachute out. fun fun fun.

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Most importantly, looking at the map you only have a small airport to land on at the other side, so it all seems pointless..with the lack of towns or landing strips it seems like you will just fly around the island and then land back at LS....

Yeah, because nobody ever used planes to fly where they wanted to go, then bail out & land with their parachute. Every single player always took off from one airport & ALWAYS landed safely at another Airport/strip/field.

Please take your logic & go away. That sort of thinking is absurd. This is GTA, not flight simulator. People don't need 2 locations to take off & land at. You just bail out & crash your aircraft spectacularly. Why? Because it's fun! If you buy a Private Jet, then yes, be safe with it, & land it safely, then drive the rest of the distance. Like IRL.

gta-space
  • gta-space

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

In not complaining I just think they are

Wait, so you're complaining that we have planes in the game now? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm not complaining. I just think they are pointless. So far planes are in to parachute and for the fun factor from what I gather so far.

chop chop
  • chop chop

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

theres more then 1 island duuuuurrrrrr

Blazin Hydros
  • Blazin Hydros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

You don't need to land an airplane to get somewhere. Just fly, jump out, parachute and you're good.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Because airplanes are awesome and I don't mind landing on the airport where I came from or bail out and parachute to land.

Also, there's not just Los Santos International Airport, there is also an airstrip in the desert and a military base with a considerably big runway.

droppdeadd
  • droppdeadd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

People forget we can't just willingly land at the air base.. we would obvs get f*cked up the second we tried. I love planes in GTA and all but he's right. There are two air strips which we can always use then a military base with anti-air guns most likely.

We can land on the ground or try to land at the peak of a mountain. Other than that, the same 2 airports will be boring. Even though I'd much rather have planes than not.

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Why ask stupid questions? 

I just don't get why anyone would ask something so pointless and retarded. 

Planes, jets etc. are FUN, dumbass. That's all there is to it. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Why NOT?

Stop trying to be clever. We have LSX, airstrips and a military base. That's all we need. Planes are needed in this game for fun. Look how boring IV was.

Blazin Hydros
  • Blazin Hydros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

If we couldn't fly planes people would bitch about how we can't fly planes.

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Op is complaining because there is only one city, and it's a perfectly reasonable complaint.

Why have jets and planes flying around 1 city when San Andreas had 3..

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Well there are three airports at least.

Celtics
  • Celtics

Montreality.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I understand your point dude, seriously... I'm not complaining about the map but what's glamour about driving a jet to Blaine County? I love contrysides don't get me wrong but I understand people who are not 100% happy.

5 years of development to drive from L.A.X. to f*cking Nowhere Cirty... Yay!

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

We all know how boring 4 was! That's not the point...

He is comparing the map to San Andreas which had real destinations in the map (Actual cities to visit)

Dan McChill
  • Dan McChill

Grove Street's Keeper

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

You guys are always bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and bitching and moaning and (...)

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Because war has changed.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

You mean you only land airplanes at Airports?  Why do you even play GTA?

I will land my plane in the middle of a highway, or street, and the cars better get out of my way!

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Incase you get invaded by koreans

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by falcomilvus, 10 September 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Hi man, When the leaked map appeared i was a bit dissapointed I could only spot 2 airfields we could actually use and the Military field which would be restricted but there seems to also be a skydiving airfield in grapeseed so there could be a few more grass strips here and there that are hard to spot on that huge ass map. With Los santos int, sandy shores and the strip in grapeseed thats 3 angles of the map to fly to .. throw in the air base and thats all 4 directions covered which makes planes useful indeed. Also landing on the beach and using the floatplanes will be fun times. :beerhat:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users