Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are Rockstar Taking the Grand Theft Auto out of Grand Theft Auto?

Long title
63 replies to this topic
TEoS
  • TEoS

WE'RE BEING ATTAAAAAACKED!

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Honestly, this will all depend on how it is handled. There needs to be a decent window before police are on the lookout for the stolen car. Realistically, unless you stole the car right in front of the owner, there'd at least be a few minutes delay before he realized it had happened. Then he'd have to report the car stolen to the police, who would then have to put out an alert. So say you steal the car and then have a minute+ window to get the car re-plated before you get a wanted level. I could get behind that. But cops instantly knowing the car has been stolen is pretty lame, unless you do it in front of them.

All of you ripping this guy as if he has no reason to be concerned are stupid fan boys who cause games to become sh*tty because they support whatever sh*t a developer shoves in their face. Constructive criticism is necessary for the Grand Theft Auto series to evolve and get better. Obviously we can't know if this feature will work well in game because we haven't played it yet, but this guy wasn't saying the game is sh*t, he was just asking if we, the consumers, think it's a good idea. You guys are all dick riding the game.

We can STILL steal ANY car we can see, so it is STILL Grand Theft Auto.

Sure, we have an incentive to OWN a car, but that doesn`t mean we can`t steal any.

I don't think the OP was implying that we can't steal cars any more, rather that the spirit of the game is being changed in a pretty fundamental way. Walking up to a random vehicle and ripping the guy out before hopping in and taking off has been a staple of the GTA experience since... uh always. Making that basic experience more difficult is going to be a complete game changer, and I think a discussion on the issue is warranted. Notice I'm not saying PREORDER CANCELLED, just that there's a justified concern there. 

or whatever r* rulezzzzzz :r*:  :r*:  :r*:

• MidWestGrunge likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

I don't think the OP was implying that we can't steal cars any more, rather that the spirit of the game is being changed in a pretty fundamental way. Walking up to a random vehicle and ripping the guy out before hopping in and taking off has been a staple of the GTA experience since... uh always. Making that basic experience more difficult is going to be a complete game changer, and I think a discussion on the issue is warranted. Notice I'm not saying PREORDER CANCELLED, just that there's a justified concern there. 

If I`ll need to, I won`t hesitate to comandeer any vehicle that looks vaguely fast :)

For me, it is a good thing, because I can tune up my vehicle to handle how I want it. I don`t like the chaos to be too.. chaotic :) .

MidWestGrunge
  • MidWestGrunge

Desaparecidos

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I remember a Rockstar official saying something like "If you steal a car the police will chase after you if they see you in that car" What is going on, I know they're trying to be as realistic as possible but they're taking it a little too far. I also hate Saints Row so don't say "OMG GO PLAY SAINTS ROW RETARD!!!!11"

Get the f*ck over it you sad sack of sh*t!

You can still steral the f*cking cars, but now you have to work a bit harder for it.

People like you are whats holding GTA basck because "OMGZ YOU CANT JUST RUN  AROUND AND SHOOT STUFF AND GO ON RAMPAGES".

The game isn't made just for you retard.

nev xoxo

I'm very sorry Nev, I will repent from my gaming sins.

MidWestGrunge
  • MidWestGrunge

Desaparecidos

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Honestly, this will all depend on how it is handled. There needs to be a decent window before police are on the lookout for the stolen car. Realistically, unless you stole the car right in front of the owner, there'd at least be a few minutes delay before he realized it had happened. Then he'd have to report the car stolen to the police, who would then have to put out an alert. So say you steal the car and then have a minute+ window to get the car re-plated before you get a wanted level. I could get behind that. But cops instantly knowing the car has been stolen is pretty lame, unless you do it in front of them.

All of you ripping this guy as if he has no reason to be concerned are stupid fan boys who cause games to become sh*tty because they support whatever sh*t a developer shoves in their face. Constructive criticism is necessary for the Grand Theft Auto series to evolve and get better. Obviously we can't know if this feature will work well in game because we haven't played it yet, but this guy wasn't saying the game is sh*t, he was just asking if we, the consumers, think it's a good idea. You guys are all dick riding the game.

We can STILL steal ANY car we can see, so it is STILL Grand Theft Auto.

Sure, we have an incentive to OWN a car, but that doesn`t mean we can`t steal any.

Exactly, I'm still definitely getting no matter what happens (a bit fanboyish I admit). Ipre-ordered it about 3 months ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users