Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are Rockstar Taking the Grand Theft Auto out of Grand Theft Auto?

Long title
63 replies to this topic
EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

I don't think it's gonna be as big of an issue as you think. Most likely, they're probably going in the direction Mafia did, where you need to get the plates changed at a chop shop/customization shop to make the car "legal"

rchaves007
  • rchaves007

Killing Machine

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

well it only gives other things to the gta part of GTA...

yea if u drive with a stolen car and if the police knows that sure hell they must go after u thats why u have to smarter this time now u think "ok i steal this car do i want to drive it now cuz i'm in a hurry or do i want to keep it?" then u'll have to change the car... i think that this is genious and should ahve been in evey gta ever made... not just steal a car and "dance" with him as u please

Nobitos
  • Nobitos

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

well now it actually is stealing rather than... well takin car and nobody gives a sh*t.

Maybe just take the cops off the whole game bcs well they might kill you or come after you or just act too realistic. And those other enemies in missions, it is just too realistic that they piss of when i steal their drugs or shoot at them and it takes away the fun. Or maybe just give us a 100% completion so we dont have to even do missions... Or mb i just watch lets play videos from youtube so i dont get annoyed by too realistic situations.

hamburglary
  • hamburglary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

People probably said the same thing about car locks and alarms in IV, and those turned out to be a non-issue in the end.

This

NevTheHead
  • NevTheHead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

I remember a Rockstar official saying something like "If you steal a car the police will chase after you if they see you in that car" What is going on, I know they're trying to be as realistic as possible but they're taking it a little too far. I also hate Saints Row so don't say "OMG GO PLAY SAINTS ROW RETARD!!!!11"

Get the f*ck over it you sad sack of sh*t!

You can still steral the f*cking cars, but now you have to work a bit harder for it.

People like you are whats holding GTA basck because "OMGZ YOU CANT JUST RUN  AROUND AND SHOOT STUFF AND GO ON RAMPAGES".

The game isn't made just for you retard.

nev xoxo

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

What's the point of Grand Theft Auto when you can't Grand Theft Auto properly?

I'm glad they added this, because when you Grand Theft Auto in real life, cops will look after the plate if the car robbery was reported

podyx
  • podyx

Money Maker

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

its just a f*cking name

coca cola doesnt contain cocain these days does it?

dumb f*ck

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

That only applies to GTA Online AFAIK. It was said in an interview about GTAO and they're two completely different beasts.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by DaRkL3AD3R, 10 September 2013 - 01:45 PM.

In real life, stealing a car results in a police report. People don't just have their cars stolen and say "ahh well better luck next time." No, they f*cking phone that sh*t in ASAP and let the authorities know to be on the lookout for it. If you steal a car and are stupid enough to not change the plates pronto, you deserve all the heat that comes your way.

To use Morto Matrix's signature quote (because I was thinking the exact same line but when I looked up there it was right above this text box) here it is perfectly summed up in one line:

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."

mixjah
  • mixjah

Dude

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

What's the point of Grand Theft Auto when you can't Grand Theft Auto properly?

I'm glad they added this, because when you Grand Theft Auto in real life, cops will look after the plate if the car robbery was reported

agreed :^:

they didn't take out the GTA, in some way you could say they finally put it in.

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Well it IS like real life, if you're driving a stolen car in real life and its been reported as stolen if cops see it and notice you they'll act on it. Just steal one and go change the plates.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by stee_vo, 10 September 2013 - 02:24 PM.

All GTA games before V: Free cars.

GTA V: Other people's cars(which means getting punished for stealing them)

I'll go with V.

• ColatoralFenix likes this

TreTheTruth
  • TreTheTruth

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

They're not taking it out, just making it more realistic.

What happens if you steal a car in real-life? Police look out for that car & if they spot you, you can either stop, or out run them.

Just making it more realistic than just "take car", drive out the wanted circle, free car...

Cross100
  • Cross100

baguette hustler

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

It's a clever way from R* to regulate your ingame money, in V money is at the center of gameplay, so you can choose to go as a dumb criminal or be OG and play like a real ghost.

That's up to you if you want to go on rampage then keep your stolen car with original plates ,if you wanna chill then you gotta pay for it.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I remember a Rockstar official saying something like "If you steal a car the police will chase after you if they see you in that car" What is going on, I know they're trying to be as realistic as possible but they're taking it a little too far. I also hate Saints Row so don't say "OMG GO PLAY SAINTS ROW RETARD!!!!11"

Shut the f*ck up, you f*cking fat pussy, don't like it, don't buy it.

FruitLoop
  • FruitLoop

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Lol? We're still able to steal cars and shoot people and sh*t, so of course not. Just because some new street laws have been implemented doesn't mean they're trying to screw over their beloved GTA series. There's no way.

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Obviously, they are complicating things by trying to mix in RDR elements...its like adding salt to tea it just doesn't work....this game feels more like deer Thomas the Tank Engine then GTA.

najstronics
  • najstronics

Flibbertigibbet

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

I can't masturbate to this.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

@OP Grand Theft Auto is just a name for a franchise. It was no longer GTA ever since we no longer had 2D games. You are a bit late to the party, but that`s ok. Have a beer and we`ll pop the champagne on the 17th :)

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hmm it's their game. If you don't like the new system the door is that way. I love every single feature they added. Refueling cars would have made my day.

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Go and play Saints Row then retard.

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

They haven't changed a thing about stealing cars.  It was either worded wrong or it's being misinterpreted.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

rockstar is revolutionizing the brand name known as GTA

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Honestly, this will all depend on how it is handled. There needs to be a decent window before police are on the lookout for the stolen car. Realistically, unless you stole the car right in front of the owner, there'd at least be a few minutes delay before he realized it had happened. Then he'd have to report the car stolen to the police, who would then have to put out an alert. So say you steal the car and then have a minute+ window to get the car re-plated before you get a wanted level. I could get behind that. But cops instantly knowing the car has been stolen is pretty lame, unless you do it in front of them.

All of you ripping this guy as if he has no reason to be concerned are stupid fan boys who cause games to become sh*tty because they support whatever sh*t a developer shoves in their face. Constructive criticism is necessary for the Grand Theft Auto series to evolve and get better. Obviously we can't know if this feature will work well in game because we haven't played it yet, but this guy wasn't saying the game is sh*t, he was just asking if we, the consumers, think it's a good idea. You guys are all dick riding the game.

• MidWestGrunge likes this

Sneak47
  • Sneak47

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

OMG GO PLAY SAINTS ROW RETARD!!!!11

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Honestly, this will all depend on how it is handled. There needs to be a decent window before police are on the lookout for the stolen car. Realistically, unless you stole the car right in front of the owner, there'd at least be a few minutes delay before he realized it had happened. Then he'd have to report the car stolen to the police, who would then have to put out an alert. So say you steal the car and then have a minute+ window to get the car re-plated before you get a wanted level. I could get behind that. But cops instantly knowing the car has been stolen is pretty lame, unless you do it in front of them.

All of you ripping this guy as if he has no reason to be concerned are stupid fan boys who cause games to become sh*tty because they support whatever sh*t a developer shoves in their face. Constructive criticism is necessary for the Grand Theft Auto series to evolve and get better. Obviously we can't know if this feature will work well in game because we haven't played it yet, but this guy wasn't saying the game is sh*t, he was just asking if we, the consumers, think it's a good idea. You guys are all dick riding the game.

Are we really taking people who say things like, "I remember a Rockstar rep saying something like..." as gospel now?

Again, they haven't changed a thing about the way stealing cars is handled.  It was either worded poorly or OP misinterpeted / isn't remembering what was said correctly. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

We can STILL steal ANY car we can see, so it is STILL Grand Theft Auto.

Sure, we have an incentive to OWN a car, but that doesn`t mean we can`t steal any.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by jdwarfer, 10 September 2013 - 03:21 PM.

There's no interest in stealing cars if it's too easy. A bit of challenge is great. It's exciting, and when you manage to go away with a car, you feel prouder of what you've done.

HvR
  • HvR

I AM Jesus

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

its just a f*cking name

coca cola doesnt contain cocain these days does it?

dumb f*ck

Yes,

Yes They Do.

http://www.naturalne...la_cocaine.html

You Sir, Need to think before you speak.

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

isn't this a big missunderstanding?

in GTA Online, you can not only insure your car or set it up with a tracking device, but also you can report your car as stolen.

So if somebody steals your car and you report him, the police will be after him.

and thats a very very very cool feature! now i never doublechecked anywhere but i believe this is a ONLINE feature only!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users