Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has GAME UK Taken anybodies payment yet?

Game PreOrder UK
98 replies to this topic
TwistedMedia
  • TwistedMedia

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Has anybody from the UK who pre-ordered with Game had their payment taken yet?

We got that email last week, but they still haven't taken payment yet and it seems to be getting a bit close to release date now.

• nosyd likes this

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Nope. I'm in the same boat as you.

Nothing.

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Not yet for me, its a week away now, so in the next couple of days for sure

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for posting this thread, Twisted. I've also not been charged any payment.

I'm slightly concerned because the debit card I used has now been replaced with a newer one, so I fear the payment will bounce. I sent Game an email on Friday asking to change my payment menthod and no response yet.

ProTrainFollower
  • ProTrainFollower

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

7 days yet, be patient & don't worry.

schwam66
  • schwam66

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

pretty sure they dont take payment until THEY have it...so once game get the shippment thats when they take the dough....not a 100% but pretty sure thats how they roll....all the best though nothing to worry about....

TwistedMedia
  • TwistedMedia

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for posting this thread, Twisted. I've also not been charged any payment.

I'm slightly concerned because the debit card I used has now been replaced with a newer one, so I fear the payment will bounce. I sent Game an email on Friday asking to change my payment menthod and no response yet.

That's exactly what happened to me, I've updated my card and worried that they will mess up my order. I've set it to pay through PayPal though, so hopefully it will go smoothly.

Seeto200
  • Seeto200

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Game are taking payment on Friday the 13th, this has been discussed in another thread.

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

I hope you pathetic peasants get the game next Wednesday.

• JoM likes this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yup on Friday it's being taken out.

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:41 PM Edited by StewartWilson1992, 10 September 2013 - 07:42 PM.

That's exactly what happened to me, I've updated my card and worried that they will mess up my order. I've set it to pay through PayPal though, so hopefully it will go smoothly.

I had never thought of doing it through PayPal. Would've made things easier!

Anyway, I just got an email response from GAME in regards to changing payment method. They said the following:

"However if your order is a preorder we will be able to amend the payment details without cancelling the order. However given the sensitive nature of the information being provided you will need to contact customer services on our Webchat service."

Unfortunately, they did not answer my question on the possibility of the pre-order getting cancelled due to an expired payment method, but at least this confirms (for anyone wishing to change their details) on how to do so. 

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

hi, i made a thread on this about a week ago..i asked them by email and i received one back stating that they will take payment on the 13th which is a friday :) hope i helped.. i was in the same boat too.

Unknown16
  • Unknown16

Stelio...Stelio Kontos!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

hi, i made a thread on this about a week ago..i asked them by email and i received one back stating that they will take payment on the 13th which is a friday :) hope i helped.. i was in the same boat too.

That's pretty weird. In my opinion, that's not really early at all. I was under the impression that it'd be taken out today or tomorrow, hence why I got to the bank as soon as possible today, to transfer money over. 

Skylanator
  • Skylanator

War, war never changes..

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I had this problem with Borderlands 2 a while back and emailed them, they only take the money when the item is actually sent to stop any confusion. I don't think they'd have sent off peoples copies of GTA V yet :p wait a couple of days before release, then check.

TwistedMedia
  • TwistedMedia

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

That's pretty weird. In my opinion, that's not really early at all. I was under the impression that it'd be taken out today or tomorrow, hence why I got to the bank as soon as possible today, to transfer money over. 

That's what I thought. Under any normal circumstance, I'd expect them to take it on Friday, but since they made a big deal out of taking payment early, I was expecting to have paid them by now.

Oh well, at least I know that the payments haven't gone through yet, and it's not just me who's in this situation  :lol:

Unknown16
  • Unknown16

Stelio...Stelio Kontos!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

That's what I thought. Under any normal circumstance, I'd expect them to take it on Friday, but since they made a big deal out of taking payment early, I was expecting to have paid them by now.

Oh well, at least I know that the payments haven't gone through yet, and it's not just me who's in this situation  :lol:

Looks like several people were wrong. GAME just took my monies. It's a good thing actually, I was tempted to spend it on cigs.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Maybe you should try and phone... I haven't used GAME for a couple of years now so I don't know if they have that facility... but if it's not going to work out then you need to get the cash out and head for a 24H supermarket/games shop ;)

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Game has just taken my payment and said they are processing my order :) 

On the website the status is Shipped :p 

If only

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'll get the game today or tomorrow , I'l review it on the 14th of September

(Saudi Arabia) 

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

GAME took my money Monday night.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'll get the game today or tomorrow , I'l review it on the 14th of September

(Saudi Arabia) 

Ps3? If yes then which region do you guys get?

BTaylor20
  • BTaylor20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

I've had mine pre ordered at GAME for a few weeks and no payment had been taken as of yet, however my Shopto order has been placed, paid for and processed already.

DJS
  • DJS

ʕᴥʔ

• GTAF Crew
  • Scotland
  • Best Scottish

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Nothing taken yet.

jonnie123
  • jonnie123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

They just took mine.

JonnyN13
  • JonnyN13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Just had an email reminding me of my pre order but as of yet. . . Nada

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Glad to see there's more in the same situation, I was starting to worry! If they have't taken it out by friday I'm going ballistic... 

• pysolic likes this

pysolic
  • pysolic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Most people are in the same boat mate, people who say they've been charged? well.. take that how you want but the majority have not been charged including a few of my friends who've preordered from game also. You're safe don't worry.

jonnie123
  • jonnie123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

My payment was taken by PayPal so that may be why it appears to have been taken earlier.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yeah just got charged but I must have  accidentally preordered it twice, funny thing is they billed me for the non discounted preoder even though the version with the discount was ordered months earlier, nice one GAME....

Rocketbilly
  • Rocketbilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

I just checked my email to find that game have cancelled my preoder all the way back from May 24th.
No idea why they've done this, has this happened to anyone else?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users