Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would it be worth waiting an extra day or two?

Postage
9 replies to this topic
RhainbowGames
  • RhainbowGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

So, I've pre-ordered the Standard Edition of GTA V so that I can pick it up in store at the midnight launch, but my retailer have recently started selling their final copies of the Special Edition. However, the Special Edition is only available online, and they say that it would get to me in 1-2 business days.

Would it be worth waiting this day or two, and get all the extra Special Edition content, or would it be better just getting the Standard Edition at the midnight launch on September 17th itself? (by the way, I would also be getting one of the first legal copies of the game, as I live in one of the earliest time zones in the world)

SantosAssassin
  • SantosAssassin

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

Where do you live?  Who cares about the special edition youre getting the same game.

DawkinsEfect
  • DawkinsEfect

5-0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

question is, do you really want all that extras that comes with the special edition?  if you want it, then yeah sure wait the extra day or two.  me personally, I'm getting the game and running home at midnight, I already waited this long I don't think I can wait any longer.  That is like saying "Hey I know its Christmas tomorrow, but were going to push it off and celebrate it on the 27th this year"

RhainbowGames
  • RhainbowGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

question is, do you really want all that extras that comes with the special edition?  if you want it, then yeah sure wait the extra day or two.  me personally, I'm getting the game and running home at midnight, I already waited this long I don't think I can wait any longer.  That is like saying "Hey I know its Christmas tomorrow, but were going to push it off and celebrate it on the 27th this year"

I get your point, and I do really want the extras that come with the Special Edition, but I can imagine that I'd be able to find them on eBay in a couple of months anyway, really, so I'll probably just stick with the Standard Edition, really. I'm still thinking, though. :s

frenzypsycho
  • frenzypsycho

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

SE !

Psychoticuk
  • Psychoticuk

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

They say 1-2 business days to cover themselves, In reality if you preorder say now they SHOULD dispatch intime for delivery on release day, If you want the special edition I'd say go for it, you will just have to wait until your postman turns up on the 17th

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Where do you live?  Who cares about the special edition youre getting the same game.

Yeah I ordered the standard edition I don't care for any other editions as long as I get the game.

CaptainChronicV
  • CaptainChronicV

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:32 AM Edited by CaptainChronicV, 10 September 2013 - 09:34 AM.

Special edition

Collectible steel-book with exclusive artwork, featuring custom colour and metallic treatments

Blueprint Map; a 21" x 27" map which displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County

Special Ability Boost: The game's protagonists Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25 per cent faster

Stunt Plane Trials; gives the player additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County

Bonus outfits and tattoos and other outfits to appear in the wardrobes of Michael, Franklin and Trevor

Additional Weapons; Ammunation stores offer custom designs for free, including the Pistol .50, the Bullpup Shotgun and the melee Hammer

If you care about any of those then yes, personally I don't see the point after the main story missions and exploring what's is there to do il be playing online mostly so none of those will transfer over to multiplayer any way but that's just me

RhainbowGames
  • RhainbowGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

They say 1-2 business days to cover themselves, In reality if you preorder say now they SHOULD dispatch intime for delivery on release day, If you want the special edition I'd say go for it, you will just have to wait until your postman turns up on the 17th

The listing of the game says "Available September 17", and knowing this retailer, that probably means that they will ship it out on the 17th, and it would probably make it to me on the 18th/19th (possibly even later).

2gutta
  • 2gutta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

No way I could wait

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users