Tomorrow is 9/11

198 replies to this topic
zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

I have to say your colorful references to my username were quite amusing.

I going to go on a limb and say you weren't stationed anywhere friendly, since you were wounded. Agreed that there is a need for protection, I'll give you that. But I'm going to go out on another limb and assume you weren't exactly protecting... you see I don't consider the invasion of unstable foreign countries as "protection", more an overzealous police act. We, as a country, caused more death and misery than 9/11 tenfold throughout our disturbing history. The loss of human life during 9/11 is NOTHING compared to the devastation we've taken apart of in the Middle East. So maybe it is you who should be brushing up on politics. The need for military is essential, but it is not the need of said military I find questionable, but rather it's actions if you can grasp that. Tell you what though, soon as sh*t does hit the fan I'm packing my sh*t and moving to Canada so I guess you won't have to worry about covering my sorry self preserving ass.

I know a military presence is necessary, but don't you dare tell me the recent actions of the armed forces were in the interest of my freedom.

Let me get this straight, because the government is responsible for whatever you are saying. Its perfectly fine for innocent people to have died because of the government. You make me sick. Its people like you who should have been here in new york standing right on vesey street watching people splatter on the ground and hit other people trying to run away from the buildings. But according to you its ok because the government destroyed other countries.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

I have to say your colorful references to my username were quite amusing.

I going to go on a limb and say you weren't stationed anywhere friendly, since you were wounded. Agreed that there is a need for protection, I'll give you that. But I'm going to go out on another limb and assume you weren't exactly protecting... you see I don't consider the invasion of unstable foreign countries as "protection", more an overzealous police act. We, as a country, caused more death and misery than 9/11 tenfold throughout our disturbing history. The loss of human life during 9/11 is NOTHING compared to the devastation we've taken apart of in the Middle East. So maybe it is you who should be brushing up on politics. The need for military is essential, but it is not the need of said military I find questionable, but rather it's actions if you can grasp that. Tell you what though, soon as sh*t does hit the fan I'm packing my sh*t and moving to Canada so I guess you won't have to worry about covering my sorry self preserving ass.

I know a military presence is necessary, but don't you dare tell me the recent actions of the armed forces were in the interest of my freedom.

Let me get this straight

No, because clearly you haven't the faintest what I'm talking about. In fact what are you talking about? I never said 9/11 was ok because the government destroyed other countries! When did I say that? That said people being lined up and shot is about as f*cked as people leaping from buildings. 9/11 pales in comparison to various other atrocities being committed right now and not necessarily by our own government. That. Is. A. Fact. 9/11 was f*cked up, and there is no justifying despite how you have misconstrued my point somehow. Carry on.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Seriously why would you even mention that it's your birthday in a thread that is supposed to be about remembering the victims and that day? If you want to make a lame birthday topic then make one, but don't merge it with this. I know you said you don't want this to be about your birthday... well then don't mention it in this thread. Period.

agreed.

stop turning this thread into a debate topic... i love a good debate as much (if not more) than the next guy but this is inappropriate. RIP to those who died and god bless america.

• GunWrath likes this

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

Alright, fine, agreed. I'm done. Sorry for those who have truly lost people dear.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Why I was wounded nor where has no relevance to this topic. I don't expect sympathy and I sure as hell don't expect a lecture from you. All I want is an 9/11 topic that goes on without people like you.

Instead of bullsh*t debates.. leave this topic for what's it made for.. either his idiotic Bday announcement that involves something such as this or a decent topic in which those who still  care about 9/11 can come in and socialize and relive what they went through.

If you have an issue, Cracker.. make a topic about it for all I give a f*ck.. but leave it out of this one man. It's not hard. Take your 7yr old accusations and thoughts else where.. it's not needed here.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

I can't fathom being 100+ stories high, surrounded by fire & smoke, while knowing the building is going to collapse before long; not to mention knowing the only way out is leaping out a window.

When I'm near water, I bring forth a life jacket; when I'm highly elevated, I'm going to have a parachute handy. Furthermore, thermal goggles would've aided in seeing through the smoke. Nonetheless, a parachute in this scenario would be common sense, whereas thermal goggles wouldn't easily come to mind.

On 9/11/11, I walked into class, saw it on TV saying: "yippee, movie day", then: "nay, this is boring". Note: I was 8 years old at the time; hardly old enough to understand the seriousness of the atrocity.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by Seattle Cracker, 11 September 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Why I was wounded nor where has no relevance to this topic.

Then why did you bring it up.

I don't expect sympathy and I sure as hell don't expect a lecture from you.

Likewise.

All I want is an 9/11 topic that goes on without people like you.

Well I'm sorry I crashed the parade then.

Instead of bullsh*t debates.. leave this topic for what's it made for.. either his idiotic Bday announcement that involves something such as this or a decent topic in which those who still  care about 9/11 can come in and socialize and relive what they went through.

I never once mentioned my birthday and am not entirely sure why this is being brought up. I mentioned my age at the time. I seem to recall a similar idiotic announcement of tats and girls, but f*ck it. Double standards am I right?

If you have an issue, Cracker.. make a topic about it for all I give a f*ck.. but leave it out of this one man. It's not hard. Take your 7yr old accusations and thoughts else where.. it's not needed here.

I made no accusations of this nature when I was seven silly! Oh and I was just so glad you were capable of counting.

Whatever though. Peace out, sorry for those offended.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Just leave the topic dude.. noone sides with you. :^:

• Seattle Cracker likes this

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

Go f*ck yourself.  :^:

TeddyKoolz
  • TeddyKoolz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

Time flies very fast indeed, it will be 12 years since the terrorist attack at World Trade Center shocked the world. We all have some accounting theories on what really happened that day, the important thing is that the people who perished that day are still the ones that made it very memorable.

Spoiler

Happy B-Day ExtremeLimitations!!!

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

My God, he started a post with a capital letter, Hell truly has frozen over.

you're not paying attention.

I always capitalize proper nouns. my grammar is perfect. I only skip capital letters if they're improper because it allows me to type faster. it's also less formal.

his grammar is perfect

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

Why I was wounded nor where has no relevance to this topic. I don't expect sympathy and I sure as hell don't expect a lecture from you. All I want is an 9/11 topic that goes on without people like you.

if it has no relevance to this topic then why did you even bring it up in the first place? including your history with the marines or whatever you were doing.

clearly you're proud about it and wanted to showcase what a tough proud patriot you are.

sorry brah

• Seattle Cracker likes this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

People who do such atrocious things disgust me.

you mean people who fly planes into buildings.

they disgust you.

yeah...

somehow I think that goes without saying :lol:

I suppose 9/11 is the Pearl Harbor or Kennedy Assassination for my generation.

I'd rather just not think about it. to be perfectly honest I'm looking forward to the day when we stop "remebering" 9/11 every single year.

What's that supposed to mean? -_-

It means:
No sh*t Sherlock, Hey it's captain obvious, oh nah, I love terrorists.

So basically you're just stating the obvious 12 years late and it doesn't really need to be said, a waste of space is what he was getting at.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

R.I.P.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

9/11 always f*cking annoys me! i mean its the reason why the Darkel missions where removed from Gta III they sounded f*cking Cool! R.I.P to all the very unlucky dudes and chicks who were there that day but the big question and the REAL
question is did the government set it up so they had an excuse to go to war much like The Gulf of Tonkin Incident?

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

did the government set it up

Wow, there had to be one.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

What's the significance? everyday there are worse events than 9/11 happening around the world. Syria is a prime example, but even if the reason behind the two events are different, the outcome is the same; people are suffering and are being killed because of the conflicted interests and ideologies. The American terrorism has been making deaths to very innocent lives of Yemeni people by their drone attacks and we are constantly hearing about that from time to time. Why don't we have a memorial day for each one of these events? why would 9/11 be so special? I see no reason for that.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

People still Believe the Government are Innocent? :O

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:30 AM Edited by The_Sorrow, 11 September 2013 - 09:33 AM.

What's the significance? everyday there are worse events than 9/11 happening around the world. Syria is a prime example, but even if the reason behind the two events are different, the outcome is the same; people are suffering and are being killed because of the conflicted interests and ideologies. The American terrorism has been making deaths to very innocent lives of Yemeni people by their drone attacks and we are constantly hearing about that from time to time. Why don't we have a memorial day for each one of these events? why would 9/11 be so special? I see no reason for that.

Because it was the worst terrorist attack America has ever witnessed?

People still Believe the Government are Innocent?

Why did you ask if you have already made up your mind.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

RIP to all the innocent people who died that day and my respects to their families. What a sh*tty way to go.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

If you want to complain of any death toll.. take a gander at Christianity over the centuries.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:51 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 11 September 2013 - 03:51 PM.

It affected a majority of Earth's population, not just Americans.. but if you can't talk on a mature level, then gtfo. V Section is < way..

No, it affected a large amount of people world wide, but it did not affect several billion people. The majority of the world has learnt to accept it and move on, it was a tragic event yes, but it is remembered for the wrong reasons. The wars that followed it, the morons who were put in power because of it, the lives that were lost because of the event*.

9/11 should be forgotten, just as D-Day has been forgotten, not entirely of course, but we shouldn't keep moping about it globally nearly a decade and a half after it happened. I get that the ramifications of the 9/11 September attacks changed many of our lives, the way we live in our Western societies and the way many people in Northern America see the rest of the world, but it needs to stop. People can never recover until they move on and 9/11's remembrance on a global scale is something that is currently causing and has caused more harm than good.

*By that I mean the people that were killed in the wars and battles that have come as a direct result of the attacks.

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Get over it people. Not really a big deal anymore

Cosidering the societal and political changes in America since the attack, I'd say it's a lot more relevant today than ever.

Agreed. Honestly, the event completely altered the western world and shook the idea that it was largely safe from harm. It resulted in intervention in Afghanistan and many changes to western security protocols. Above all this, however, were the cost of human life on the day of the attacks and terrible repurcussions on families.

An event such as this should never be forgotten.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

RIP to those killed in the attacks.

I was at the site earlier today.....
  • ChopTheDog. likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

We shall never forget

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by Crazyeighties, 11 September 2013 - 01:58 PM.

We shall never forget

I still remember coming home from school, turning on the tv and going through all the channels looking for something to watch until I saw the first building on fire. Pretty much watched the news channels the entire day...
There's that footage of that man walking on the ledge on the outside of the building. He tried to hang on but then he slipped.... Man, that will stay in my mind forever. Everything about 9/11 will I think..

I remember waking up that day, and turinging on the tv as I always did, for some reason I turned on CNN and seeing the headline "WTC Fire" I thought it was a joke at first I could not believe what I was seeing, then they started talking about a plane that had hit the tower. After that I realized it was not some sort of sick joke it was real and it was scary, it was the day that defined our
Generation

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

I remember waking up that day, and turinging on the tv as I always did, for some reason I turned on CNN and seeing the headline "WTC Fire" I thought it was a joke at first I could not believe what I was seeing, then they started talking about a plane that had hit the tower. After that I realized it was not some sort of sick joke it was real and it was scary, it was the day that defined our
Generation

Yup, when I saw it on CNN, I thought it was just a normal fire. Then they said it was a plane that crashed into the building and that it was an accident. A few minutes later they showed the second plane flying into the second tower on live tv, and at that moment I think everyone realized that it was no accident..

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by GunWrath, 11 September 2013 - 02:21 PM.

I was in computer class when the teacher popped it on the television. We were like wtf is going on here? That's crazy.. then saw the 2nd impact, was like WHOAAA. We thought WWIII was starting.. then later that day when we got home.. I saw the videos of the jumping man and acouple others that jumped to their death.. that touched me man. Seriously, we thought it was like Red Dawn

Just some things you can't forget, this is definitely one of them, atleast for me.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

I was just one year old at that time but I remember my mother telling me the horror of this. This incident is well known in India especially since we had a similar terrorist attack in the same month called 26/11 which went on for 3 days in 2008. So, I know how it must have been for those watching, seeing people die before your own eyes.

RIP.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Why or how did building 7 fall again? I don't remember. And how many people perished in it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users