Tomorrow is 9/11

198 replies to this topic
El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

A shoot-down was infeasible as it just didn't exist in the rules of lawful engagement.

Dick Cheney disagrees with you...

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

My God, he started a post with a capital letter, Hell truly has frozen over.

• Original Light likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 10 September 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Haha! 

Coincidentally, I've just been PM'ing him regarding his bizzare use of blending perfect grammar with not using capital letters to start sentences!

Very strange, and unique!

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

some of you people make me sick. Forget about it? Move on? No big deal? Have you seen the footage of people jumpin for their lives only to die? To hear the  people suffering because they cant breath through the thick smoke? Peoples parents that died in that and you want us to forget it?

man some kids have no respect for the dead and the tragedy that was bestowed on America that day.

sure ill forget about it

• I<3GTAV likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by natethegreatforlife, 10 September 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Get over it people. Not really a big deal anymore

What? America and the world in general has changed very much due to the attacks. 

RIP to all the victims of those horrific attacks. I don't remember it myself, but I was 2 years old at the time.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

some of you people make me sick. Forget about it? Move on? No big deal? Have you seen the footage of people jumpin for their lives only to die? To hear the  people suffering because they cant breath through the thick smoke? Peoples parents that died in that and you want us to forget it?

man some kids have no respect for the dead and the tragedy that was bestowed on America that day.

sure ill forget about it

Unfortunately, it's become apparent that blowing off the tragic events of that horrific day is now the 'hip' thing to do among the many kids who didn't even exist to witness the unfolding of that US morning. 

• TheIllaDopest likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Sure everyone has to move on, and I'm pretty sure people have done a good job of that. No matter how much time passes and how far people move on, there is no escaping history and the craziness that was 9/11.

I'm not an overly emotional person, but I can't help but feel a bit sad on 9/11when all the memories stir. Lots of people died in a very horrific way without any warning.

It's not one of those times like "where were you when Kennedy was shot"? Kennedy was one man, one father. 1000s of mothers and fathers died on 9/11.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by Distrom, 11 September 2013 - 12:21 AM.

Does anyone know of any 9/11 documentaries that're on tonight?

I live in the UK btw.

My f*cking freeview box is sh*t and I can't view future programmes.

EDIT: Mockage, I also seen that video, he was in the south tower right?

His last words were "Oh god!" I believe.

I think they were "Oh god, NO!!"

Horrifying stuff.

ninja-edit: Yes, he died in the South Tower.

Yes, his name was Kevin Cosgrove.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ppAeMWFCqC8

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Waiting for a pin to drop.. or some conspiracy theorist.

Hello there. I'm the culprit. Or will be once I feel like yelling over the internet.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Waiting for a pin to drop.. or some conspiracy theorist.

Hello there. I'm the culprit. Or will be once I feel like yelling over the internet.
Regardless of how it happened and who may be responsible, I still think we shouldn't take the death of so many innocent people so lightly.

I border on conspiracy, but still...

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by GunWrath, 11 September 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Not sure why some say, "For f*ck sakes, move on", I find it blood-boiling to even murmur those words. If it were 20,000 soldiers died at the event of a bomb, then I'm sure it's something people could move on from as the men that died knew what they were signing up for, etc. But being that 1,000's of innocent lives were taken, is why it's still remembered.. and so close to home. Some of you live in other countries, so the effect isn't as great but that day, the entire world watched in awe and shock. I also remember when the country became one again as well on that day as well as the following.

It doesn't only affect Americans but other countries as well. It was a cowardly act and one that didn't serve any true justice. It ended with bloodshed on both parts, American and foreign. So to simply say move on is ignorant. You don't have to respect who died, because you didn't know them, you don't have to feel anything.. and if you don't, then this obviously isn't the topic for you to say so. Leave those comments to yourself.

9/11 is a day as large as D-Day in my opinion.. it's something that effected the world and it's a reason that stimulated my need to stand up for my country and become a true patriot. If you have disgusting and useless comments about 9/11, please just keep them to yourselves but if you have a mature and educated comment, then please share. Don't tarnish the day nor the people that died, please. They don't deserve that type of sh*t.. instead, tarnish the people involved in causing 9/11.

• TheIllaDopest likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

911 is a celebration for Zionists like Larry Silverstein. The USS Liberty should be remembered on this day too.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

racist ^

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

One word postist ^

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

I thought that I was over it a few years ago.  I wanted to be over it all.  But I don't think I will ever be "over it".  Just the thought of the people that died.  What would the have been doing now 12 years later?  Children going to college.  People having kids, grandkids.  Police and firefighters saving lives.  Even a dad being there for their kids, knowing them as adults, or knowing them at all.  That is the main reason I still mourn.

But I'm just glad the media coverage of it all is a much more subtle affair, instead of week long coverage, I'm seeing more of a one or two story deal.  It got to a point that it felt exploitative.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:43 AM Edited by GunWrath, 11 September 2013 - 01:43 AM.

True, darth.

but there isn't a coverage of 9/11 where I don't feel emotionally attached. I wish I had the time to visit some of the rescue workers and Firefighters that were there. I served my country over it and reason for doing so was 9/11 but it's nothing compared to what they went through and they sacrificed just the same. Those are the true heroes of 9/11, while everyone is running out, they were running in.. as they say. :^:

I'm just glad that this is still remembered as opposed to forgotten. Same with POW/MIA .. never forget.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

you're not paying attention.

I always capitalize proper nouns. my grammar is perfect. I only skip capital letters if they're improper because it allows me to type faster. it's also less formal.

• trip likes this

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

the melodrama in this thread is making me tear up a little, excuse me while I go grab a tissue and pretend like I knew what was even going on at the time, considering I was a seven year old.

you know just because 9/11 didn't affect you doesn't mean it didn't affect plenty of other people.

if you've got nothing to say then don't even bother responding.

But I do have something to say and that something to say is that maybe, just maybe, people need to get over it a little. I mean sure if the tragedy affected you on a personal level IE family/friend/pet death then sure the circumstances are different but it has been twelve years. Besides I'll respond to whatever I damn well please.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

the melodrama in this thread is making me tear up a little, excuse me while I go grab a tissue and pretend like I knew what was even going on at the time, considering I was a seven year old.

you know just because 9/11 didn't affect you doesn't mean it didn't affect plenty of other people.

But I do have something to say and that something to say is that maybe, just maybe, people need to get over it a little. I mean sure if the tragedy affected you on a personal level IE family/friend/pet death then sure the circumstances are different but it has been twelve years. Besides I'll respond to whatever I damn well please.

Not necessarily, not everyone lives life according to your standards.. and when you say 'I'll respond to whatever I damn well please'.. I laugh, because you aren't allowed anything here if we don't see fit.

It affected a majority of Earth's population, not just Americans.. but if you can't talk on a mature level, then gtfo. V Section is < way..

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

My heart goes out to the victims and their families. What happened was potentially the greatest american tragedy of our generation, and should be reflected upon in silence by all americans for years to come, not just until people stop caring like those who dont remember, know, or care for pearl harbor... Keep the memory alive of the victims, otherwise they will truly die.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by Seattle Cracker, 11 September 2013 - 03:13 AM.

Not necessarily, not everyone lives life according to your standards.. and when you say 'I'll respond to whatever I damn well please'.. I laugh, because you aren't allowed anything here if we don't see fit.

It affected a majority of Earth's population, not just Americans.. but if you can't talk on a mature level, then gtfo. V Section is < way..

Describe how having an opinion on a touchy subject makes me "immature" in the slightest. If anything you telling me to get the f*ck out is more immature than anything I've ever said on this forum. And who is we, exactly? Oh I'm shaking in my little boots. And it definitely affected Americans significantly more than other countries (aside from the Middle Eastern ones unfortunately), but I fail to see how this is relevant anyways.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

Besides I'll respond to whatever I damn well please.

Is your immature comment.

We, is the staff.. if you have an issue with that, then let us know. You don't have to shake my friend.. this is the internet, but if you're shaking, I feel sorry for you. I've already pointed out that this has affected Americans.. but it's also affected more than Americans. This was a global crisis.

If you don't have anything contributing for the sake of 9/11, just refuse from posting. If all you have is 'eh, get over it' comments.. refuse from posting or be told to do so by other than me. This topic is in remembrance of 9/11, not the degrading of it. Remember that.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

256621-funny-gifs-citizen-kane-clapping.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Thank you for the applause.. but if I read correctly, all you know of 9/11 is being 7yrs old. Does that mean you have a dictating opinion on it? I wouldn't think so, since obviously it hasn't affected you.

sh*t son, when you were seven, I was already having tattoos and girlfriend issues.. but honestly, I don't think you have much to contribute here. So you might as well leave ;)

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

Did it affect me at the time? No. Did it affect me personally? No. Does it warrant my attention and opinion? I'd say yes. Terribly sorry of the tats and girl problems, I'm sure the natio- excuse INTERnational tragedy made those problems less worrisome. Or maybe not. Suppose I'll be taking my leave now considering you're not so tolerant of opposing views, Mr. Patriot. I mean, I assume you're patriotic given your inherent enthusiasm with guns and motorcycles and 9/11. Could be wrong though. Oh right, best not be talking sh*t, my get banned :p

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:42 AM Edited by GunWrath, 11 September 2013 - 03:43 AM.

I want everyone to look at this guy.. 19yrs old.. Mr. Badass.

But goodbye on your leave. Sad to see you go!

I'm patriotic because I served 6yrs with the US Marine Corps.. wounded. Who cares about that though.. we're discussing 9/11, not my time.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

See, now, how do you go and expect me to leave after pulling the Marine card! Does this somehow give you leverage over me? Am I supposed to shrivel and cringe dear service member! Glad you can count though! Also glad you're willing to die for the corrupt interests of our beloved government. Oh. Sorry. I meant freedom.

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

People saying that we need to forget about 9/11 are extremely rude. Instead of forgetting 9/11 we could remember and feel sad for other tragedies. But to forget one of the worst attacks is terrible.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT COUNTRY YOU ARE FROM. WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

The people that died on 9/11 were normal people in a country that had no problems during the time. This was not a battlefield this was an attack on regular people going about their day. People who had families and did nothing to deserve being killed so gruesomely. People who did not deserve to choose weather they burn to death or jump from the tallest budings in america at the time. What if that was your family member who jumped and just exploded upon hitting the ground or burned to death trying to escape their own office. An innocent person who did nothing to deserve that. And it makes me sad when i hear people say "forget 9/11 people die everyday".

Im a new yorker and i remember seeing the twin towers and how beautiful they where.

Please. Be respectful and considerate. There are still new yorkers including nypd and fdny dying from cancer that they got from the smoke that covered lower manhattan.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

What exactly is corrupt by your terms? Since you have it all figured out?

At 19yrs of age, I expect you to know some decency.. but since you don't, enlighten me, almighty one. I feel like I'm watching a bloopers reel of Spaceballs at this moment. But what? Do you think that every soldier, Marine or Sailor are robots? Is that your defense? Do you think that every enlisted personnel is some maneuver for some scheme set by the goverment? Where do you think you would lie if it weren't for people like myself? I can count, son, I can also shoot and find difference in things. Some things in our government is corrupt, but not all. So you better study up on your politics boy.. you have a lot to learn. If all you go on is what you see and hear on forums and media.. then you're mislead.

The world needs a security, so does it's countries.. but where do you stand if sh*t hits the fan? Are you the type to run around hoping to find supplies and what not? Or you the type to stand up for your country? I promise you one thing Seattle boy, US will be here long after your cracker ass.. just because of men like myself. Chances are.. you're the same soft ass that would beg for help in such situations. I hope I'm that guy that hears that call.. that way I can save your saltine ass.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

I have to say your colorful references to my username were quite amusing.

I going to go on a limb and say you weren't stationed anywhere friendly, since you were wounded. Agreed that there is a need for protection, I'll give you that. But I'm going to go out on another limb and assume you weren't exactly protecting... you see I don't consider the invasion of unstable foreign countries as "protection", more an overzealous police act. We, as a country, caused more death and misery than 9/11 tenfold throughout our disturbing history. The loss of human life during 9/11 is NOTHING compared to the devastation we've taken apart of in the Middle East. So maybe it is you who should be brushing up on politics. The need for military is essential, but it is not the need of said military I find questionable, but rather it's actions if you can grasp that. Tell you what though, soon as sh*t does hit the fan I'm packing my sh*t and moving to Canada so I guess you won't have to worry about covering my sorry self preserving ass.

I know a military presence is necessary, but don't you dare tell me the recent actions of the armed forces were in the interest of my freedom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users