Tomorrow is 9/11

198 replies to this topic
ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Time flies very fast indeed, it will be 12 years since the terrorist attack at World Trade Center shocked the world. We all have some accounting theories on what really happened that day, the important thing is that the people who perished that day are still the ones that made it very memorable.

Spoiler

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Happy Birthday for tommorow. I had a birthday yesterday.  :lol:

• Muhammad Hamdan likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Happy Birthday for tommorow. I had a birthday yesterday.  :lol:

No, no, no; this is not a birthday thread, it's about the 9/11 and related to it. But thank you for greeting me :)

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

R.I.P to those who perished that day and in the aftermath.

People who do such atrocious things disgust me.

• Irviding likes this

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Let me use this as a stepping stone, similar to what my country (The US) has done anyways for the last 12 years. The people who did this, those bastards who flew airliners into skyscrapers are not dead, and they are not gone. We would like to think that killing bin-Laden stopped them, but the truth is much sadder. The Obama administration talks about the Syrian rebels a lot, going so far as to say "Syrian rebels represent the values of the United States". The fact that he says this is insulting enough, but let's look at who he's referring to. Who supports the rebels? Let's see. Hamas, that's nasty enough, but not really a direct threat to us, just Israel, but, Allies and all of that I suppose. Then.... Al-Qaeda? What is this? The people who caused terrorist attacks in the US 12 years ago, the people we've been fighting for most of those 12 years represent us?

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

I still remember coming home from school, turning on the tv and going through all the channels looking for something to watch until I saw the first building on fire. Pretty much watched the news channels the entire day...

There's that footage of that man walking on the ledge on the outside of the building. He tried to hang on but then he slipped.... Man, that will stay in my mind forever. Everything about 9/11 will I think..

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

RIP to all those people. I was actually trying to get away from the doom and gloom of today's world. Especially since I had just literally stopped playing RDR on my Xbox and had the good feeling of a time where most of this BS would have been acceptable for the time period. You look to the future and think " Thing are going to much better 100 years from the setting of this game ". Nope, not even. Anyway I don't mean any disrespect toward those who unfortunately lost their lives, but I think it's time America and the world as a whole stop dwelling on the past, live in the now, and make the world we live in now and the days beyond better for everyone. It seems as if before 9/11 we were capable of doing that, but after 9/11 we just can't refrain from looking back. I think I understand why. 9/11 is a wound not only for America, but for the whole word and like almost any wound it will heal after time goes by. As the generations pass it will slowly become less and less relevant. One can only hope that it heals quickly enough for America to regather her bearings and snap out of the catatonic state that she has remained in for the last twelve years. 

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

I think people should forget and move on, it's been already 12 years. Besides there are everyday other catastrophes that take more lives and nobody cares about them.

• Davo the Assassin and Finite like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

you mean people who fly planes into buildings.

they disgust you.

yeah...

somehow I think that goes without saying :lol:

I suppose 9/11 is the Pearl Harbor or Kennedy Assassination for my generation.

I'd rather just not think about it. to be perfectly honest I'm looking forward to the day when we stop "remebering" 9/11 every single year.

• Ermacs likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:30 AM Edited by finn4life, 10 September 2013 - 08:31 AM.

Wow, time flies as someone said. I didn't think 11/9 was already here, damn haha.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Waiting for a pin to drop.. or some conspiracy theorist.

Anyways, yes.. dwell amongst the stars to those who perished during 9/11 as well as the outcomes of 9/11. Semper Fi

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Wait! 9/11 went by on GTAF without at least 10 pages of arguing over conspiracy theories?

• Finite and RoadRunner71 like this

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

With Obama's support for Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria, all those people that died that day, died in vain. Except the hijackers. Also with the UK and US using anti-terror laws on their own people, it's time to declare Osama bin Laden the victor in the war on terror.

• Finite likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:04 AM Edited by zoo3891, 10 September 2013 - 09:05 AM.

Wait! 9/11 went by on GTAF without at least 10 pages of arguing over conspiracy theories?

The first quarter of the first page about three hours before 9/11 hits eastern Russia anyway. :lol:

Besides, nobody's awake yet.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:09 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 10 September 2013 - 09:09 AM.

With Obama's support for Al Qaeda affiliates in Syria, all those people that died that day, died in vain. Except the hijackers. Also with the UK and US using anti-terror laws on their own people, it's time to declare Osama bin Laden the victor in the war on terror.

Pretty much this. People seem to forget what the word terrorist means. The terrorists are just chilling out now. No reason to do anything anymore.

Ouncy
  • Ouncy

Stonenova

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Is this a birthday thread?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Happy birthday ExtremeLimitations :^:

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Ancient Aliens did it, there's nothing to discuss.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

I think people should forget and move on, it's been already 12 years. Besides there are everyday other catastrophes that take more lives and nobody cares about them.

Indeed, and although I do agree with you that people should forget and move on from the incidents that occurred twelve years ago, they won't. Because although much larger, more devastating events have occurred worldwide in the twelve years since that date, it remains the largest foreign attack on western soil in the twentieth century. Not just because of the event itself (even though it certainly claims the record for the largest death toll from a foreign attack) but also because of the long-reaching ramifications it's had in both the US and the UK.

As Joseph states many governments now use the anti-terror laws on their own people, with upgraded surveillance and security being prevalent at any airport you go to, with the NSA spying on its own people. This goes without mentioning all the people that have died in the wars that the leaders of these countries were able to go to, thanks to 9/11. The people that died that dad, really did die in vain.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

I cannot hear it anymore... for me it's already only a date anymore... it was a bad day for us all... but always to look back doesnt change the past.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:55 PM Edited by Raavi, 10 September 2013 - 05:40 PM.

9/11 The day that thousands lost their lives and NYC lost it's the most iconic structures.

R.I.P

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

you mean people who fly planes into buildings.

they disgust you.

yeah...

somehow I think that goes without saying :lol:

I suppose 9/11 is the Pearl Harbor or Kennedy Assassination for my generation.

I'd rather just not think about it. to be perfectly honest I'm looking forward to the day when we stop "remebering" 9/11 every single year.

What's that supposed to mean? -_-

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Didn't see that spoiler part before, so happy birthday ExtremeLimitations! :^:

(You too pr00f)

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by ACR, 10 September 2013 - 02:56 PM.

9/11 is soo overrated.

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

9/11 is soo overrated.

inb4 death threats and all the hate you're going to get

Doesn't seem like 12 years ago since it happened. I was only 5 when it did happen, f*cking jesus. I remember watching the news for about 4 hours, was just like a film at that age, tragic

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by jln22, 10 September 2013 - 04:52 PM.

I will be having my annual 9/11 celebration party at my house. You are all invited to come celebrate that hilarious event that took place 12 years ago

Hmm, you're turning 12 tomorrow?

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Hollowpoints
  • Hollowpoints

Poop like a Derp!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

To those who say we shouldn't mope around about 9/11, I understand, it's been 12 years and it's time to move on, but to forget it is an impossible task. We still remember Pearl Harbor and talk about it. I remembered 9/11 as it was unfolding. I was a child back then and I was in the first grade watching the television in the library, fire engines zooming down from Battery Park to the burning North Tower. And my mother worked for the airlines and she had the horror of not knowing if it was a jet from her airline or not. So I will never forget that day, I still remember everything about that day and especially remember school and the parking lot when my mom came to pick me up, the sky being a clear blue with no jets in the air at all, and this was unusual because this was near a very active executive airport. I will remember always.

I can't believe the asshole of a president wants to support the rebels who work side by side with Al-Nusra Front(Al Qaeda) and burns especially worse while around 9/11.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Seriously why would you even mention that it's your birthday in a thread that is supposed to be about remembering the victims and that day? If you want to make a lame birthday topic then make one, but don't merge it with this. I know you said you don't want this to be about your birthday... well then don't mention it in this thread. Period.

• Davo the Assassin and Irviding like this

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

RIP and all but it happened a decade ago, time to move on and unless you have family members involved, get over it. Once you get to a certain age you'll find close friends and family dying every year.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

I look forward to the debates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users