Photo

Details on GameStop's Midnight Release

33 replies to this topic
S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

I went to GameStop today to finish paying off my GTA V pre-order. (I got the Special Edition.) While I was there, I asked about the details on the midnight release of GTA V.

The store associate told me that at 8:00pm (your local time), GameStop will close. At 10:00pm (your local time), GameStop  will re-open. When they open, GameStop will begin taking receipts or giving out receipts, if you do not have a receipt; with these receipts, employees will write a number on your receipt or have you take a number, and both of these methods will allow you to hold your place in line.

After obtaining your number, you may leave the store and come back at around 11:00pm (your local time) to wait for your GameStop to give out copies of GTA V. While waiting, GameStop will be giving out prizes and whatnot.

As a suggestion, I advise anyone who is going to the midnight release of GTA V to arrive at their local GameStop at 9:00pm (your local time) to secure the best place in line to obtain one of the first few spots in line.

P.S. My GameStop said they have 275 pre-orders, in a town of about 30,000 people, so yours may have a larger or smaller number of pre-orders.

• SimsDaniel916, SPLATTER BLOOD and JuniorInPhilly like this

Found_Again
  • Found_Again

Ban Roulette Victim. :)

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

Legit. I got the same response from my local GS. 

Creasy47
  • Creasy47

Bond, James Bond.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

I don't think that is set in stone for all locations. The GameStop I reserved it at isn't doing one, so they said you have to go into the store the day of and show your photo ID to confirm that you want your copy sent to the other store for the midnight release. At that store, they will be open all night, but they aren't 100% sure when they are going to start taking numbers. I have to call back this week.

So, to be completely sure of what yours is doing, obviously, call in ahead and check.

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

I don't think that is set in stone for all locations. The GameStop I reserved it at isn't doing one, so they said you have to go into the store the day of and show your photo ID to confirm that you want your copy sent to the other store for the midnight release. At that store, they will be open all night, but they aren't 100% sure when they are going to start taking numbers. I have to call back this week.

So, to be completely sure of what yours is doing, obviously, call in ahead and check.

Yes, make sure your GameStop is doing a midnight release. This page on GameStop's website lists nearby GameStop stores that are holding a midnight release event: http://www.gamestop....-v/default.aspx

• Found_Again likes this

Richard378
  • Richard378

Busta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

My EB Games are getting people to pay the rest of their pre-order from 10-11 and they will stamp the receipt. That stamp will give access to a separate line where you just walk in, pick it up and leave in a fast process. Also, he told me that they will be giving out shirts, posters and maybe even a Collectors Edition. I live in one of the biggest citys in my province so I still have a feeling the separate line may be long but they're not advertising that method, they're only saying it to the people who ask about it.

SlimShadynig
  • SlimShadynig

Karandinho

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

thanks

• S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

My local GameStop will be doing the same thing they did for Black Ops 2. Come at 6PM and get your receipt number which marks your place in line. Then come back any times before midnight and get in your spot in line although they have a "celebration" starting at 9PM where there will be a hotdog stand and a Hummer where you can walk up to the trunk and play GTA V early using the flat screens in the Hummer.

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

My local GameStop will be doing the same thing they did for Black Ops 2. Come at 6PM and get your receipt number which marks your place in line. Then come back any times before midnight and get in your spot in line although they have a "celebration" starting at 9PM where there will be a hotdog stand and a Hummer where you can walk up to the trunk and play GTA V early using the flat screens in the Hummer.

Bring some hand sanitizer for the extensive amount of people who will be touching the controller.

• zachy likes this

CookieMonsterRawr
  • CookieMonsterRawr

Changing lives one explosion at a time.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Yeah, all I knew of was the midnight release at mine. But there are two game-stops at my mall. And I went to the less-common one. But I never got any details. Either way, my happy ass will be there at 8 anyway.

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

OP is correct all Gamestop doing midnight release will/should be doing this exactly.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

Midnight launch this time next week!
  • Found_Again likes this

Laqueesha
  • Laqueesha

The Right Honourable

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

The GameStop that I pre-ordered my copy from is at a shopping mall, and there will be a launch party held at one of the mall's restaurants. Going to be awesome!

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

The GameStop that I pre-ordered my copy from is at a shopping mall, and there will be a launch party held at one of the mall's restaurants. Going to be awesome!

Free water!

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Bring some hand sanitizer for the extensive amount of people who will be touching the controller.

I don't even play it in the Hummer. I want to save my first time experience for inside with my Turtle Beaches. 

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

One thing I learned from being in the military, always arrive at least 30 mins prior of arranged time. I'll be sitting in my car at 08:30 :pp
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT and Found_Again like this

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

I don't even play it in the Hummer. I want to save my first time experience for inside with my Turtle Beaches. 

This is what I'll be doing, minus the Turtle Beaches. Super expensive.

One thing I learned from being in the military, always arrive at least 30 mins prior of arranged time. I'll be sitting in my car at 08:30 :pp

Exactly. The early bird gets the worm ;)

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I'm going to a store near my local EB Games so I'm going to stop at the EB Games and ask what they're doing for the midnight launch, and maybe see if I can get my copy early which I highly doubt.

Laqueesha
  • Laqueesha

The Right Honourable

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:47 AM Edited by Laqueesha, 10 September 2013 - 03:47 AM.

One thing I learned from being in the military, always arrive at least 30 mins prior of arranged time. I'll be sitting in my car at 08:30

True that! Although, I think you mean 2030. ;)

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

One thing I learned from being in the military, always arrive at least 30 mins prior of arranged time. I'll be sitting in my car at 08:30

True that! Although, I think you mean 2030. ;)

Does you local GameStop not have the set place in line system or are you guys trying to get in for the celebrations?

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

I'm going to a store near my local EB Games so I'm going to stop at the EB Games and ask what they're doing for the midnight launch, and maybe see if I can get my copy early which I highly doubt.

Yeah, don't get your hopes up. EB Games is a corporate entity and have "policies."

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

I tend to get there like at 12:15... I'll be at the end of the line, but don't have to wait as long. :)

But maybe, just maybe, I'll be there early. ;)

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:11 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 10 September 2013 - 04:11 AM.

CVG just posted an article regarding EB Games in Australia doing Midnight Launches including the names of every EB Games participating. CVG Article.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Or arrive at 12:20 - 12:30 when there is no wait and grab your copy and go.  In and out, 30 seconds flat.

Spectre95
  • Spectre95

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Or arrive at 12:20 - 12:30 when there is no wait and grab your copy and go.  In and out, 30 seconds flat.

I'm not sure why I don't do this more often. Why am I waiting in line for? Might as well arrive a little late instead.

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

I'm not sure why I don't do this more often. Why am I waiting in line for? Might as well arrive a little late instead.

I don't know what it is. It's just the feeling of being the first in line to get the game, like I've won a trophy or something :p

CChevelleSS
  • CChevelleSS

GTA all the way

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

My gamestop has over 600 pre-orders that are picking it up at mid-night the manager is calling it "Hell-Night" lol

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Bumping this up for anyone who would like to see the info :)

YusufAmirFan
  • YusufAmirFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

Free water!

unlimited refills lol

• JuniorInPhilly likes this

JuniorInPhilly
  • JuniorInPhilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just came back from my local GameStop, same basic procedure as above. This is actually the first time time I ever did a pre-order on a game so this is all new to me.

The employee told me to come at 9pm, this locations closing time (I'll be there at 8:30'ish to play it safe) I'll show them my receipt, get a number. Then come back at 12am.
I guess the lower my number, (example if I get "32" - Then I am the 32nd in line, guaranteed the 32nd copy.  Sounds right, I hope?

Yeah, I'm a newbie to the forum, When I first saw the trailer of GTAV almost 2 years ago, I think I had the same reaction as everyone else - "holy s--t!" Then late last year with the 2nd trailer, my jaw dropped.
But then felt deflated when it said "Coming Fall 2013"lol.  Finally the wait is over, counting down the days. more like hours now..which is a just under 80. :happy:

poopstain94
  • poopstain94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Can I Get It Earlier¿

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users