Requesting Solutions to "Inappropriate Sexual Content"

censor inappropriate under age age mod modification 15 nudity sexual content
169 replies to this topic
Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

You probably have about two options: try to reason with them to allow you, or sneak around to get a copy and play covertly. If the second option is a possibility then that means your parents aren't watching over your shoulder to see what you are playing, which means you could talk them into letting you get it, downplaying any nudity or sexual content, and it's unlikely they would ever see it. Unless you deliberately go into strip clubs off-mission, you probably won't see any sexual content aside from a couple of missions. Honestly, most of the game doesn't involve sexual content. It's not Saints Row.

thejoshualee
  • thejoshualee

because I care

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

It's better to be honest with your parents than trying to sneak around. 
Personally, I always found the sexual content in the game to be overstated and done mostly for satire's sake. Perhaps a heart to heart talk and an invitation to have them watch you play, or play themselves, will go a ways to having them appreciate the game for what it is.
If not, the game isn't going to disappear. Wait a few years and suffer though teenage years. You still have Red Dead Redemption and other good games to get you by. Those of us my age grew up with the NES and SNES and those masterpieces of a bygone era kind of suck if I'm completely honest. At least there are some genuine masterpieces you can play.

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

ABANDON THREAD!

abandon_thread-33789.gif

• DrAnomalous likes this

Pickle117
  • Pickle117

Busta, straight busta.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Sex is bad, but violence is okay!

100broken
  • 100broken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Hit hens is Christopher Hitchens the infamous atheist. While you might not share all of your parents dogma, I seriously doubt you don't believe in God.
Ignore these atheist hustlers. They fail to mention that true atheism requires just as big a leap of faith as theism.

Haha infamous atheist, you're some boy you.
It requires zero faith because it doesn't assume to know everything. Good to see your ill-education permeates further than your beliefs.
You've defined 'agnostic', not 'atheist', friend.
I'm done, so as not to derail the thread from the OPs sincere question.

No I haven't, friend.

Atheism doesn't claim to know there is no god, just that there is no reason to believe in god.

No more now.
  • DrAnomalous and Moonplayer like this

_skinnymeanman
  • _skinnymeanman

Self-employed couch sitter

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

Just get someone who is over 18 to get it for you. Pay them. Then play it when no one is around. And remember that most of the sexual content is optional.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

You seem like a very mature 15 year old, much more mature than a lot of the 20+ people I see on here.  I'm sure your parents are also keen to this fact.  So maybe just having a talk with them will help them sway their decision in your favor. Let them know that the game is not centered on sexual content, it actually is a very small part.  Explain that you are aware of right and wrong and that the game will not have any negative influence on you.  And tell them that you can skip cutscenes if you see something sexual coming on.

You can tell them that you have no interest in the sexual aspects of the game (at least in my case that's true, I really couldn't care less if it was left out).  Let them know that the game is very enjoyable, and you would hate to miss out on it because of a few meaningless sexual encounters.

• RaptorTaco and JLU51306 like this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:06 AM Edited by 73duster, 10 September 2013 - 04:11 AM.

To the OP:

People who tell you to lie and sneak around do NOT have your best interests at heart. Talk to your parents, and try to convince them that you can handle the subject matter in the game. Nobody's parents are perfect, but they ARE your parents, and you have to deal with them for the rest of their lives. You don't want them to lose trust because you did something behind their back.

Hearing the word NO, is part of growing up. It sucks, but that's life. It's ridiculous for people to tell you to circumvent your parents wishes, simply because they might say no.

• Carlover325 and RaptorTaco like this

100broken
  • 100broken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Look man you know your parents we don't. If you think talking to them about it and being open will work go for it. If not then your only option is to play it without their knowledge.

If you don't wanna deceive your parents then you have no other options to be able play the game.

Simply you can't turn off pieces of content.

Your call.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

I'd also say its probably not worth starting a war with your parents over. If they dont let you get it, GTAV will still be there for you when you are able to buy it on your own. I waited 2.5 years to buy GTAIV because I knew what a waste of time it would be. I used to write electronic music all the time, and now I use that time for gaming instead. Kinda sad, and that's why I resisted getting an Xbox for a long time. Really, I wish I hadn't gotten it sometimes. Fun does have its own value, but in all honesty, your future life would be better served spending that time educating yourself, sports, learn a musical instrument, helping people, etc. Not a popular opinion, I know, but just remember that NOT getting GTAV could be of great benefit to you in the long run.
  • R.R likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

Staying off this forum would be a big help.

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

To the OP:
People who tell you to lie and sneak around do NOT have your best interests at heart. Talk to your parents, and try to convince them that you can handle the subject matter in the game. Nobody's parents are perfect, but they ARE your parents, and you have to deal with them for the rest of their lives. You don't want them to lose trust because you did something behind their back.
Hearing the word NO, is part of growing up. It sucks, but that's life. It's ridiculous for people to tell you to circumvent your parents wishes, simply because they might say no.

Don't listen to this poindexter. If you can afford to purchase the game with your own funds, wether from a job or an allowance, and don't have to ask mom and dad to make the purchase, then you should purchase it.

You are 15. In three years, if you live in the USofA, (2 in some states), you'll be an adult. Heck, if you comitted a serious enough crime, you might even be charge as an adult at 15!

Your parents' hang up on sexuality and nudity seems to be their issue, not yours. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. You should just try to keep the game from them... If they find out, then have a talk with them. Let them know that you're mature enough to handle this. If at that point they still make you give the game up, let them know you'll do as they say out of respect. After all, you do live with them... But you should then ask that they not throw it away... It cost a lot of money and you'd hate to waste it. Ask them to save it for you. ;)
  • 100broken likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

^^This is PRECISELY the type of guy i'm talking about. :miranda:

aidanjames1
  • aidanjames1

Reaper Reap

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

Unless there is some way to remove the Sexual Content/Nudity/Allthatstuff (leaving violence alone). 

I've thought of some solutions myself, which include waiting for a mod or downloading the Australian version etc.

In Australia, nothing has been taken out, it's all in there (that's what she said). Sorry man.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:31 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 September 2013 - 04:38 AM.

The OP is already set on trying to cheat. So, I don`t think it will matter if me or you tell him not to, or someone else encouraging him to cheat.

I don`t like cheaters. And it is irrelevant if they are religious or not.

[EDIT] http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Tv5NUKXzE_U <--- young age: he should NEVER handle that gun without the very minimum of certified glasses (funny enough, at the second shot, the moron friend shoots for the head). Regardless of what he told his parents, he is NOT mature enough - and it clearly shows just in how he handles the responsibility of owning an airsoft gun outside the games - disrespect of the MANDATORY measures he has to obey.

It is clear that our beloved OP thinks that rules don`t apply to him, or they apply selectively. Good job to the ones encouraging him... that`ll make him a responsible human being.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

The OP is already set on trying to cheat. So, I don`t think it will matter if me or you tell him not to, or someone else encouraging him to cheat.

[EDIT] http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Tv5NUKXzE_U <--- young age: he should NEVER handle that gun without the very minimum of certified glasses (funny enough, at the second shot, the moron friend shoots for the head). Regardless of what he told his parents, he is NOT mature enough - and it clearly shows just in how he handles the responsibility of owning an airsoft gun outside the games - disrespect of the MANDATORY measures he has to respect.

You're probably right, but he DID come here for "advice". It seems to me that the ONLY reason people are telling him to sneak behind his parents back is because they might say no. If THAT is the way he ends up making decisions, then playing this game is the LEAST of his problems.

RisingLegend
  • RisingLegend

Your Neighborhood Wigger

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

It's fa**ots like you that ruin the ESRB rating system. Your parents shouldn't allow you to play this game.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Why don't you just tell your parents that their imaginary friend doesn't exist and they should grow up.

I kid.

If you can't sneak it then you're f*cked man.

• Moonplayer likes this

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

Stopped reading there.

killdonkey
  • killdonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Man. I'm sure all your friends are getting this game bro. Just sleepover their house for like a couple days  or just go there after school and what not. I'm sure atleast one of ur friends is going to get the game.

Special Members
  • Special Members

Plata O Plomo

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Holy sh*t, I`m lucky I don`t have these christian type of parents. Here`s my advice: If you can, just buy the game, and keep it a secret from them. That`s what I did with GTA IV when my parents didn`t want me to buy it. EVERYONE over the age of 13 with a normal minds should get the honor of playing the biggest game of the decade. If you don`t like the thought of lying or doing something your parents might not like, then sorry, bro. You`re f*cked.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:38 AM Edited by Jameson312, 10 September 2013 - 05:39 AM.

It is clear that our beloved OP thinks that rules don`t apply to him, or they apply selectively. Good job to the ones encouraging him... that`ll make him a responsible human being.

You sound like suuuch a tool. Who exactly is he cheating bro? The government?

That wasn't a rhetorical question. Please, do elaborate. I need to hear this.

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

The Grand Theft Auto series has always been something of a "forbidden fruit" to myself and other people under the age of 18 (I'm 15). Recent GTA games have posessed levels of freedom and realism that are unmatched by other games (The Euphoria engine is a major selling point for me), and now that I learn that this game's budget has surpassed that of all movie blockbusters excluding one, the prospect of not owning the game is now more infuriating than ever.

Sadly, considering that I am a member of a devout christian family, that outcome is more likely than the one I prefer.

Unless there is some way to remove the Sexual Content/Nudity/Allthatstuff (leaving violence alone). 

I've thought of some solutions myself, which include waiting for a mod or downloading the Australian version etc. Would anybody on this forum know of any possible solutions? If so, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.

Thank you in advance.

Also, before anybody says something along the lines of "You're fifteen, you shouldn't be playing GTA.",  know that there are circumstances that you are unaware of, and your presumptions are most likely incorrect. I just like what you like. Be nice.

I should clarify that the religious beliefs that have been adopted by my family haven't been adopted by me as well.

Lol first of all if you are truly 15, you are one smart ass 15 year old kid. Good job man, I have a feeling you will go places. Always keep your grammar on this level or better.

Second, good idea. If it's not too much of a programming disaster they should have an "off" button for strip clubs, prostitutes, ect

Thanks for the complement. Much appreciated. ;) Winky face.

I think I'm going to put you in the special thanks section of my novel (the novel itself may or may not actually be published) just for saying that. Made me smile.

Please show me if you do. You seem like a kid to invest in. GJ man and keep writing

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Holy sh*t, I`m lucky I don`t have these christian type of parents. Here`s my advice: If you can, just buy the game, and keep it a secret from them. That`s what I did with GTA IV when my parents didn`t want me to buy it. EVERYONE over the age of 13 with a normal minds should get the honor of playing the biggest game of the decade. If you don`t like the thought of lying or doing something your parents might not like, then sorry, bro. You`re f*cked.

I am Christian and there is nothing about Gta in Bible that states you can't play Gta. As long as you don't commit the crime in real life it's ok.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

So much smart asses, I wish I could snap your V copies in front of your faces. Cant you see this guy is hurting.

Seems like you're screwed man, unless you can convince your parents that you will stay away from what they disapprove and Stay in their guidelines you're f*cked. That would mean you giving them detailed list of what you can can and cannot do in the game and having them cross sh*t off like a checklist. 

I hope you have understanding parents you seem like a level headed guy so I think it would be a shame if you couldn't experience this game. Best of luck :^:

Thanks for being pleasant. Much appreciated. 

Although, some of this is kind of funny, so I don't mind.

I think that Christian and Catholic organizations rate all movies for content and make huge lists that parents use to decide what movies their kids can't watch.  They were doing this long before the internet, and I assume they still are providing web-based "bad movie" lists these days.  Anyway, for movies, people pretty much just passively watch from beginning to end and so they get exposed to whatever prurient content is in the movie. 

One the other hand, perhaps an argument could be made for video games, that since they are interactive and free-roam, that a player can chose their path and not be passively exposed.  As someone mentioned above, if you know in advance (from this forum and from mission walkthroughs) which missions / cutscenes are going to contain objectionable content, you could purposely avoid them and still have plenty of fun doing all the other many things in GTAV. 

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

i cant believe this. if this is a troll thread, OP is a fa**ot. otherwise, you'll get over it OP.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

Tell your folks God is a GTA fan and wants you to play it. It's all in the new testament.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

So your devout christian family would have no problem with you slaughtering people but god forbid you happen to see a pair of those american teetees?

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Jesus will throw a lightning bolt down to your head and blow you up. Stick to playing CoD.

vibe92
  • vibe92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

If your family were to fall down the stairs, would that not solve your problem?

I'm not saying they should fall down the stairs, or even that they will fall down the stairs - but if an accident like that happened, there would be nothing to stop you playing a bit of vidya, right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users