Requesting Solutions to "Inappropriate Sexual Content"

censor inappropriate under age age mod modification 15 nudity sexual content
169 replies to this topic
Milton T Pike
  • Milton T Pike

The Bowling Cousin

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

I don't understand how people can get upset over anyone bringing up his age, or religion. First of all HE brought up the fact that he is from a family of "devout Christians". Also, he may not be 7, but he isn't 18 EITHER. These games have ratings for a REASON, and you either take notice of the rating, or you IGNORE it.

The discussion over whether or not there should be a way to remove all of the objectionable content OTHER than the violence is ridiculous, and only exposes WHY this game may be inappropriate for him in the FIRST place.

I totally disagree. If you read the OP's post, he's got better grammar and sentence structure than 80% of the people I see posting in online forums in general.

So I think he's level-headed and well-rounded enough that the "inappropriateness" of the game isn't going to turn him into a rapist or a serial killer.

For him to have the level of social-/religious-selfawareness that he has, I'd argue he's just as ready to see the game as anyone over the age of 18.

• themlggoldfish likes this

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

What's wrong with nudity  :whuh:

Absolutely nothing lol

Yup lol

Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Dude you're not one of those home schooled "excluded from society" Christians are you?

This guy should be thinking about having sex in the real world right now, instead he can't even play a damn video game.....I truly feel for you my man. Soon you will begin developing your own beliefs, and its your right as a human being to fight for them. Your parents don't have to know everything about you.

A f*cking keylogger?? What an asshole. (No offense)

Fortunately I am not one of those "excluded from society" Christians. I don't even have to go to church, so that's good. Thanks for the post.

Baron von Doom
  • Baron von Doom

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hit hens is Christopher Hitchens the infamous atheist. While you might not share all of your parents dogma, I seriously doubt you don't believe in God.

Ignore these atheist hustlers. They fail to mention that true atheism requires just as big a leap of faith as theism.

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Off-topic: OP, I am a Christian too, but I follow Isaiah 64:6. I shouldn't play GTA V or any other bad video game, but I know that not playing it doesn't make me any better than anyone else. If you want some closure on this, shoot me a message.

As for the original subject of this thread, your parents are in charge of you and are doing what they feel is right. I think you will have to try and respect their decisions because they are your parents and love you. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's kind of like when you ask your parents for something and they say "No." You ask why and they say "Because I said so."

• Baron von Doom likes this

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

Hit hens is Christopher Hitchens the infamous atheist. While you might not share all of your parents dogma, I seriously doubt you don't believe in God.

Ignore these atheist hustlers. They fail to mention that true atheism requires just as big a leap of faith as theism.

Please stop baiting.

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by DarkFalcon95, 10 September 2013 - 03:37 AM.

This thread's going in the wrong direction very fast.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

I don't understand how people can get upset over anyone bringing up his age, or religion. First of all HE brought up the fact that he is from a family of "devout Christians". Also, he may not be 7, but he isn't 18 EITHER. These games have ratings for a REASON, and you either take notice of the rating, or you IGNORE it.

The discussion over whether or not there should be a way to remove all of the objectionable content OTHER than the violence is ridiculous, and only exposes WHY this game may be inappropriate for him in the FIRST place.

I totally disagree. If you read the OP's post, he's got better grammar and sentence structure than 80% of the people I see posting in online forums in general.

So I think he's level-headed and well-rounded enough that the "inappropriateness" of the game isn't going to turn him into a rapist or a serial killer.

For him to have the level of social-/religious-selfawareness that he has, I'd argue he's just as ready to see the game as anyone over the age of 18.

I never insinuated that he wasn't intelligent. Even considering that he seems like an intelligent person, that doesn't automatically mean he's ready for something like GTAV. His parents know him better than any one of US do, so perhaps his best option is to sit down with them and CONVINCE them that he can handle the content.

He certainly sounds smart enough to make a case for himself. As for the rating system, it's not perfect, but it's there for a reason. The rating will not prevent his parents from getting the game for him, but at LEAST they will KNOW it's rated M. THEY can decide whether or not he could handle it, and HOPEFULLY, his plea will be taken into consideration.

Baron von Doom
  • Baron von Doom

Rat

• Members

Please stop baiting.

How's that?

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Also, before anybody says something along the lines of "You're fifteen, you shouldn't be playing GTA.",  know that there are circumstances that you are unaware of, and your presumptions are most likely incorrect. I just like what you like. Be nice.

Some countries have the legal age set at 18, some at 21. The legal system is good enough for me, so NO, there aren`t any special circumstances. You can either have the proper age for something, or you don`t.

This being said, I do feel for you but life is life. And there are plenty of immature lunatics that think that the real world is just like a game, so they steal their daddy`s lethal weapon and start killing people. You might not be one of them, you might never be one of them.. frankly I don`t give a sh*t. There are STILL no circumstances I am not aware of. And if your parents will buy you the game, they are as irresponsible as you ...

Holy sh*t people this guy is 15 years old....he's not 7.

I mean what the f*ck is wrong with people these days? ...as if laws and restrictions were actually predicated on logic....

You sound ridiculous.

I don't know about you man, but I grew up in this place called the real world. He's old enough to know wrong from right; 15 is young but he's not a child.

When I was his age I was already my own man, and I had to look to myself for direction and I had to make my own choices.

If you honestly think a 15 year old would commit violent crimes in the real world because of a video game then you have been living with your head up your ass. The only way that would happen is if the kid is f*cked in the head to begin with.

I've been playing violent video games since I was in grade school.

100broken
  • 100broken

Player Hater

• Members

The anti-Christians in this tread are pathetic.

Hey man that's seriously offensive, I don't stop at christianity.

Please explain why I'm pathetic.

What's pathetic is the clear disconnect in logical thought in the minds of the aforementioned parents that if the sexual content was removed then maybe this kid could play the incredibly violent video game.

Look I hope he gets to play the game somehow, if only to piss off another couple of god fearing folk.
  • Moonplayer likes this

Baron von Doom
  • Baron von Doom

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

What's pathetic is the clear disconnect in logical thought in the minds of the aforementioned parents that if the sexual content was removed then maybe this kid could play the incredibly violent video game.
Look I hope he gets to play the game somehow, if only to piss off another couple of god fearing folk.

Exactly. You find some twisted enjoyment out of pissing off people that don't share your own worldview. That's pathetic.

Milton T Pike
  • Milton T Pike

The Bowling Cousin

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

See bold and underlined portions for the answer you gave to your own question in the same comment.

• Baron von Doom likes this

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Well, I think you should just get the game anyways... We've all gone through periods where we disobey our parents. It's part of growing up... Get it, play it in secret, and them a few months after, reveal to them that u have the game and have been playing it. All of it. Try not to get an STD or commit any crimes between u getting the game and the reveal. Win!
  • Moonplayer likes this

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Just tell your parents that you think you are gay and that looking at virtual strippers in this game might cure your "illness."

• Jameson312 likes this

RaptorTaco
  • RaptorTaco

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Alright, so I almost didn't want to add my voice into here amongst all the nonsense, but you seem like someone who is actually looking for actual advice on what to do, so here's my bit.

Look man, you're 15, And, regardless of their religion, regardless of whether to not you share it to any degree with them, from what I've gathered from your responses, you do seem to still be dependent on them for some basic things in your life right now, which is completely normal and fine because that's the part of your life you're at right now.

ANd whether or not you agree with their way of living out their or your beliefs, or their quirks, and regardless of any of the things that all parents do that frustrate us growing up, they deserve some respect and deference, especially when it comes to what does and doesn't happen in their hiome. Because even though their methods may seem aggressive and over the top (a key logger on your pc is pretty intense), I'm sure that in their mind, they have only good intentions, even if the means don't make a lot of sense in the long run.

Long point short, if they don't want you playing the game, for whatever reason, I think it's best to listen to them. You probably have friends who you can visit and play with, and while its not as good as owning it yourself, in all it's euphoria engine goodness ( a huge selling point for me too), you'll get to experience it still. And in a little bit, your parents may change their minds, and in a longer bit, you'll be old enough to make your own choices. Bt you're not their yet, and it's probably better to deal with some GTA withdrawals, than risk consequences of your parents finding out that you defied and lied to them. It certainly won't help any defense of videos games from you in the future.

So... Yeah. I'd just take the hit and avoid getting caught in the runaround. It's a really exciting game, but it is just a game. Sow your parents that they can trust you to make choices that respect their wishes for you while you are dependent on them, and they will learn to respect and trust you. Hopefully.

100broken
  • 100broken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Haha infamous atheist, you're some boy you.

It requires zero faith because it doesn't assume to know everything. Good to see your ill-education permeates further than your beliefs.
  • Moonplayer and Jameson312 like this

Milton T Pike
  • Milton T Pike

The Bowling Cousin

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

It requires zero faith because it doesn't assume to know everything. Good to see your ill-education permeates further than your beliefs.

Guhh, stop dude, just stop. Don't turn this into a religious debate thread.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

I mean what the f*ck is wrong with people these days? ...as if laws and restrictions were actually predicated on logic....

He can be 17 and 11 months, he is still not 18.

Just as you can`t apply for a weapon permit if you are not a certain age, just as you can`t get your driver`s licence if you are not of a certain age, just as you can`t buy alcohol or cigarettes if you are not of a certain age, so you can`t buy a game rated for a certain age if you don`t meet the criteria.

Your religious belief has nothing to do with this and it will never will. 

Baron von Doom
  • Baron von Doom

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:49 AM Edited by Baron von Doom, 10 September 2013 - 03:52 AM.

You've defined 'agnostic', not 'atheist', friend.

I'm done, so as not to derail the thread from the OPs sincere question.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Also, before anybody says something along the lines of "You're fifteen, you shouldn't be playing GTA.",  know that there are circumstances that you are unaware of, and your presumptions are most likely incorrect. I just like what you like. Be nice.

Some countries have the legal age set at 18, some at 21. The legal system is good enough for me, so NO, there aren`t any special circumstances. You can either have the proper age for something, or you don`t.

This being said, I do feel for you but life is life. And there are plenty of immature lunatics that think that the real world is just like a game, so they steal their daddy`s lethal weapon and start killing people. You might not be one of them, you might never be one of them.. frankly I don`t give a sh*t. There are STILL no circumstances I am not aware of. And if your parents will buy you the game, they are as irresponsible as you ...

You sound ridiculous.

I don't know about you man, but I grew up in this place called the real world. He's old enough to know wrong from right; 15 is young but he's not a child.

When I was his age I was already my own man, and I had to look to myself for direction and I had to make my own choices.

If you honestly think a 15 year old would commit violent crimes in the real world because of a video game then you have been living with your head up your ass. The only way that would happen is if the kid is f*cked in the head to begin with.

I've been playing violent video games since I was in grade school.

Ridiculous? YOU can't decide whether a kid you don't know, is ready for a game like this. His PARENTS are the only ones who should make that decision. I never said anything about him, or ANY 15 year old committing crimes, so it seems YOU are the one with your head up your ass.

Calm down. The rating system may not be something YOU consider valid, but it's there for his PARENTS. I don't care if he is allowed to play the game or not, but it should be THEIR decision. He should make his case with THEM.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:51 AM Edited by Jameson312, 10 September 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Guhh, stop dude, just stop. Don't turn this into a religious debate thread.

Seconded.

Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:51 AM Edited by Rellog, 10 September 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Alright, so I almost didn't want to add my voice into here amongst all the nonsense, but you seem like someone who is actually looking for actual advice on what to do, so here's my bit.

Look man, you're 15, And, regardless of their religion, regardless of whether to not you share it to any degree with them, from what I've gathered from your responses, you do seem to still be dependent on them for some basic things in your life right now, which is completely normal and fine because that's the part of your life you're at right now.

ANd whether or not you agree with their way of living out their or your beliefs, or their quirks, and regardless of any of the things that all parents do that frustrate us growing up, they deserve some respect and deference, especially when it comes to what does and doesn't happen in their hiome. Because even though their methods may seem aggressive and over the top (a key logger on your pc is pretty intense), I'm sure that in their mind, they have only good intentions, even if the means don't make a lot of sense in the long run.

Long point short, if they don't want you playing the game, for whatever reason, I think it's best to listen to them. You probably have friends who you can visit and play with, and while its not as good as owning it yourself, in all it's euphoria engine goodness ( a huge selling point for me too), you'll get to experience it still. And in a little bit, your parents may change their minds, and in a longer bit, you'll be old enough to make your own choices. Bt you're not their yet, and it's probably better to deal with some GTA withdrawals, than risk consequences of your parents finding out that you defied and lied to them. It certainly won't help any defense of videos games from you in the future.

So... Yeah. I'd just take the hit and avoid getting caught in the runaround. It's a really exciting game, but it is just a game. Sow your parents that they can trust you to make choices that respect their wishes for you while you are dependent on them, and they will learn to respect and trust you. Hopefully.

Thanks for the advice. In the end, there's always Youtube too.

JinxyBinky
  • JinxyBinky

Gentle Lover

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Simple solution, Call the police and tell them your parents molestered you... It worked for these kids - http://www.southpark...ation-adventure

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

jesus-explains-gaming.jpg

PeacefulFuckingDay
  • PeacefulFuckingDay

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

I'm sure they're a lot of non-religious people who think this same way, so it's not even about religion anyways.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by Jameson312, 10 September 2013 - 03:56 AM.

Ridiculous? YOU can't decide whether a kid you don't know, is ready for a game like this. His PARENTS are the only ones who should make that decision. I never said anything about him, or ANY 15 year old committing crimes, so it seems YOU are the one with your head up your ass.

Calm down. The rating system may not be something YOU consider valid, but it's there for his PARENTS. I don't care if he is allowed to play the game or not, but it should be THEIR decision. He should make his case with THEM.

Point taken. But he is making it seem like his parents' fanatical religious beliefs are ruining his childhood. I'm getting heated lol.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 September 2013 - 03:55 AM.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Tv5NUKXzE_U <--- look at this genius over here.

He clearly stated his case clearly enough that his parents bought him a likely 400 FPS gun. Then he uses it without proper protection AND gives it to a person that hasn`t got proper training with it.

You can clearly see that he is such a mature fellow, don`t you?

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

denounce your religious beliefs. Epsilonism is the only one true path!

anyways, give money to one of your friends and have their parents buy it

RockStarG
  • RockStarG

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

Every time you see a naked person, just think of their exposed genitalia as joyous pictures of Jesus.

Lmfao

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users