Requesting Solutions to "Inappropriate Sexual Content"

censor inappropriate under age age mod modification 15 nudity sexual content
169 replies to this topic
Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

I think I need to clarify that it I am not prohibiting myself because of religion. My father is a computer security expert, as has even installed a key logger on my PC. He would know if I didn't do anything to censor the game.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 10 September 2013 - 03:00 AM.

Also, before anybody says something along the lines of "You're fifteen, you shouldn't be playing GTA.",  know that there are circumstances that you are unaware of, and your presumptions are most likely incorrect. I just like what you like. Be nice.

Some countries have the legal age set at 18, some at 21. The legal system is good enough for me, so NO, there aren`t any special circumstances. You can either have the proper age for something, or you don`t.

This being said, I do feel for you but life is life. And there are plenty of immature lunatics that think that the real world is just like a game, so they steal their daddy`s lethal weapon and start killing people. You might not be one of them, you might never be one of them.. frankly I don`t give a sh*t. There are STILL no circumstances I am not aware of. And if your parents will buy you the game, they are as irresponsible as you ...

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Haha, I love these little sh*ts that have uptight parents. :D

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Hmm that sucks, you will have to do some pretty hard convincing to your parents to play this game or... this is what I would do:

1. If you own a PS3, buy an Australian copy of GTA 4 (it is MA15+ and region free).

2. Buy GTA 5 without your parents knowing.

3. Print a GTA 4 CD label and stick it on your GTA 5 disc.

4. Enjoy GTA 5! (only play the campaign and visit the strip clubs when your parents are not around).

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by 73duster, 10 September 2013 - 03:04 AM.

Walk away from religion, you are OBVIOUSLY not a "devout" Christian if you think simply removing everything BUT the violence makes this game "acceptable". Either Christianity is not for you, or this game isn't for you.

Pick one.

• Sirpepperoni likes this

Milton T Pike
  • Milton T Pike

The Bowling Cousin

• Members

To the OP:

I understand your predicament. I'm going to come at it from a realistic angle. There are people saying "give up religion", "tell your parents to f*ck off", and other sh*t like that - you and me both know that won't work, your parents will go ballistic.

What I'd suggest? Lie to them. A little white lie - maybe even true - tell them that you are prompted before any on-screen sexuality or sexual innuendos take place, and that the game gives you the option to skip them entirely. Promise them you'll skip them whenever prompted.

I'm morally against the white lie unless it benefits the good of the people, like Plato said - the "Noble Lie". You seem smart enough to know right from wrong, good from bad, you don't seem like the type to have your whole world turned to shambles by seeing some in-game sexuality , so no one gets hurt by this.

You'll grow up to realize how sheltered and shallow your parents are being (in this regard) - and I say that because my mother was the same way when I was growing up.

That's my suggestion - the Noble Lie. Make it convincing.

• ryyannrawr likes this

100broken
  • 100broken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

So much smart asses, I wish I could snap your V copies in front of your faces. Cant you see this guy is hurting.

Seems like you're screwed man, unless you can convince your parents that you will stay away from what they disapprove and Stay in their guidelines you're f*cked. That would mean you giving them detailed list of what you can can and cannot do in the game and having them cross sh*t off like a checklist. 

I hope you have understanding parents you seem like a level headed guy so I think it would be a shame if you couldn't experience this game. Best of luck :^:

I'm assuming your not a Christian, you have more of an Old Testament vengeful streak.

Anyway I gave possibly the most viable answer if indeed his parents are as devout as he says. Hitchens!!!
  • Moonplayer likes this

Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

To the OP:

I understand your predicament. I'm going to come at it from a realistic angle. There are people saying "give up religion", "tell your parents to f*ck off", and other sh*t like that - you and me both know that won't work, your parents will go ballistic.

What I'd suggest? Lie to them. A little white lie - maybe even true - tell them that you are prompted before any on-screen sexuality or sexual innuendos take place, and that the game gives you the option to skip them entirely. Promise them you'll skip them whenever prompted.

I'm morally against the white lie unless it benefits the good of the people, like Plato said - the "Noble Lie". You seem smart enough to know right from wrong, good from bad, you don't seem like the type to have your whole world turned to shambles by seeing some in-game sexuality , so no one gets hurt by this.

You'll grow up to realize how sheltered and shallow your parents are being (in this regard) - and I say that because my mother was the same way when I was growing up.

That's my suggestion - the Noble Lie. Make it convincing.

I like it. Thanks for posting.

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

You're parents are okay with mass murder, drugs, all that stuff, but nudity? OH LAWD NO CAN'T HAVE THAT! Honestly I doubt there's much nudity in the game anyways. Unless you spend all your time in a strip club. Tell your parents that most of the nudity will be in the strip clubs. Which will be optional (save for a required mission or 2).

Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

So much smart asses, I wish I could snap your V copies in front of your faces. Cant you see this guy is hurting.

Seems like you're screwed man, unless you can convince your parents that you will stay away from what they disapprove and Stay in their guidelines you're f*cked. That would mean you giving them detailed list of what you can can and cannot do in the game and having them cross sh*t off like a checklist. 

I hope you have understanding parents you seem like a level headed guy so I think it would be a shame if you couldn't experience this game. Best of luck :^:

I'm assuming your not a Christian, you have more of an Old Testament vengeful streak.

Anyway I gave possibly the most viable answer if indeed his parents are as devout as he says. Hitchens!!!

Would you clarify as to who this "Hitchens" man is? I know it's probably a joke or something, but I'd like to know regardless.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

LOL. If your religious beliefs aren't strong enough to fight off the urge to play a video game, what are you gonna do when life's bigger problems come your way?

Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

LOL. If your religious beliefs aren't strong enough to fight off the urge to play a video game, what are you gonna do when life's bigger problems come your way?

I never directly said that they were mine. 

Dkmariolink
  • Dkmariolink

Super Duper High School Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

Im 16, my parents don't really care what I play. 

I'm 16, not a child anymore. They let me choose decisions based on what I think is right for me. Which is why I don't do drugs, smoke, etc.

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

This thread is super close to being required to be in the debates section.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

So the voilence is okay.. but the sexual content is not.. Interesting.

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Your time will come with age. Just wait and hang in there. I've been playing gta since I was a kid..... I'm now 30, and have been a police officer for about 7years. I love that as I mature video games are maturing as well. Your time will come..... Just think not so long from now we will have a president who was seriously into GTA or WOW, gaming is a hobby that's not going away and once you are on your own you can enjoy it all

Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

This thread is super close to being required to be in the debates section.

I should have considered the repercussions before posting. Heh.

Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Your time will come with age. Just wait and hang in there. I've been playing gta since I was a kid..... I'm now 30, and have been a police officer for about 7years. I love that as I mature video games are maturing as well. Your time will come..... Just think not so long from now we will have a president who was seriously into GTA or WOW, gaming is a hobby that's not going away and once you are on your own you can enjoy it all

Yeah, I guess I have too. Thanks for the post.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by Jameson312, 10 September 2013 - 03:16 AM.

Also, before anybody says something along the lines of "You're fifteen, you shouldn't be playing GTA.",  know that there are circumstances that you are unaware of, and your presumptions are most likely incorrect. I just like what you like. Be nice.

Some countries have the legal age set at 18, some at 21. The legal system is good enough for me, so NO, there aren`t any special circumstances. You can either have the proper age for something, or you don`t.

This being said, I do feel for you but life is life. And there are plenty of immature lunatics that think that the real world is just like a game, so they steal their daddy`s lethal weapon and start killing people. You might not be one of them, you might never be one of them.. frankly I don`t give a sh*t. There are STILL no circumstances I am not aware of. And if your parents will buy you the game, they are as irresponsible as you ...

Holy sh*t people this guy is 15 years old....he's not 7.

I mean what the f*ck is wrong with people these days? ...as if laws and restrictions were actually predicated on logic....

100broken
  • 100broken

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

It no joke dude, but seriously you're already on the Internet just open a new tab and google him.

Would you clarify as to who this "Hitchens" man is? I know it's probably a joke or something, but I'd like to know regardless.

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

The Grand Theft Auto series has always been something of a "forbidden fruit" to myself and other people under the age of 18 (I'm 15). Recent GTA games have posessed levels of freedom and realism that are unmatched by other games (The Euphoria engine is a major selling point for me), and now that I learn that this game's budget has surpassed that of all movie blockbusters excluding one, the prospect of not owning the game is now more infuriating than ever.

Sadly, considering that I am a member of a devout christian family, that outcome is more likely than the one I prefer.

Unless there is some way to remove the Sexual Content/Nudity/Allthatstuff (leaving violence alone). 

I've thought of some solutions myself, which include waiting for a mod or downloading the Australian version etc. Would anybody on this forum know of any possible solutions? If so, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.

Thank you in advance.

I should clarify that the religious beliefs that have been adopted by my family haven't been adopted by me as well.

Lol first of all if you are truly 15, you are one smart ass 15 year old kid. Good job man, I have a feeling you will go places. Always keep your grammar on this level or better.

Second, good idea. If it's not too much of a programming disaster they should have an "off" button for strip clubs, prostitutes, ect

Rellog
  • Rellog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:21 AM Edited by Rellog, 10 September 2013 - 03:25 AM.

The Grand Theft Auto series has always been something of a "forbidden fruit" to myself and other people under the age of 18 (I'm 15). Recent GTA games have posessed levels of freedom and realism that are unmatched by other games (The Euphoria engine is a major selling point for me), and now that I learn that this game's budget has surpassed that of all movie blockbusters excluding one, the prospect of not owning the game is now more infuriating than ever.

Sadly, considering that I am a member of a devout christian family, that outcome is more likely than the one I prefer.

Unless there is some way to remove the Sexual Content/Nudity/Allthatstuff (leaving violence alone). 

I've thought of some solutions myself, which include waiting for a mod or downloading the Australian version etc. Would anybody on this forum know of any possible solutions? If so, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.

Thank you in advance.

I should clarify that the religious beliefs that have been adopted by my family haven't been adopted by me as well.

Lol first of all if you are truly 15, you are one smart ass 15 year old kid. Good job man, I have a feeling you will go places. Always keep your grammar on this level or better.

Second, good idea. If it's not too much of a programming disaster they should have an "off" button for strip clubs, prostitutes, ect

Thanks for the complement. Much appreciated. ;) Winky face.

I think I'm going to put you in the special thanks section of my novel (the novel itself may or may not actually be published) just for saying that. Made me smile.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

Thank you in advance.

Well you could always get the game for the driving enjoyment 

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

What's wrong with nudity  :whuh:

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

Wait till you are at the age that is stated on the rating.

svf8Tmu.jpg

PeacefulFuckingDay
  • PeacefulFuckingDay

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

What's wrong with nudity  :whuh:

Absolutely nothing lol

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Holy sh*t people this guy is 15 years old....he's not 7.

I mean what the f*ck is wrong with people these days? ...as if laws and restrictions were actually predicated on logic....

I don't understand how people can get upset over anyone bringing up his age, or religion. First of all HE brought up the fact that he is from a family of "devout Christians". Also, he may not be 7, but he isn't 18 EITHER. These games have ratings for a REASON, and you either take notice of the rating, or you IGNORE it.

The discussion over whether or not there should be a way to remove all of the objectionable content OTHER than the violence is ridiculous, and only exposes WHY this game may be inappropriate for him in the FIRST place.

• flyingmonkey97 and Malndor like this

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

Dude you're not one of those home schooled "excluded from society" Christians are you?

This guy should be thinking about having sex in the real world right now, instead he can't even play a damn video game.....I truly feel for you my man. Soon you will begin developing your own beliefs, and its your right as a human being to fight for them. Your parents don't have to know everything about you.

A f*cking keylogger?? What an asshole. (No offense)

Baron von Doom
  • Baron von Doom

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

The anti-Christians in this tread are pathetic.

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

awake

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

write out a really dirty story with lots of four letter words and vivid descriptions of bodily functions. include popular and taboo clichés like come on face, anal, punishment, and non consent. Throw in some blasphemy and child sacrifice.

Show it to your parents and tell them there is no way GTA V could corrupt you, you were already exposed.

JOB DONE.

• ryyannrawr likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users