Photo

GTA map

map size sq miles big thousands future gta
5 replies to this topic
killerguy204
  • killerguy204

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by killerguy204, 09 September 2013 - 11:17 PM.

anyone heard of the game "the crew" coming for next gen? its a racing game. And the map is the whole United States, the whole country. covering over thousands of sq miles. what if future gta have maps just as big.

SIRHC13
  • SIRHC13

The One Who Gently Knocks

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Detail > Size

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:44 AM Edited by brian., 10 September 2013 - 04:50 AM.

Detail is greater than size, and variety in gameplay etc - it's no sandbox, and it's just cars as far as I can tell - driving missions and races - but if you watch this video is it indeed a preview of the kinds of things that may become of GTA Online for example, and perhaps GTA maps in the future (as we know the map of GTAO will expand over time, then there's no reason their Single Player content shouldn't contain the same big ass expanding world I suppose)

it's nuts, check it out, here is an image in the background of their site, look at it, it's sick:

http://thecrew-game....home/index.aspx

Watch that background for a moment.

And check this out - it's clearly only showing what they want to show.is done, but look at this, it's pretty insane, to think GTA is going here eventually/right on the verge of that - let alone, for anyone who likes driving games like these, with handling like this and multiplayer, this is truly NexGen for that genre, and going to be a system-seller for the people who want to drive around the entire world.

Bare in mind - we are yet to see the words from a developer or person who made the game "You can drive from one end to the other, unimpeded, no loading", but they DO allude to being able to a couple of times in this vid.

He says things like "we couuuld drive over there, but let's do this instead" - in truth, it is obvious that they'd rather not show unfinished areas :p but the point isn't their development cycles and what stages they are in - but that they do imply that you will be able to drive without loading screens - a big deal in my opinion. It's clearly "what if gta was that big": - you can see what it would "potentially" be like, since it's a little version of USA down there. It is clearly 1/18th the game Rockstar provides gamers in GTA, with a lot more to do than "drive cars or watch others drive cars", but it's cool nonetheless.

BRD now on MS console now the new big capacity of consoles and movies, the already unlimited capacity of PC digital downloads and now also digital in trinity/all platforms, streaming like the type of tech seen in watch dogs, gta of course - this is a huge map, for people who fan this genre, this is their dream come true.

For GTA players, it is the future, a speculative glimpse at what you could easily apply to GTA's future through speculation over the facts we already know about the ideas and drive and thinking behind GTA Online - the things we already know, could be seen here in a "mock up" sense, by ignoring the actual purpose of the vid xD

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

That's insane.
I really can't believe there will be no loading screens though.
Look at the map in the vid and the border lines are very thick, I believe these will be loading areas.
Ofcourse I could be wrong, but I'll only believe it when I see it.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

As a counterpoint, Test Drive Unlimited II also had a massive game world and looked good too, and it was painfully boring at times. I don't care how fast you make a car, driving a long distance to get to another event is dull. Game has some potential though.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

As a counterpoint, Test Drive Unlimited II also had a massive game world and looked good too, and it was painfully boring at times. I don't care how fast you make a car, driving a long distance to get to another event is dull. Game has some potential though.

I'm looking at it as more of a successor to Burnout Paradise. Events everywhere and multiplayer madness to boot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users