Quantcast

» «
Photo

How does the "Just Cause 2" map compare to "The Crew (PS4)

In terms of pure size
6 replies to this topic
DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

I know not a lot of details are out but about The Crew, but I'm wondering how the two maps would stack up against each other side by side. Wonder which is bigger and by how much?

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'm not sure we really know at this point as I dont think they've revealed the full size of the map in Crew. However the real answer is that it doesnt matter, open world games in the past 5 years have showed us that while space can be important, quality over quality is the motto to go with when it comes to open world maps.

Take for example the Citadel in any of the Mass Effect games, I think thats probably a case of quality over quantity gone too far. Every little nook has something or someone to look at or to interact with but the entire place comes off as awfull small. Now its a hard comparison because ME isnt really an open world game as opposed to a game like Crew will be or Fallout 3 or GTA. But I think it illustrates well the concept of quality over quantity that I think is the way to go with open world games, even if they did go abit too far in ME in the sense that its just too small.

I think FUEL is a good comparison, and if it could be the size of FUEL and add more stuff in the world then that would be near perfect imo.

I hope they dont go the way of JC2 because while JC2 was a really fun game, its massive world actually hindered it more than helped it. There was very little to do in the world and short of calling in jets moving around and transportation was long and boring.

That being said, it really doesnt matter at this point as I've played The crew and I think they need to get their vehicule handling and acceleration right or regardless of the world the game wont be terribly interesting.

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:28 PM Edited by DoomsdayFAN, 09 September 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Well, I certainly hope in the future they can make a game with a world as vast as The Crew, or Just Cause 2, or Fuel, but it's as dense and as packed as GTA V. lol, imagine instead of combining RDR, SA, IV to make GTA V, R* made a map that was: Fuel + JC2 + Crew to make GTA VI! 

Mind blown!

Or better yet.... GTA: Daggerfall  :lol: 

Just for the sake of knowing, I'd still like to see a direct comparison of JC2/Fuel/Crew.

killerguy204
  • killerguy204

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

I know not a lot of details are out but about The Crew, but I'm wondering how the two maps would stack up against each other side by side. Wonder which is bigger and by how much?

just cause 2 was around 400 sq miles. the crew I think might be around in the thousands of sq miles. I read it at gamestop.com, that's my source!

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Why did you choose the write the PS4 ? both of those games are on other platforms 

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Why did you choose the write the PS4 ? both of those games are on other platforms 

Yeah. 'Cause you're an Xbox fanboy who can't accept the fact that the PS3 can win the console war.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

The playable area of Just Cause 2 is 1.035 km2, while the size of the game's environment in The Crew is apparently around 5,000 km2 ("if you can see it, you should be able to drive to it."). Do the math.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users