Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think commercial airline planes are flyable?

84 replies to this topic
Miilan2010
  • Miilan2010

CE Owner as of 17th Sept.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

I really hope so... 

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Commercial Airliners are a hassle, that's why flying privately is much better.

Also, the map is not big enough for such a thing to even be controlled by the player...

Knowing GTA drivers and flyers, there will likely be 9/11 reenactments and your horrible flying into every land feature.

Miilan2010
  • Miilan2010

CE Owner as of 17th Sept.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

The map is plenty big enough to fly a commercial jet... Imagine 15 people getting flown over to the mountains in GTA:O and then everyone just spilling out and going to do whatever they want! 17th Sept and the 1st Oct can't come soon enough! :O

LegendOfTheWest
  • LegendOfTheWest

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I hope they are. If not it'll be a huge disappointment. It's what we wanted and if Rockstar hasn't listened I don't think people will be happy.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Also, the map is not big enough for such a thing to even be controlled by the player...

Knowing GTA drivers and flyers, there will likely be 9/11 reenactments and your horrible flying into every land feature.

the map is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big enough for airliners...

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

BTuqRSoCAAI0foU.png

gtav_r98_ex_adc.jpg

721-1280.jpg

I mean after all these screens, do you think we will be able to fly the commercial planes? I don't see a single reason why they wouldn't put it in the game and if its not then its a big disappointment. They spent 5 years and 265 million dollars and don't include one of the most desired aircrafts? That wouldn't make much sense.

You stupid or something? Look at the last screen you posted. It is TREVOR IN THERE!

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Its big enough but whats the point in circling the map to land back at the same Los Santos airport with the 747. May as well pile every player and their car into the back of the freighters and watch them dive out properly. Which is exactly what I see happening. Hercules/antonov (titan/andromada) I think yes.. commercial airliners nope.

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Well, im going to say an easy yes.

1. Why would the cops be chasing after the plane?

2. I actually don't think Rockstar will put a plane at the airport that can't be flyable.

3. That shot with Trevor inside the plane, is infact a 747 commerical airliner.

4. I think, it would be a personal shot in the foot to us fans who have been thinking its 100% flyable for a long time.

So, im saying 100% yes.

the plane being chased is a small jet not a large commercial airliner.........................................................................................................................................

BTuqRSoCAAI0foU.png

Come on now

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

2. I actually don't think Rockstar will put a plane at the airport that can't be flyable.

4. I think, it would be a personal shot in the foot to us fans who have been thinking its 100% flyable for a long time.

So, im saying 100% yes.

the plane being chased is a small jet not a large commercial airliner.........................................................................................................................................

BTuqRSoCAAI0foU.png

Come on now

He meant the 2 police cars behind the shamal lifting off in the most recent screenshots. Even in that one there is a civilian car who the cops are clearly after, The plane landing over them has blown the cop car over.

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Its big enough but whats the point in circling the map to land back at the same Los Santos airport with the 747. May as well pile every player and their car into the back of the freighters and watch them dive out properly. Which is exactly what I see happening. Hercules/antonov (titan/andromada) I think yes.. commercial airliners nope.

So what you are saying that there is two nearly identical planes, but one is not flyable because it has different paintjob and no cargo hull... you are being little bit silly now aren't you. If you still think that... BETS ON THE TABLE BOYS!

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

So, im saying 100% yes.

BTuqRSoCAAI0foU.png

Come on now

He meant the 2 police cars behind the shamal lifting off in the most recent screenshots. Even in that one there is a civilian car who the cops are clearly after, The plane landing over them has blown the cop car over.

I could be wrong but that plane is not landing.Typically, jets don't have their engines at full power for landing. Whatever he meant, this one is being "chased" by the cars just like the shamal

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

So what you are saying that there is two nearly identical planes, but one is not flyable because it has different paintjob and no cargo hull... you are being little bit silly now aren't you. If you still think that... BETS ON THE TABLE BOYS!

Being silly would be thinking a commercial 747 is anything like an antonov freighter or a military hercules.. But I digress, You are clearly more clued in. :)

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

So, im saying 100% yes.

BTuqRSoCAAI0foU.png

Come on now

I could be wrong but that plane is not landing.Typically, jets don't have their engines at full power for landing. Whatever he meant, this one is being "chased" by the cars just like the shamal

Negative mate, wheel smoke from the landing and Spoilers are down that heavy will be rolling to a stop.

z06z33
  • z06z33

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

We can fly a blimp so I'm guessing we can fly airliners! Hell maybe trevor is an Airline Pilot in side missions who knows 5 days and we will know since the second I get the game I'm headed to LSX to fly one of these birds!

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

So, im saying 100% yes.

BTuqRSoCAAI0foU.png

Come on now

Negative mate, wheel smoke from the landing and Spoilers are down that heavy will be rolling to a stop.

Didn't see that...Maybe this is all from 1 mission where Trevor hijacks the plane....

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

We can fly a blimp so I'm guessing we can fly airliners! Hell maybe trevor is an Airline Pilot in side missions who knows 5 days and we will know since the second I get the game I'm headed to LSX to fly one of these birds!

See you there.. While you are requesting clearance for departure I will park my blimp on the runway for a spot of tea. :colgate:

• z06z33 likes this

Jcstodds
  • Jcstodds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

In IV the commercial planes never took off and just taxied on the runway. The fact that there is a commercial plane in the sky would suggest they can be flown. I doubt they would script the planes flying and taking off just as some cheap immersion. 

gtav_r98_ex_adc.jpg

With all the small details they have approached in the game, it would be odd to think R* put in the planes without thinking "We want to fly these!". 

So I am feeling optomistic about this :D

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

So, im saying 100% yes.

BTuqRSoCAAI0foU.png

Come on now

Didn't see that...Maybe this is all from 1 mission where Trevor hijacks the plane....

Mmh I still get the feeling he is in the Andromada but you never know.

With all the small details they have approached in the game, it would be odd to think R* put in the planes without thinking "We want to fly these!". 

So I am feeling optomistic about this :D

Well I hope you are right!

HvR
  • HvR

I AM Jesus

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by HvR, 11 September 2013 - 02:43 PM.

hopefully..

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

The only reason the airliners weren't flyable in IV was due to the map size. It is confirmed that we can fly the C130, so the controls and physics are already there for large, cumbersome aircraft. For the apparently static plane that is shown on the map, this can either be symbolic of planes present at LSX or could be one non-flyable plane that is being serviced or boarded or something. I apologize, I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to aviation BUT it seems highly logical and highlt probable we can commandeer commercial jets.

TheJinrod
  • TheJinrod

Jinnington

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

GTA-5-Shamal-610x343.jpg

You can for a fact fly the Shamal. Sorry if this has already been pointed out :p

luckyshot666
  • luckyshot666

Badfella

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Being silly would be thinking a commercial 747 is anything like an antonov freighter or a military hercules.. But I digress, You are clearly more clued in. :)
Hah, you clearly are not catching my drift. My point is that it would be stupid to have flyable cargo planes but non flyable passenger planes of same size scale... that would mean that you could crash your cargo plane to passenger jet with a huge explosion but passenger jet would be undamaged which would be stupid... and if you could damage these non controllable planes, it would be even more stupid if you could not fly them. Got it?

Xx-ADITYA-xX
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX

Blazing Wolves - Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well, if we can fly blimps, I don't see a reason why we can't fly commercial air liners.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

maybe. I dont think you'll be able to steal any one you want, but there might be one set up for you to steal. 

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

maybe. I dont think you'll be able to steal any one you want, but there might be one set up for you to steal. 

i hope we cant put it in our hangar

sSiL3NZz
  • sSiL3NZz

Hellooo

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

maybe not the largest ones, but the "titan" is pretty large...

'OG' Loc
  • 'OG' Loc

Gangsta!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Also, how cool would it be if you fly a passenger jet, and just let it drop? Get it an emergency exit and parachute out while the passengers are all screaming then watch the plane crash and burn. I just gave myself an erection.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I hope not cause than when the media complains about gta theyll tell everyone how you get a bunch of points for recreating 9/11

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

If we get passenger jets... first thing I will do....
wtc-14_1_small.jpg

You sad 5 year old you know today is 9/11 have some respect
  • Champerss likes this

'OG' Loc
  • 'OG' Loc

Gangsta!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

If we get passenger jets... first thing I will do....
wtc-14_1_small.jpg

You sad 5 year old you know today is 9/11 have some respect

:(

Never forget, and make sure to reenact on GTA5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users