» «
Photo

I judged the protags way too early

17 replies to this topic
Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by XxGuapoBeanxX, 09 September 2013 - 06:12 PM.

So... Idk about any of you, way early back when we all got the news about the three different protags you could play as, I was quick to judge. Right now, my favorite player is Franklin (not because he's black or cause he reminds me of CJ, he just has that LA feel). But as time progressed, and we learned more and more about each protagonist, I started to like them.

Before, I thought Michael would be some old guy you can play as. I thought he would have a heart attack if you made him run to a 24/7 for a slurpee and some chips. He just didn't make me too excited for Gta V as Franklin did.

Trevor, I didn't really have anything bad about Trevor to say is because I've always wanted to play as a psychopath, he looked fun to play as just by looking at him, but then I also didn't feel like it would be a real LA feel playing as him, then we got introduce to Blaine county. That's where I changed my mind, all three protags have their different feels, for different areas of Los Santos and I like how R* implemented that into the game, so good job to R*.

Point of this topic, was anyone else too quick to judge on playing as one of the three characters? If so, after all the new info about each character, do you still feel the same about that character or have you realized you will enjoy to play as him? I for now, like all the characters we have, I got passed the feeling that I'd only try to play as Franklin, and will play as all three and evenly play them just as much as the others, they all seem exciting in their own ways.

Post your thoughts down below, let me know if you still don't like one of the characters or if you were too quick to judge like me but changed your mind as release is getting closer :)

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

I've always been partial to Franklin, but Michael and the psychopathic addict Trevor (who seems likely, over time, to be revealed as the most psychologically complex of the trio) are slowly growing on me. Next Tuesday can't get here too soon.

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

What do you mean by that "LA feel"?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I didn't really like Franklin when he first appeared, but after his trailer I think that his part of the story may be the most intense  :)

• Nasir_Jones likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 09 September 2013 - 06:07 PM.

I didn't like the idea of 3 protags in the beginning. I was totally against it. R* changed my mind after we learnt a little about each of them and can see why R* made the decision to do it. They knew another CJ clone, or that kind of feel was not gonna get it, so we get a gangsta CJ clone, a redneck lunatic, and a yuppie city boy-type. They're trying to please everybody, and we shall see if it worked. I think it will and am looking forward to getting to know each of them and seeing what happens to them. I do feel that a Mexican protag would've made more sense than Franklin.

As far as the "LA feel", to me, it's the rock n rollers, skateboarders and surfers that I think that vibe represents.
  • Nasir_Jones likes this

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by Jameson312, 09 September 2013 - 06:14 PM.

PARAGRAPHS

I hope you aren't taking off of school to play this, you need as much time there as you can get.

• DEV T96 and DaRkL3AD3R like this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

He means Los Santos and CJ feel from San Andreas. 

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

PARAGRAPHS

I hope you aren't taking off of school to play this, you need as much time there as you can get.

Hahahahahaha best post on the forums in months. EASILY.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

If you live in L.A then you will know what I mean, i don't know hot describe it well but ill try my best. Franklin, being a repo man, doesn't make as much money as other people in Los Santos, he's not at the top. He's still close to the bottom, he was a gangster also. Which give him that feel of fitting in with other residence of LS because he isn't some rich guy living in LS, and were talking about the area he's from. I guess you could get different feels from different locations, but the location Franklin is from, is the feel I think everyone gets when they hear L.A.

ClassicChamploo
  • ClassicChamploo

Mugen ∞

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

didnt-read-lol-mythbusters.gif
  • K1NGCLIFTON14 likes this

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Franklin and Michael seem BORING as hell. I've seen enough to make that determination.

Trevor on the other hand could be another John Marston, likeable and interesting.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Franklin and Michael seem BORING as hell. I've seen enough to make that determination.

Trevor on the other hand could be another John Marston, likeable and interesting.

I guess this is why they decided to make the three protagonists, to not disappoint any Gta players like someone above just said. I really think it's gonna work also, I haven't seen one person on these forums say that they don't like the game cause none of the three protags interest them.

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I didn't like the idea of 3 protags in the beginning. I was totally against it. R* changed my mind after we learnt a little about each of them and can see why R* made the decision to do it. They knew another CJ clone, or that kind of feel was not gonna get it, so we get a gangsta CJ clone, a redneck lunatic, and a yuppie city boy-type. They're trying to please everybody, and we shall see if it worked. I think it will and am looking forward to getting to know each of them and seeing what happens to them. I do feel that a Mexican protag would've made more sense than Franklin.

As far as the "LA feel", to me, it's the rock n rollers, skateboarders and surfers that I think that vibe represents.

The aforementioned "Los Angeles feel" can allude to many things; the counter-cultural misfits of Laurel Canyon. The thugs of East/South Los Angeles. The disaffected youth of Orange County. It's multi-faceted, and can't be solely applicable to one sort of resident/cultural movement of the city.

Oneima
  • Oneima

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

I was thinking this today whille playing IV. It almost feels like that ive known these 3 characters for a long time now, like i have known Niko and CJ for example. Its kinda funny that i think that they are "old characters from GTA" without even playing the game yet..

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

John Marston, by design, was a man seeking the path of redemption. Trevor, it would seem, wants no part of that.

K1NGCLIFTON14
  • K1NGCLIFTON14

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

didnt-read-lol-mythbusters.gif

This

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I didn't like the idea of 3 protags in the beginning. I was totally against it. R* changed my mind after we learnt a little about each of them and can see why R* made the decision to do it. They knew another CJ clone, or that kind of feel was not gonna get it, so we get a gangsta CJ clone, a redneck lunatic, and a yuppie city boy-type. They're trying to please everybody, and we shall see if it worked. I think it will and am looking forward to getting to know each of them and seeing what happens to them. I do feel that a Mexican protag would've made more sense than Franklin.As far as the "LA feel", to me, it's the rock n rollers, skateboarders and surfers that I think that vibe represents.

I too thought a Mexican protagonist would've been better than Franklin, I made a topic way back about Mexican protagonists, but eventually got locked due to flaming and spam, it made it pretty big, it had a lot of views and replies. Anyway, I felt the same way, LA has that Mexican culture that you can feel when you go to Mexico, idk why R* didn't do this, but I'm not gonna complain, this coulda easily been made for a Mexican protagonist but I'm sure another Gta will do it.

K1NGCLIFTON14
  • K1NGCLIFTON14

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

I didn't like the idea of 3 protags in the beginning. I was totally against it. R* changed my mind after we learnt a little about each of them and can see why R* made the decision to do it. They knew another CJ clone, or that kind of feel was not gonna get it, so we get a gangsta CJ clone, a redneck lunatic, and a yuppie city boy-type. They're trying to please everybody, and we shall see if it worked. I think it will and am looking forward to getting to know each of them and seeing what happens to them. I do feel that a Mexican protag would've made more sense than Franklin.As far as the "LA feel", to me, it's the rock n rollers, skateboarders and surfers that I think that vibe represents.

I too thought a Mexican protagonist would've been better than Franklin, I made a topic way back about Mexican protagonists, but eventually got locked due to flaming and spam, it made it pretty big, it had a lot of views and replies. Anyway, I felt the same way, LA has that Mexican culture that you can feel when you go to Mexico, idk why R* didn't do this, but I'm not gonna complain, this coulda easily been made for a Mexican protagonist but I'm sure another Gta will do it.

Franklin will do. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users