» «
Photo

GTA 5 tops 100 hours of gameplay

30 replies to this topic
R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by R3AL1Z3, 09 September 2013 - 05:59 PM.

http://www.theguardi...auto-dan-houser

"LA is this embodiment of 20th century American desires: the houses, the gardens, the tans, all slightly fake," Houser says. "It's the end of the western world – the suns sets and then it's tomorrow. But the industry is movies or, equally phoney, real estate. It's people trying to escape their pasts and reinvent themselves. If GTA 4 was a classic New York story, this is the endpoint of the American dream."

• TOWILS likes this

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:08 PM Edited by HoboDealer, 09 September 2013 - 06:09 PM.

"We've got this big open-world experience that's 100 hours long, and that gives players control over what they do, what they see, and how they see it. A world where you can do everything from rob a bank to take a yoga lesson to watch TV."

Holy f*ck, 100 hours is loads! Plus it will be way more than that if you're doing stuff in between

• R3AL1Z3 likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:11 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 09 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.

It will be much more than that for most people.

Most TES or GTA players easily spend hundreds, even over a thousand hours in one game.

I installed Vice City again few months ago and have spent at least 30 hours just this time. Not to mention the first time I got it when I played it for months, a couple of hours every day. And every other time I installed it in the last 10 years.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

"We've got this big open-world experience that's 100 hours long, and that gives players control over what they do, what they see, and how they see it. A world where you can do everything from rob a bank to take a yoga lesson to watch TV."

Holy f*ck, 100 hours is loads! Plus it will be way more than that if you're doing stuff in between

I know, blows my mind to think i will FINALLY have the game in a week.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Main storyline is not 100 hours. Method to calculate actual time is to wait for Rockstar to claim an x hour campaign length and then multiply that number by .6 for 60%, 3/5ths time; a 2/5ths reduction due to developer inflation.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Main storyline is not 100 hours. Method to calculate actual time is to wait for Rockstar to claim an x hour campaign length and then multiply that number by .6 for 60%, 3/5ths time; a 2/5ths reduction due to developer inflation.

If you actually took the time to read the source, you'd notice he stated this was an all encompassing number; side-missions. main story, activities, everything.

Good job trying, though.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

I don't think it will be nowhere near 100 hours to complete the story and all side missions 100%. I will, however, free-roam for more than 100 hours.:cool:

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Depends on the length of the missions. 100 hours is nothing. If you play it in normal speed you need like the double of 100

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

I don't think it will be nowhere near 100 hours to complete the story and all side missions 100%. I will, however, free-roam for more than 100 hours. :cool:

Take the time and read the article man, dont let the huge wall of text scare you away.

Its a good read and explains everything well.

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Considering most of the kids here on this board will be racing through the game without even remembering what it's about, they will get like 40 hours out of it and complain that it is too short.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

I believe it. It took me 48 hours about to 100% RDR. I didn't even spend too much extra time fiddling about, I stayed focused on a purpose throughout. Very few deviations such as playing poker for 5 hours or so.

With the amount of content available in GTA V, I say 100 hours is a very real number to 100% and experience all there is in the single player, sure.

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by mikekolesar, 09 September 2013 - 06:26 PM.

I can't believe GTA V was considered as a TV series. Neat.

• R3AL1Z3 likes this

Restrictive
  • Restrictive

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Lets be logical.

Main story is not 100 Hours.

That 100 hours includes the storyline and whatever you do inbetween and after that,,,

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

Lets be logical.

That 100 hours includes the storyline and whatever you do inbetween and after that,,,

Thank you for pointing that out, its almost as if people just comment without reading anything.

Thats the internet generation for you; they all have the attention span of a goldfish.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

100 hours? That's it?  :lol:

In all seriousness, I'll definitely get more than 100 hours out of it by the time I'm done with it. I'm not like most people here who will be flying through the entire story mode before the online portion launches; I likely won't even be 50% through the story at that time. I'll be taking it very slow, so I'm sure I'll get plenty of playing time out of it.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

100 hours? That's it?  :lol:

In all seriousness, I'll definitely get more than 100 hours out of it by the time I'm done with it. I'm not like most people here who will be flying through the entire story mode before the online portion launches; I likely won't even be 50% through the story at that time. I'll be taking it very slow, so I'm sure I'll get plenty of playing time out of it.

I dont know what some peoples fascination is with speeding through a brand new game. I feel as if you dont get any enjoyment out of a product you paid 60 dollars for.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

GTA 4 topped at 20 hours of gameplay, and with the lack of side activities ...

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

MÂh, l€&undefined;à b f∋†nk.. 100 H›u∋à Àà Ãh›∋€ f›∋ GTA ›∋ †ny Ændb›x g†‡Â ›f €h†€ ‡†gnÀ€udÂ. N›w, I&undefined;‡ n›€ ÆyÀng €h†€ wÂ&undefined;ll fÂÂl Ãh›∋€Âd, †nd À d›n&undefined;€ bÂlÂv w wÀll bu€ À€&undefined;à dÂfÀnÀ€Âly n›€ wh†€ I w†Ã Âx‰ÂÁ€Àng, 100 h›u∋à f†llà Àn lÀn wÀ€h €h &undefined;70&undefined; ‡ÀÃÃÀ›nà nu‡bÂ∋ w wÂ∋ gÀvÂn l†€Â l†Ã€ wÂÂk. ThÀà ‡Àgh€ b €h Ãh›∋€ÂÀ GTA y€, À€ ‡Àgh€ &undefined;FÂÂl&undefined; l›ngÂ∋ €h›ugh (†l† RDR whÀÁh fÂl€ lÀk À€ 200 h›u∋à †ÃÀly, bu€ Àn ∋†lÀ€y w†Ã lÂÃà €h†n 1››).

I †Àn&undefined;€ dÀƉ‰›Àn€Àng €h›ugh, ‡†yb † lÀl l€d›wn, bu€ I&undefined;ll ÀÀll ‰u€ 1000+ h›u∋à Àn€› €h g†‡Â ›vÂ∋ 2 y†∋Ã. 

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Mìh, lìé„undÂfÀnÂdÄí bì f⋅änk.. 100 Hèu⋅í êí íhè⋅é fè⋅ GTA è⋅ äny íändbèx gäåì èf éhäé åägnêéudì. Nèw, I„undÂfÀnÂdÄå nèé íäyêng éhäé wì„undÂfÀnÂdÄll fììl íhè⋅éìd, änd ê dèn„undÂfÀnÂdÄé bìlìvì wì wêll bué êé„undÂfÀnÂdÄí dìfênêéìly nèé whäé I wäí ìxæìëéêng, 100 hèu⋅í fällí ên lênì wêéh éhì „undÂfÀnÂdÄ70„undÂfÀnÂdÄ åêííêèní nuåbì⋅ wì wì⋅ì gêvìn läéì läíé wììk. Thêí åêghé bì éhì íhè⋅éìíé GTA yìé, êé åêghé „undÂfÀnÂdÄFììl„undÂfÀnÂdÄ lèngì⋅ éhèugh (älä RDR whêëh fìlé lêkì êé 200 hèu⋅í ìäíêly, bué ên ⋅ìälêéy wäí lìíí éhän 1èè).

I äên„undÂfÀnÂdÄé dêíäææèênéêng éhèugh, åäybì ä lêl lìédèwn, bué I„undÂfÀnÂdÄll íéêll æué 1000+ hèu⋅í ênéè éhì gäåì èvì⋅ 2 yìä⋅í. 

...  I h†v NO Àd† why ‡y €Âx€ Á†‡Â ›u€ lÀk €h†€.

I ÆÀd €h g†‡Â Àà Ãh›∋€Â∋ €h†n w Âx‰ÂÁ€Âd, bu€ lÀk RDR whÀÁh fÂl€ lÀk 200 h›u∋à †ÃÀly, €hÀà wÀll l†Ã€ uà † g››d †‡›un€ ›f €À‡Â unlÂÃà y›u juÀ Ɇ‡ ‡ÀÃÃÀ›nà whÀÁh Á›nvÂ∋ÃÂly wÀll ‡†k †ny g†‡Â Ç Ãh›∋€.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

MÂh, l€&undefined;à b f∋†nk.. 100 H›u∋à Àà Ãh›∋€ f›∋ GTA ›∋ †ny Ændb›x g†‡Â ›f €h†€ ‡†gnÀ€udÂ. N›w, I&undefined;‡ n›€ ÆyÀng €h†€ wÂ&undefined;ll fÂÂl Ãh›∋€Âd, †nd À d›n&undefined;€ bÂlÂv w wÀll bu€ À€&undefined;à dÂfÀnÀ€Âly n›€ wh†€ I w†Ã Âx‰ÂÁ€Àng, 100 h›u∋à f†llà Àn lÀn wÀ€h €h &undefined;70&undefined; ‡ÀÃÃÀ›nà nu‡bÂ∋ w wÂ∋ gÀvÂn l†€Â l†Ã€ wÂÂk. ThÀà ‡Àgh€ b €h Ãh›∋€ÂÀ GTA y€, À€ ‡Àgh€ &undefined;FÂÂl&undefined; l›ngÂ∋ €h›ugh (†l† RDR whÀÁh fÂl€ lÀk À€ 200 h›u∋à †ÃÀly, bu€ Àn ∋†lÀ€y w†Ã lÂÃà €h†n 1››).

I †Àn&undefined;€ dÀƉ‰›Àn€Àng €h›ugh, ‡†yb † lÀl l€d›wn, bu€ I&undefined;ll ÀÀll ‰u€ 1000+ h›u∋à Àn€› €h g†‡Â ›vÂ∋ 2 y†∋Ã. 

Am I missing something?

Nigerian Keith
  • Nigerian Keith

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

I bet I complete it in about 7 or 8 hours.

I complete 4 with 100% in 10 hours and completed every single mission on skyrim in about 15 hours.

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I ÆÀd €h g†‡Â Àà Ãh›∋€Â∋ €h†n w Âx‰ÂÁ€Âd, bu€ lÀk RDR whÀÁh fÂl€ lÀk 200 h›u∋à †ÃÀly, €hÀà wÀll l†Ã€ uà † g››d †‡›un€ ›f €À‡Â unlÂÃà y›u juÀ Ɇ‡ ‡ÀÃÃÀ›nà whÀÁh Á›nvÂ∋ÃÂly wÀll ‡†k †ny g†‡Â Ç Ãh›∋€.

Mìh, lìé„undÂfÀnÂdÄí bì f⋅änk.. 100 Hèu⋅í êí íhè⋅é fè⋅ GTA è⋅ äny íändbèx gäåì èf éhäé åägnêéudì. Nèw, I„undÂfÀnÂdÄå nèé íäyêng éhäé wì„undÂfÀnÂdÄll fììl íhè⋅éìd, änd ê dèn„undÂfÀnÂdÄé bìlìvì wì wêll bué êé„undÂfÀnÂdÄí dìfênêéìly nèé whäé I wäí ìxæìëéêng, 100 hèu⋅í fällí ên lênì wêéh éhì „undÂfÀnÂdÄ70„undÂfÀnÂdÄ åêííêèní nuåbì⋅ wì wì⋅ì gêvìn läéì läíé wììk. Thêí åêghé bì éhì íhè⋅éìíé GTA yìé, êé åêghé „undÂfÀnÂdÄFììl„undÂfÀnÂdÄ lèngì⋅ éhèugh (älä RDR whêëh fìlé lêkì êé 200 hèu⋅í ìäíêly, bué ên ⋅ìälêéy wäí lìíí éhän 1èè).

I äên„undÂfÀnÂdÄé dêíäææèênéêng éhèugh, åäybì ä lêl lìédèwn, bué I„undÂfÀnÂdÄll íéêll æué 1000+ hèu⋅í ênéè éhì gäåì èvì⋅ 2 yìä⋅í. 

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

htp1y.jpg

M&undefined;h, l&undefined;&undefined;ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ&undefined; b&undefined; fðϒnk.. 100 H&undefined;uð&undefined; &undefined;&undefined; &undefined;h&undefined;ð&undefined; f&undefined;ð GTA &undefined;ð ϒny &undefined;ϒndb&undefined;x gϒϖ&undefined; &undefined;f &undefined;hϒ&undefined; ϖϒgn&undefined;&undefined;ud&undefined;. N&undefined;w, IΙundΣfΠnΣdΥϖ n&undefined;&undefined; &undefined;ϒy&undefined;ng &undefined;hϒ&undefined; w&undefined;ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥll f&undefined;&undefined;l &undefined;h&undefined;ð&undefined;&undefined;d, ϒnd &undefined; d&undefined;nΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ&undefined; b&undefined;l&undefined;v&undefined; w&undefined; w&undefined;ll bu&undefined; &undefined;&undefined;ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ&undefined; d&undefined;f&undefined;n&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;ly n&undefined;&undefined; whϒ&undefined; I wϒ&undefined; &undefined;x'&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;ng, 100 h&undefined;uð&undefined; fϒll&undefined; &undefined;n l&undefined;n&undefined; w&undefined;&undefined;h &undefined;h&undefined; ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ70ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ ϖ&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;n&undefined; nuϖb&undefined;ð w&undefined; w&undefined;ð&undefined; g&undefined;v&undefined;n lϒ&undefined;&undefined; lϒ&undefined;&undefined; w&undefined;&undefined;k. Th&undefined;&undefined; ϖ&undefined;gh&undefined; b&undefined; &undefined;h&undefined; &undefined;h&undefined;ð&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined; GTA y&undefined;&undefined;, &undefined;&undefined; ϖ&undefined;gh&undefined; ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥF&undefined;&undefined;lΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ l&undefined;ng&undefined;ð &undefined;h&undefined;ugh (ϒlϒ RDR wh&undefined;&undefined;h f&undefined;l&undefined; l&undefined;k&undefined; &undefined;&undefined; 200 h&undefined;uð&undefined; &undefined;ϒ&undefined;&undefined;ly, bu&undefined; &undefined;n ð&undefined;ϒl&undefined;&undefined;y wϒ&undefined; l&undefined;&undefined;&undefined; &undefined;hϒn 1&undefined;&undefined;).

I ϒ&undefined;nΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ&undefined; d&undefined;&undefined;ϒ''&undefined;&undefined;n&undefined;&undefined;ng &undefined;h&undefined;ugh, ϖϒyb&undefined; ϒ l&undefined;l l&undefined;&undefined;d&undefined;wn, bu&undefined; IΙundΣfΠnΣdΥll &undefined;&undefined;&undefined;ll 'u&undefined; 1000+ h&undefined;uð&undefined; &undefined;n&undefined;&undefined; &undefined;h&undefined; gϒϖ&undefined; &undefined;v&undefined;ð 2 y&undefined;ϒð&undefined;. 

AΛ I ΛΠΤΤΠng ΤΞΛΣΟhΠng?

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by jlamay, 09 September 2013 - 07:12 PM.

It's a big wonder HBO didn't make an actual TV series out of GTA! :/

100 hours of game play...I'll be up all night!! :lol:

Tzatziki
  • Tzatziki

House Chef

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Considering most of the kids here on this board will be racing through the game without even remembering what it's about, they will get like 40 hours out of it and complain that it is too short.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....so real.......I love that quote.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

i've clocked in over 1200 hours with IV... this is with gameplay, side missions, normal f*cking about, starting riots, getting 20 bodyguards and fight against cops [native trainer], car mods, ped mods.....

most of it is due to mods to the game on pc. ... and thank god for the native trainer.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

htp1y.jpg

M&undefined;h, l&undefined;&undefined;ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ&undefined; b&undefined; fðϒnk.. 100 H&undefined;uð&undefined; &undefined;&undefined; &undefined;h&undefined;ð&undefined; f&undefined;ð GTA &undefined;ð ϒny &undefined;ϒndb&undefined;x gϒϖ&undefined; &undefined;f &undefined;hϒ&undefined; ϖϒgn&undefined;&undefined;ud&undefined;. N&undefined;w, IΙundΣfΠnΣdΥϖ n&undefined;&undefined; &undefined;ϒy&undefined;ng &undefined;hϒ&undefined; w&undefined;ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥll f&undefined;&undefined;l &undefined;h&undefined;ð&undefined;&undefined;d, ϒnd &undefined; d&undefined;nΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ&undefined; b&undefined;l&undefined;v&undefined; w&undefined; w&undefined;ll bu&undefined; &undefined;&undefined;ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ&undefined; d&undefined;f&undefined;n&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;ly n&undefined;&undefined; whϒ&undefined; I wϒ&undefined; &undefined;x'&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;ng, 100 h&undefined;uð&undefined; fϒll&undefined; &undefined;n l&undefined;n&undefined; w&undefined;&undefined;h &undefined;h&undefined; ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ70ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ ϖ&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;n&undefined; nuϖb&undefined;ð w&undefined; w&undefined;ð&undefined; g&undefined;v&undefined;n lϒ&undefined;&undefined; lϒ&undefined;&undefined; w&undefined;&undefined;k. Th&undefined;&undefined; ϖ&undefined;gh&undefined; b&undefined; &undefined;h&undefined; &undefined;h&undefined;ð&undefined;&undefined;&undefined;&undefined; GTA y&undefined;&undefined;, &undefined;&undefined; ϖ&undefined;gh&undefined; ΙundΣfΠnΣdΥF&undefined;&undefined;lΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ l&undefined;ng&undefined;ð &undefined;h&undefined;ugh (ϒlϒ RDR wh&undefined;&undefined;h f&undefined;l&undefined; l&undefined;k&undefined; &undefined;&undefined; 200 h&undefined;uð&undefined; &undefined;ϒ&undefined;&undefined;ly, bu&undefined; &undefined;n ð&undefined;ϒl&undefined;&undefined;y wϒ&undefined; l&undefined;&undefined;&undefined; &undefined;hϒn 1&undefined;&undefined;).

I ϒ&undefined;nΙundΣfΠnΣdΥ&undefined; d&undefined;&undefined;ϒ''&undefined;&undefined;n&undefined;&undefined;ng &undefined;h&undefined;ugh, ϖϒyb&undefined; ϒ l&undefined;l l&undefined;&undefined;d&undefined;wn, bu&undefined; IΙundΣfΠnΣdΥll &undefined;&undefined;&undefined;ll 'u&undefined; 1000+ h&undefined;uð&undefined; &undefined;n&undefined;&undefined; &undefined;h&undefined; gϒϖ&undefined; &undefined;v&undefined;ð 2 y&undefined;ϒð&undefined;. 

AΛ I ΛΠΤΤΠng ΤΞΛΣΟhΠng?

Dude that is weird. But yea, I understand completely.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

I've got 650 hours in battlefield 3.

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Lets be logical.

Thank you for pointing that out, its almost as if people just comment without reading anything.

Thats the internet generation for you; they all have the attention span of a goldfish.

I hope that wasn't directed at me dude, because I certainly didn't imply that the 100 hours was pure storyline. f*ck, of course those hours includes side missions and mini-games etc; I thought that went without saying...

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Lets be logical.

I hope that wasn't directed at me dude, because I certainly didn't imply that the 100 hours was pure storyline. f*ck, of course those hours includes side missions and mini-games etc; I thought that went without saying...

It wasnt directed toward you. More so for anyone else that didnt bother to read the article before commenting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users