Photo

Dan Houser about no female Protagonists - OXM

165 replies to this topic
LobsterGiraffe
  • LobsterGiraffe

A Genie Gangster

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

God people it's his game, his characters, his story. He doesn't want female characters. Oh well! Too bad! Go complain somewhere else, because I'm pretty sure no one here wants to deal with this bs.

dragonisinogard
  • dragonisinogard

Dragonisinogard

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

If you want female characters their is this nifty little game came out last month you can play as a female. It's called Saints Row 4 in fact their is four of them and in everyone of them you can play as a female now shut up and go play it.

• LobsterGiraffe likes this

Pieface
  • Pieface

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

I don't see how this is any different than my cats and GTA V thread, humans aren't any better than cats, ALRIGHT? D:

dragonisinogard
  • dragonisinogard

Dragonisinogard

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

HELL NO CATS FOREVER I have way too many cats lets just say I need to keep food in this house or else they will find me with no face

Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Not being sexist or anything, but GTA V isn't really known for female characters. Having a female protagonist would be very strange and would ruin the story in my opinion. It would be like Saints Row...

Pieface
  • Pieface

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

HELL NO CATS FOREVER I have way too many cats lets just say I need to keep food in this house or else they will find me with no face

Yeah, it got deleted. Apparently, driving half of the forumers mad is fine by the mods but trying to make something cute and cuddly and trying to cool everyone down with it disturbs them, somehow.

dragonisinogard
  • dragonisinogard

Dragonisinogard

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

LOL thats funny I wonder how come we have to have a dog and not a cat as a follower.

Chad Warden
  • Chad Warden

goes by many different names

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:11 PM Edited by dragon_goran_mijo, 16 September 2013 - 01:11 PM.

People saying a female protagonist can't work are the same people who can't comprehend Dr. Seuss.

GTAfanDAIichi
  • GTAfanDAIichi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

The world of GTA is so wonderful because it allows us to live vicariously through the characters in an open world, sandbox environment. In the unlikely event that Rockstar inserted a female protagonist into one of the future games, it would feel unnatural and a polictically correct move, which is the very antithesis of the GTA world.

Simply put, I'm a guy and I relate to men better, within the confines of a violent open world sim consiting of carjacking, armed robberies, brawling, shooting, drug dealing and strippers. If you put a female lead in, it ruins the entire dynamic. I'm not saying it would be wrong to have a woman driving around breaking sh*t, but once you get into the story and character interactions, it just wouldn't make sense anymore. And no, I'm not interesting in a 30 hour story about a woman trying to prove herself in a man's world. There's a reason I don't have a subscription to Lifetime or Oprah maganize.

Organized crime is simply not a woman's world, end of story. How much fun would the Sopranos have been if the cast was replaced with the women from Sex and the City? Bottom line, Rockstar understands this and would never do it. They have a wonderful team of artistic talent that understands such fundamental character dynamics and that's why their games are so damn good.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

I think this is ridiculous, what's the problem of a female protagonist? Someone like Asuka Kasen? I just don't get it :bbq:

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

Threads like this are why I don't go on this forum that often.

The vast majority of the users on this site are misogynistic virgins who have no clue what the hell they're talking about and are so terrified of women and vaginas that they freak out at the mere mention of them.

Also wow what Dan said was goddamn stupid. Looks like even great people can say utterly insipid things sometimes.

I completely agree with you!! Funny thing is that my favorite GTA, GTA III, had women in important roles like Catalina Vialpando (main antagonist) and Asuka Kasen... It seems things have regressed!

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Threads like this are why I don't go on this forum that often.

The vast majority of the users on this site are misogynistic virgins who have no clue what the hell they're talking about and are so terrified of women and vaginas that they freak out at the mere mention of them.

Also wow what Dan said was goddamn stupid. Looks like even great people can say utterly insipid things sometimes.

I completely agree with you!! Funny thing is that my favorite GTA, GTA III, had women in important roles like Catalina Vialpando (main antagonist) and Asuka Kasen... It seems things have regressed!

lmao, that is true.  well i believe it's cuz a lot of the posters in here are around 13-15 yrs of age, unfortunately.  and from what i've played of v so far, every woman has been hysterical, which only makes things worse for rockstar's case.  

it'll be interesting to see what other critics start popping up.  rockstar put themselves in this position to start being criticized.  this is not out of context like the "kill hatians" thing.  

CorporalBean675
  • CorporalBean675

Icaras

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

To be fair, most of the people who would enjoy a female protag would be straight males who like watching her ass animations. Most of the women wanting a female protag probably don't play games to begin with.

Still though, it wouldn't hurt to have one in a future entry.

I'd say you got it on the dot. About the ass animations and whatnot that is, lol.

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Female protagonist? What's next Male Prostitutes?!

Bomberlegend
  • Bomberlegend

Seeing through the bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

They only way a female protag would work would be in the system we have now, with three main protags. 

But, personally, I wouldn't want one. Doesn't fit.

occono
  • occono

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:49 AM Edited by occono, 19 September 2013 - 04:54 AM.

I'm f*cking sick and tired of this feminist agenda.

You women want a lead character in a GTA so badly? Enjoy when she's a post op tranny, since ya know those are women too apparently. Sick f*cks.

Sick f*cks, to want to play as a female character?

Calm yourself down, go sit on the naughty step and think about what you've done. 

Actually he's talking about how much he hates Transexuals and likes bringing it up.

If Rockstar thinks they can safely invest in a female character and Houser wants to do it and has ideas, it'll happen. Or it won't. These aren't games, as much as I love them, that are going to be diversifying gaming protagonists. It has its audience and its marketing sown up. It is going to refine and improve upon a certain formula, a very trustable one. 

Then again just the title "TBOGT" surprised me so they do clearly like to take dares.......

As for whether I want one, eh, sure. Orange Is The New Black has some great female criminal stories. Could get some inspiration there.

Thankfully Saints Row is all about options. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users