Photo

Question about Map in Special Edition and Regular

14 replies to this topic
ItsNavin
  • ItsNavin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hey there, I planned on buying GTA Special Edition a long time ago and pre ordering it but I just had a few questions. The only reason I wanted to buy the special edition was because of the blueprint map it came with, but with all of the people saying "SHOW THE MAP PLEASE" in apparent leaks with the game it makes me wonder, does the regular edition come with a map too or something making it obsolete for me to get the special edition? Also, is it possible to buy a special edition in store or must you pre order online only? Thanks! :D

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

The regular and special edition maps are different, and the special edition is sold out for ps3.....

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

The regular edition comes with a regular map. The blueprint has more details.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by spamtackey, 09 September 2013 - 05:32 PM.

I'm fairly sure the regular edition comes with a normal map while the special edition comes with a blueprint map with extra details and such. As for buying the special edition, I asked my local gamestore and they weren't selling it so I pre-ordered online. Gamestop might have it though. 

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

The blueprint map shows more icons on the map (like real Estste opportunities etc)

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Special edition for ps3 is sold out at gamestop...not 100% sure about other places....i wanted to clarify

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

The SE is most likely going to have both the blueprint map AND the standard map.

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

The SE is most likely going to have both the blueprint map AND the standard map.

yes, special should still have regular map inside the gamecase....i think so anyway

ItsNavin
  • ItsNavin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Ah, alright thanks a lot guys! Dang... I really want the blueprint map, I mean it'd be so convenient xD (xbox) but I guess I would need to pre order then... if it isn't too late o.O

rockstargamer4life
  • rockstargamer4life

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Ah, alright thanks a lot guys! Dang... I really want the blueprint map, I mean it'd be so convenient xD (xbox) but I guess I would need to pre order then... if it isn't too late o.O

id be getting on a phone or website or in a car right now if i were you.......times running out

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

I was having the same thought. I was under the impression the standard edition wasn't going to have any case at all. I would have just printed my own map from a high-res copy online, and might do that for the blueprint map.

After the game is released, if you can locate a map through Google Images that's maybe 2500x2500 or so, you can use an online tool called 'picslice' to cut the image into four pieces. Print each one, and tape/glue them back together.

it won't be pixel-perfect detail, but if you can locate a map image even larger, you can always go to Kinko's (now FedEx) and have a poster made up, for around $30 or $40.

I used a laserjet printer on this San Andreas map below, with 6 sheets of paper. It turned out quite well, and I intend to do the same with the other maps :)

1-2s7NScs4mCsHR2W.jpg

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by QuietSundayLibrary, 09 September 2013 - 05:59 PM.

1-2s7NScs4mCsHR2W.jpg

Terrific job! I certainly hope that someone posts the "Special Edition" map, as I'm no longer able to accrue a copy, and I was voraciously looking forward to the map.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

^^That's pretty cool. 

7csc
  • 7csc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

I was having the same thought. I was under the impression the standard edition wasn't going to have any case at all. I would have just printed my own map from a high-res copy online, and might do that for the blueprint map.

After the game is released, if you can locate a map through Google Images that's maybe 2500x2500 or so, you can use an online tool called 'picslice' to cut the image into four pieces. Print each one, and tape/glue them back together.

it won't be pixel-perfect detail, but if you can locate a map image even larger, you can always go to Kinko's (now FedEx) and have a poster made up, for around $30 or $40.

I used a laserjet printer on this San Andreas map below, with 6 sheets of paper. It turned out quite well, and I intend to do the same with the other maps :)

1-2s7NScs4mCsHR2W.jpg

WOW ! that is some nice map ! Well done !

ItsNavin
  • ItsNavin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

id be getting on a phone or website or in a car right now if i were you.......times running out

Haha yeah, I know I need to do that.

1-2s7NScs4mCsHR2W.jpg

And by golly, that is very impressive and a great idea! Thanks for the picture and explanation man, appreciated! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users