Quantcast

» «
Photo

So no more circle when you are wanted, right?

48 replies to this topic
cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by cuoreviola89, 09 September 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Hope police will keep staying in contact with their radios also when you'll be far from them. Since now there's not a big circle to run off anymore, the mechanics will be necessarily completely different.

Probably the more wanted stars you have, the more time they'll look for you all around. Otherwise it'd be too easy to escape hiding in a sidestreet after you got far enough from them..let them go..bye. This could be ok when you have 1 or 2 stars, but from 3 to 5 even after 5 minutes you have run away, if a random police guy spots you, you should get the stars back.

PS: This time there is also the "noise" factor to influence a lot the "research by foot" parts when you get stuck in a blind alley and they know you are there hidden somewhere! Maybe we can pick up some random object and throw it far to distract them and run when unseen (like in The Last of Us).

Can't wait to check how all this will work!  :colgate:

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

It seemed like in IV that everytime I was about to get out of the circle another cop would spawn right in front of me. This new line of sight system sounds awesome.

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

I just watched the online gameplay trailer (http://youtu.com/olEGtoYs_8A) again and looked at the small segments where they were being pursued (1:02 & 1:16)... It just makes no sense from those bits... The whole area is flashing on the HUD map and I see neither cones or circles?

Anyone thoughts?

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

it was also said that peds who spot you when youre wanted will try 2 snap pics of you on their phone & call police.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

From what it sounds, there is a line-of-sight rather than a circle. 

Dont know if has actually been confirmed by R* but ideally thats the way it would work.

I want to be able to hide from police this time.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

IV had a line of sight too. I've hid behind small walls and in alley ways behind dumpsters, and the police would drive right past me when the star(s) were faded. Not sure why everyone is going crazy over this.. The cone vision thing seems cool though

That's not how GTA 4 worked, pal.
Oh, okay. I must have a magical copy of GTA IV that allows me to hide from the police when the wanted stars fade. I've done it plenty of times.

Savagemessiah
  • Savagemessiah

Leader Of The Rats

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Well you can actually hide from the police in IV, I always do it when I want to mess with them. However, hiding doesn't mean that they will go away. I was hiding in one of those small buildings on construction sites, and the cops couldn't find me, but they walked around for hours looking fo me ( I took pauses, turning on the tv for a few hours and when I got back to the game they were still looking for me)

It would be great if we could actually hide and loose them after a while and I really hope stealth work alot better in this game, letting you sit in some bushes with a supressed m9, taking out the cops, one by one  :karmaeater:

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

IV had a line of sight too. I've hid behind small walls and in alley ways behind dumpsters, and the police would drive right past me when the star(s) were faded. Not sure why everyone is going crazy over this.. The cone vision thing seems cool though

Oh, okay. I must have a magical copy of GTA IV that allows me to hide from the police when the wanted stars fade. I've done it plenty of times.

because now it appears if you aren't in the line of sight, your wanted level will disappear after a certain amount of time, whereas in IV you had to escape the circle before your wanted level would disappear. 

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I wonder if cops will follow you into the woods. I mean its pitch black out there. With wild animals and all. Real risky. Kinda cool thinking about it.

cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

I just watched the online gameplay trailer (http://youtu.com/olEGtoYs_8A) again and looked at the small segments where they were being pursued (1:02 & 1:16)... It just makes no sense from those bits... The whole area is flashing on the HUD map and I see neither cones or circles?

Anyone thoughts?

Probabily there's not sight cones because they've already spotted him and they're chasing him from a very small distance. Maybe the sight thing is active when the actually can't find you, or when you're far enough to be able to hide succesfully

ed84
  • ed84

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

The police wont have those magic powers but remember that this time actual residents will be abale to call the police if you are doing something and they can take cell pictures. As long as you are not commiting crimes as you are getting away, so people aren't calling the police, I think you would be fine.

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

because now it appears if you aren't in the line of sight, your wanted level will disappear after a certain amount of time, whereas in IV you had to escape the circle before your wanted level would disappear. 

Sorry, this is what I meant. 

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

So i am replaying some of Niko's missions where you have to check out three vans, and one contains televisions. I stole the van and shot those dudes up, making the cops angry at me. It took annoyingly long to get out of that circle on the map, and when i finally did...good lord..one freaking cop car came to close and spotted me. Very frustrating. In V it will be all about that line of sight system, right? So if i am being chased, but i go into an alley by foot or in-car and their 'cone' didn't see me go there, my wanted star will soon just vanish again?

Dude, i just did the same mission and thought the same thing.

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

why did you not just use lose wanted level cheat ? 

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I wonder if cops will follow you into the woods. I mean its pitch black out there. With wild animals and all. Real risky. Kinda cool thinking about it.

You just gave me the greatest idea ever once this game comes out.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

It is MUCH better this time around. It has been confirmed multiple times all over the net from different sources that the police each have their own Metal Gear Solid cone of vision. If you are in this cone of vision they will detect you, but you can still break line of sight and hide behind buildings etc.

Significantly improved from GTA IV's retarded circle. Which, was a significant improvement over 3D era GTAs not even telling you how to evade cops.

c

Can you post link of mgs style please?

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by Ragtop, 09 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.

You just gave me the greatest idea ever once this game comes out.

Awwww yeah!  

726.gif

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

However annoying GTA IV was for cops, it was always better than the other ones where anything past a 2 star level is impossible to get rid of without hitting the pay n spray or wanted stars.

So...
  • So...

Oooh, that's a bingo!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

And that they will be using flashlights. So you'll see those beams of light looking for you. Kinda creepy too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users