Quantcast

» «
Photo

So no more circle when you are wanted, right?

48 replies to this topic
MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

So i am replaying some of Niko's missions where you have to check out three vans, and one contains televisions. I stole the van and shot those dudes up, making the cops angry at me. It took annoyingly long to get out of that circle on the map, and when i finally did...good lord..one freaking cop car came to close and spotted me. Very frustrating. In V it will be all about that line of sight system, right? So if i am being chased, but i go into an alley by foot or in-car and their 'cone' didn't see me go there, my wanted star will soon just vanish again?

dantheman9856
  • dantheman9856

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

i think i heard they all had individual circles.  Each cop car and each on foot cop. so running from the police may be a bit of a challenge this time.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by r0eladn, 09 September 2013 - 03:37 PM.

I think its not clear at this moment. (since we never saw the cone in any video) Maybe the cone system is replaced by each cop/cop car having their own wanted circle.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

from what i understand its harder this time round.

The Zodiac ~
  • The Zodiac ~

This is the Zodiac speaking.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Let's hope it is way harder than in GTA IV, it was way too easy to get away.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't mind if it's harder, but keep it realistic. The line of sigh system sounded awesome, I will be a sad panda if that was taken out.

• Sunseeker likes this

carlosvillarreal
  • carlosvillarreal

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

they change the sigh system ? :c

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

The new AI makes each cop have its own circle to find you. Also they have to physically see you to go after you.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

The new AI makes each cop have its own circle to find you. Also they have to physically see you to go after you.

Ok, but it sound like that cone vision is not in the game after all? Guess we'll have to wait and see. Still good though, sounds like we can truly hide behind a building and that they wont find us. Hopefully after a while they will just give up. Like in the MGS games.

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Pretty sure they have a cone of vision, not a circle at all.. but peripheral vision in front of their car I believe.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Ok, but it sound like that cone vision is not in the game after all? Guess we'll have to wait and see. Still good though, sounds like we can truly hide behind a building and that they wont find us. Hopefully after a while they will just give up. Like in the MGS games.

I think every cop and every cop car will have its own separate cone vision instead of one big cirlce. This way, its harder to avoid cops I think. But they also added the hiding thing. 

Cop chases will be fun.

KingTeavis
  • KingTeavis

Finkle is Einhorn?

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

I don't mind if it's harder, but keep it realistic. The line of sigh system sounded awesome, I will be a sad panda if that was taken out.

exactly.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

It is MUCH better this time around. It has been confirmed multiple times all over the net from different sources that the police each have their own Metal Gear Solid cone of vision. If you are in this cone of vision they will detect you, but you can still break line of sight and hide behind buildings etc.

Significantly improved from GTA IV's retarded circle. Which, was a significant improvement over 3D era GTAs not even telling you how to evade cops.

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

It's harder with a line of sight/Cone of vision system but it means you can actually run down an alley if they didn't spot you n let them run past lol 

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

There are surveillance cameras another addition if it gets a part of identity of crime at sight, in that case, cops can chase you on foot and search surrounded area, also dogs need no vision if they are a part of cops this time ( highly possible )

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

There are surveillance cameras another addition if it gets a part of identity of crime at sight, in that case, cops can chase you on foot and search surrounded area, also dogs need no vision if they are a part of cops this time ( highly possible )

Ew. I completely forgot about the police dog possibility. With multiple breeds of dogs confirmed, the odds of police having a K9 unit are very likely. And I imagine this is the counter system R* built to balance how much easier it will be to evade police now that you can hide within close proximity to them. Damn. I love it :) only thing I'm not looking forward to is killing dogs :(

• Wolfe19 likes this

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

What I'm loving is that unlike GTA IV.... Policemen won't magically know where you are...
  • Fisha695 and Omnifarious like this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Im fine with this!

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

cone of vision is in

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Throw the ball to distract the K9 units into traffic! (JK I love dogs... I'd throw it in a field..)

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

IVs system, while good, wasn't great, it could be too easy to escape by driving in a straight line.

I hope the issue is fixed here and it sounds good that each individual police unit will have a search radius of sorts.

Odinox
  • Odinox

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

My opinion is..
they probably have a cone when not being wanted.
but when youre wanted. its a cone with an individual circle per cop.

i hope i can snipe the f*ck out of someone from really far in the woods. and not have know EXACTLY where im at..

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

What I'm loving is that unlike GTA IV.... Policemen won't magically know where you are...

I hope not. Something tells me they still have those magic powers.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

It is MUCH better this time around. It has been confirmed multiple times all over the net from different sources that the police each have their own Metal Gear Solid cone of vision. If you are in this cone of vision they will detect you, but you can still break line of sight and hide behind buildings etc.

Significantly improved from GTA IV's retarded circle. Which, was a significant improvement over 3D era GTAs not even telling you how to evade cops.

Fantastic then, cause i love that in the MGS games. So it will be harder to get away from cops, but at the same time easier , because you can actually hide. And if that means they eventually give up when hiding that would be awesome.

It's harder with a line of sight/Cone of vision system but it means you can actually run down an alley if they didn't spot you n let them run past lol 

Yep. I believe Mafia 2 already had a similar system, didn't it? Too bad i didnt enjoy the game too much aside from that.

K9 units would be ace, i would love that to be in the game. I bet this could also mean that they can sniff you out...meaning your hiding place is only good for so long, lol.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Those who love dogs will soon regret their presence, once games out..
Lol

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

IV had a line of sight too. I've hid behind small walls and in alley ways behind dumpsters, and the police would drive right past me when the star(s) were faded. Not sure why everyone is going crazy over this.. The cone vision thing seems cool though

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

The only thing that was stupid in IV were cop cars spawning when you were speeding away, and you could see driving backwards into the wall on the other lane.

That was seriously annoying. Spawing cops infront of where you would go. That way you could never escape..

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I hope not. Something tells me they still have those magic powers.

I'm afraid of this too.  Firing a gun once in a dark back alley in the heart of the city should not get you an instant "Wanted" status.

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

IV had a line of sight too. I've hid behind small walls and in alley ways behind dumpsters, and the police would drive right past me when the star(s) were faded. Not sure why everyone is going crazy over this.. The cone vision thing seems cool though

That's not how GTA 4 worked, pal.

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

I just watched the online gameplay trailer (http://youtu.com/olEGtoYs_8A) again and looked at the small segments where they were being pursued (1:02 & 1:16)... It just makes no sense from those bits... The whole area is flashing on the HUD map and I see neither cones or circles?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users