Photo

How do people get the game early?

33 replies to this topic
The Chief Of Essex
  • The Chief Of Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

People keep saying that you can get the game early? how? In England we don't have stores that sell GTA apart from the big ones like, game,asda,tesco etc..

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

:facedesk:

Remedy_NyC
  • Remedy_NyC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

torrent, mom and pop store, stores like 7/11 or supermarket who sell early on accident, or break in and steal it

• frenzypsycho likes this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Retailers sell it early. Unless you're an imbecile and steal from a shipping company.

Pungabi
  • Pungabi

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

It's called connections.
  • Jenia likes this

The Chief Of Essex
  • The Chief Of Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I don't need the game early, but i'm just wondering how they get it early

schuy
  • schuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

You can't, brotha. Most people are hoping that preordering online will give them a roll of the dice to hopefully have the game shipped to them one to two days earlier than release date. That or they're hoping they can get their local store to break the sale date. However, that second option doesn't seem to be viable as I believe I've read that Rockstar isn't shipping the game until a few days before sales date to prevent this from happening.

Senor Salami
  • Senor Salami

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by Senor Salami, 09 September 2013 - 03:02 PM.

I think some places that you order from send it a day or two early depending on who you order from.  Usually it comes out the day of release, but things happen, you know?

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Just steal it.

The Chief Of Essex
  • The Chief Of Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yeah but I assume you live in foreign countries or America? I imagine the stores are more lenient? In england we don't have stores that sell GTA apart from the big shops, but they will never sell it early

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

You need to wake up early if you want the game early, or you need to stay up a little longer to go to a nightlaunch

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by Blizzards, 09 September 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Some people are friends or have relations who work in a game store or warehouse who receive stock just before release and are able to get a copy early without the boss knowing.

Also some people are just lucky and have them arrive early in the post if they are dispatched before Monday.

CaptainChronicV
  • CaptainChronicV

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by CaptainChronicV, 09 September 2013 - 03:13 PM.

In England we don't have stores that sell GTA apart from the big ones like, game,asda,tesco etc..

What where the hell do you live, there's a shop near me that sell games early hopefully il get it on the friday 13th I will post a pic to prove it,
Just look around your nearest town or city Center for small independent retailers many do it to compete against the major shops like GAME

Lol didn't pay attention to your name surely they have small retailers in Essex

adam_thedon
  • adam_thedon

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

it's called piracy. i live in england and will be getting this game this week no doubt.

thankyou piracy

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Are you good at deep throat?

I'm sure there's someone in the land of the queen that'll trade gta for a good tickle of you tonsils ;)

MRinBlack
  • MRinBlack

Couldnt give a f*ck

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

it's called piracy. i live in england and will be getting this game this week no doubt.

thankyou piracy

it should of been there by now though hopefully tomorrow though or wednesday 

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Looks like ALOT of people will be playing V by Friday. This weekend will be torture... avoiding spoilers and all. 

adam_thedon
  • adam_thedon

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

thankyou piracy

i've noticed in the last few months, it's usually 3/4 days before release and usually on a friday they get uploaded. obviously i'm hoping for tomorrow lol. or even today. but doubt it

kjimboo
  • kjimboo

LoadedLux

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

I live in New York City and it's very easy just to go to your local Mom & Pop store and buy it early, it all depends if they have the shipment or not

The Chief Of Essex
  • The Chief Of Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by The Chief Of Essex, 09 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

I live in like a small town. The closest to me are shops that are centred in huge shopping centres.. I doubt they will sell early there. The closest game shop to me is a blockbusters, but i owe them £45 so I doubt I'd even get to the negotiation table....

What shop in england are you getting it from?

CaptainChronicV
  • CaptainChronicV

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by CaptainChronicV, 09 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

I live in like a small town. The closest to me are shops that are centred in huge shopping centres.. I doubt they will sell early there. The closest game shop to me is a blockbusters, but i owe them £45 so I doubt I'd even get to the negotiation table....
What shop in england are you getting it from?

It would be very stupid of me or any one else to give a shops name away online for obvious reasons, but like I said if all goes to plan they told me 13th, I will happily post a pic, R* seem to be doing a good job at stoping the game getting out early so far, they would normally have a game over a week early

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

A lot of Indy games stores sell it early to friends and trusted people.

And there are plenty of them in England. Forum shops etc normally have them.

adairdevil
  • adairdevil

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

I just spoke to my local independent game store and they are hoping to have the game for Saturday at the earliest. They always put games on the shelves when they come in to try to compete with the bigger companies like GAME. I was hoping they would have them delivered by Friday but it looks like I may have to wait another day

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

They suck shop owner's dick.

The Chief Of Essex
  • The Chief Of Essex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Somebody give me a list of these shops in a PM

schuy
  • schuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

I wish I had a mom & pop shop to buy videogames from, sadly, all we have around here are GameStops on top of GameStops.

MRinBlack
  • MRinBlack

Couldnt give a f*ck

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

thankyou piracy

i've noticed in the last few months, it's usually 3/4 days before release and usually on a friday they get uploaded. obviously i'm hoping for tomorrow lol. or even today. but doubt it

yeah i know what you mean i was expecting it on the weekend tbh but got told it wasnt arriving in shops till this week a friend of mine is adamant it will be there tomorrow since gtaiv released a week early but who knows   

TheOnlySargent
  • TheOnlySargent

Crack spider's bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

How to get it early...

DeLorean+time+machine.jpg

adam_thedon
  • adam_thedon

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

thankyou piracy

yeah i know what you mean i was expecting it on the weekend tbh but got told it wasnt arriving in shops till this week a friend of mine is adamant it will be there tomorrow since gtaiv released a week early but who knows   

i've already made up my mind it's coming out friday lol.

as much as i want to hope for earlier, sr4, lost planet 3, blacklist, xcom all came out on weekends :(

modshateme
  • modshateme

Their wives, girlfriends, & daughters love me.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

People keep saying that you can get the game early? how? In England we don't have stores that sell GTA apart from the big ones like, game,asda,tesco etc..

Dicks my friend... they suck a lot of dicks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users