Photo

asda stopped taking pre order's

58 replies to this topic
S-T-F-U
  • S-T-F-U

Rockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

This makes me VERY nervous.  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

K7YLP
  • K7YLP

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

I pre-ordered at Tesco in November last year but lost my receipt, so pre-ordered again 4 weeks ago, good to know there will be a copy waiting for me at midnight :)

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Lol asda are f*cking retarded for buying stuff, all they care about is ripping you off,  a little tub of ice cream is £2.70, a stupid little tub and a bag of 50g of nuts is nearly a fiver, i dont know what the amarican asda is like but i heard you buy massive packages of good food for a good price and you can buy stuff in bulk, our country has gone to the sewers.

Am suprised asda hasnt put the game prices up to a 500 pounds

Our asda is walmart and it does have lower prices but with those lower prices your only getting a couples cents cheaper than other stores and you have to deal with poor white trash/ghetto black people who yell at their kids for asking for candy and walk behind fat people who use the motorized carts bc they're too lazy to walk.  And theres like 33 cash registers and they usually have like 5 open and you'll inevitably get stuck behind someone with WIC which takes forever bc their too stupid to get the items their allowed to get... 

sorry for the rant.  I HATE walmart.

davidkrings
  • davidkrings

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

asda? I guess qwerty and zcvhnyp were taken.

Really made my day, bro :lol:

Skylanator
  • Skylanator

War, war never changes..

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Asda are stupid and wreck less. I wish I owned everything, I'd squeeze even more money out of it all, f*cking hate when idiots get millions -.-

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 09 September 2013 - 05:56 PM.

You can't preorder even it is not released yet? WTF?
On Steam you can "preorderd" untill last second before it is released. Don't know why you can't do same thing with console version. Obviously you will not get it next minut, but probaly will have to wait day or two, but it is still a preorder.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Good job I preordered mine just at the beginning of September, from Game aswell.

CaptainCapri
  • CaptainCapri

Cluckin Hell!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yes but unfortunately, they're the British part of it...

British supermarkets are very different to places such as WalMart where you can walk in buy a burger, a gun and pet fish..

Remember ASDA is a supermarket it isn't a game store! ASDA's priority isn't to sell millions of copies of GTA V, that isn't where their large profit margins, selling hundreds of bags of potatos and carrots its their speciality not Rockstar's latest game!

At the end of the day you've only got yourselve's to blame you've had months and months and months to pre-order, why leave it so late!?

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

people in the uk where have you pre ordered from? do amazon normally get pre orders delivered on the release date? ty

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Main question anyway is why are you relying on Asda in the first place? It's like buying a new laptop from McDonalds or something, it'll be useless.

Why didn't you go for Game, HMV, Amazon or something?

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:20 PM Edited by ralf_s, 09 September 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Good to know... I'm hoping to pre-order at Tesco soon.

That's not preordering, that's buying.

I was planning to taking a display case to the till and pay a £5 deposit before the release date... how is that not pre-ordering?

Slight sarcasm, but it's practically release day already so it's not far off just buying.

Fair enough - I take your point that it's almost out already!

I remember trying to buy San Andreas after it had come out... took ages to find it in stock anywhere. Fingers crossed I won't be too late this time.

Temperr, I'm not sure your analogy holds because McDonald's don't sell laptops at all, whereas Asda/Tesco do sell games, albeit not as their primary line of business.

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

Main question anyway is why are you relying on Asda in the first place? It's like buying a new laptop from McDonalds or something, it'll be useless.

I preordered on amazon last year, but as I live next to a 24hr tesco, I preordered from there in February as well. My mate is having my amazon copy off me now.

I don't see how it's useless? Tesco, Asda etc all have entertainment sections, with the top 20 games for sale, most even sell preowned now as well... The point is they are local, convenient, and in most cases, you won't have to stand in a queue at 10pm for a midnight release.

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

I preordered on amazon last year, but as I live next to a 24hr tesco, I preordered from there in February as well. My mate is having my amazon copy off me now.

I don't see how it's useless? Tesco, Asda etc all have entertainment sections, with the top 20 games for sale, most even sell preowned now as well... The point is they are local, convenient, and in most cases, you won't have to stand in a queue at 10pm for a midnight release.

...not to mention Game and HMV have both shut up shop in recent times. That only leaves the tax-dodging bastards at Amazon...

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Good to know... I'm hoping to pre-order at Tesco soon.

That's not preordering, that's buying.

I was planning to taking a display case to the till and pay a £5 deposit before the release date... how is that not pre-ordering?

Slight sarcasm, but it's practically release day already so it's not far off just buying.

I hate to be pedantic... but it's pre-ordering. The game's not available so a deposit was paid and a pre-order receipt obtained. It looks like a pre-order, smells like a pre-order... :)

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

It's cool - he's almost right as I've left it so late!

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

...not to mention Game and HMV have both shut up shop in recent times. That only leaves the tax-dodging bastards at Amazon...

Yup, most of the games and hmv's have disappeared from near me.

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Welcome to Osborne's Britain (grumble grumble)

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Welcome to Osborne's Britain (grumble grumble)

He'll have it on the Monday. By Tuesday when we get the game the buses will have been removed, the internet will only show 33% of the sites and every time you pay a prostitute Osborne himself leans into the car and plucks $5 out for himself. You can't get it back because he will not die.

Sooo... OT... Tesco at midnight for me ;)

dant40nova
  • dant40nova

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Yes but unfortunately, they're the British part of it...

British supermarkets are very different to places such as WalMart where you can walk in buy a burger, a gun and pet fish..

Remember ASDA is a supermarket it isn't a game store! ASDA's priority isn't to sell millions of copies of GTA V, that isn't where their large profit margins, selling hundreds of bags of potatos and carrots its their speciality not Rockstar's latest game!

At the end of the day you've only got yourselve's to blame you've had months and months and months to pre-order, why leave it so late!?

yup only myself too blame i'm one of these last min people lol,i figured since my local asda's out of town there will be less waiting time ect,local gamestores are small & don't want to stand outside in the cold for hours.

ash82
  • ash82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

I have pre-ordered at Asda but now I'm starting to have doubts. I can see me going with my pre-order ticket on release day after work and them giving me some poor excuse why they don't have it because they've over sold during midnight release.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

I would expect Asda to not have sh*t loads of copies and have to do pre order only, they are a supermarket after all, not a games shop.  The thing that annoys me is that my local GAME are still insisting they will only be selling to pre orders on release day.  If you want to be sure of a release day copy, pay the deposit.  When IV came out, they didn't even have a midnight launch, and at 9 am, there was about 20 people waiting - I bought 2 without pre-ordering.

I did end up pre ordering it a few days ago, because I had £6 on a loyalty card so not only will I get it at midnight (if I can be assed waiting with a bunch of scally kids), I will get £5 knocked off the price without paying any actual money.

Their stance still annoys me though because they don't make any extra money from it because they knock the price of the deposit off.  Unless anyone pre orders and doesn't buy it, but how likely is that?

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

So there's going to be a shortage of the biggest, most anticipated game this year?! They never learn, do they?

i was there few weeks back and some guy was asking at the desk for splinter cell. they said they sold out.

asda isnt the place to count on with games.

tesco however. always stock large with games. specially tesco extra. they stock pre orders plus much more.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

The customer service at the one near mine is terrible, ask about Battlefield and they'll bring out cod and be like "Is this the one you're looking for? It has a gun on the cover" wat

Ouncy
  • Ouncy

Stonenova

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I had pre-ordered the Standard Edition from Gamestop Uk back in November, then pre-ordered the CE from Rockstar. Realised gamestop had reduced in price but wouldn't charge me for the revised price so I cancelled last week and re-ordered it from Tesco (keeping the standard copy for my nephew) for £10 cheaper. My advice is if Asda has stopped taking pre-orders, then just get it from Tesco. They're not going to run out and chances are they won't fu..ck you over like Asda has done to so many people. 

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

So there's going to be a shortage of the biggest, most anticipated game this year?! They never learn, do they?

i was there few weeks back and some guy was asking at the desk for splinter cell. they said they sold out.

asda isnt the place to count on with games.

tesco however. always stock large with games. specially tesco extra. they stock pre orders plus much more.

Must depend what Tesco Extra you go to - my big Tesco Extra never order enough copies

The same happened with Gta4 and RDR they never anticipate the people who never Pre-order - seems they only cater for people who have Pre-Ordered

I have found Tesco Express is the most likely place your get your copies - They are the smallest Tesco branch and my local one has started to sell Copies of new big titles only ex - They will only stock 1 game title for so long    

Maverick152
  • Maverick152

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

i pre-ordered at my local ASDA yesterday and they said i was the last one they were going to allow, even though ive pre ordered i still feel nervous that i might not get a copy, so i will be there at around 10pm to make sure im pretty close to the front of the line if not at the front

schwam66
  • schwam66

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

who tries to preorder the week before??? isnt it obvious they will have stopped preorders by then hell the shippment is prolly in the back anyway they arent going to preorder....haha funny post man thanks

EagleEYE123
  • EagleEYE123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

My two mates pre ordered at asda today 

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

who tries to preorder the week before??? isnt it obvious they will have stopped preorders by then hell the shippment is prolly in the back anyway they arent going to preorder....haha funny post man thanks

Keep laughing it up... evidently the people in the post below you have been successful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users