Playing GTA V for the free roam

gta v free roam
35 replies to this topic
bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

I haven't free roamed as much until now due to the fear of disappointment, but I've already beaten the story twice, as well as a lot of the side activities. I'll be redoing the strangers mission as well.

I usually do the story first anyway to unlock most stuff so that I can have more fun in free roam.

But now I'm waiting to see if the IFruit stocks will ever drop so that I can do Lester's mission and I'm just starting to really goof off.

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

I love exploring, but I dont kill for fun, just for purpose.

And I play GTA5 only for the Online-Mode coming soon :)

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

When I first played GTA3 at a friends house I had no idea there were these things called missions, haha. I thought the goal was to just mess around, so when I bought my copy I didn't quite get doing missions at first.

These days I usually play the missions first so I can experience the map along with the story. After I'll free roam endlessly. Right now I'm hunting for hidden package/stunt jumps, a favorite of mine since forever.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

I just free roam haven't done any missions

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

Both, I like the story because you unlock sh*t for free roam plus I actually like the story. But free roam is the big replay value part of the game.

Kimbly
  • Kimbly

Rebel Softy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:39 PM Edited by Kimbly, 19 February 2014 - 05:44 PM.

I love free roam. The missions really don't interest me, and I just want to tool about the area doing squiddly-boo, The more the merrier for that reason!

However, having JUST started the online part, I can't get past the 'get the drugs' job. With only one wee gun and not much ammo, I don't stand a chance and I keep getting wasted. I'd prefer to SKIP that altogether! Is there a way to just free roam right away, without the Lamar scene starting?  Dagnabbit .. it's spoiling my fun.

---- update ----

Finally got past that danged drug pickup.

I've just bought my first garage in Paleto Bay, but I didn't look closely enough at the listing; I thought it was a little house, so imagine the disappointment to discover I wasted 26G that I can't get back.
All those races, store robberies, car sales .. bah!!

Got to do them all again....  I pick the store near the wind farm; drive straight from there to the train tracks and follow them to the tunnel; cops can't find you in there... tho' the store thefts aren't very much, maybe $500 ... and car selling is too infrequent to be that helpful. I join races and then just go by myself - I'm always first, and it gets up to 3G per race.

Note ~ the reason I'm always first is that I have no online friends yet. Anyone who wants to free roam (and isn't a murderous, arbitrary beast) please add me!  

CaramelOrphan09

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users