» «
Photo

PS3 Preloader Back up?

33 replies to this topic
chriselswick
  • chriselswick

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:14 PM Edited by chriselswick, 09 September 2013 - 02:15 PM.

When will we get this option again? Its going to take me 20-25 hours to download the game so I expect they will be putting this back up? Or was it only up for a little while to give to hackers? I still dont understand why they took it away. Plus I live on East coast so midnight release would end up being 3am my time Which also doesnt seem right. When will they be adding the preloader back to the PS store?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

At least you don't live on the West. I do and I'll be one of the last people  to get it at midnight. It will be hard seeing my friends on the East play it while I wait 3 hours.

Qwerty_jam11
  • Qwerty_jam11

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Als u dit kunt lezen heb je een slijmerige pik.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

They said there wouldn't be a pre-load at all, which is odd considering there WAS one, just by mistake. 

Personally, I have a pretty decent internet connection, dl at about 2.5-3.3 Mb/s, shouldn't take more than 5 hours, maybe less. People always say downloading on PSN is a terrible idea due to how long it takes, but they never seem to realize not everyone has 300kb/s internet :| . It is my hope that the preload comes back, because I'd love to play it at midnight. Well, 4am for me- last of us was meant to release at 12:01am, but I had to wait till 4am to actually download it, when I woke up it was ready to play. If I'm able to pre-load this time, though, that just means I can play it that night instead of in the morning.

• streetx1xracer likes this

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Pre-load back for EU PSN

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

I think Friday?

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think Friday?

Yeah, it says Friday on PSN.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Really? That's great news, is that just for EU or for NA too?

Siz
  • Siz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:13 PM Edited by Siz, 09 September 2013 - 03:14 PM.

From what I read, I think it's only EU. But I'm sure you can create an EU account and buy it on that store if you really wanted to.

chriselswick
  • chriselswick

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

From what I read, I think it's only EU. But I'm sure you can create an EU account and buy it on that store if you really wanted to.

How do you make an EU account? I dont remember getting to pick anything like that. Also can someone confirm this? Is there an article somewhere?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I am amazed at the amount of people who have no idea what they are talking about yet they still comment.

Pre-load IS back up for the EU PSN and it WILL begin on Friday, September 13th. It will then unlock at midnight GMT time and you will be able to play right away.

Pre-load is only available for the EU PSN and those who pre-ordered from there. The North American PSN does not have the pre-load feature and for NA it goes by west coast time.

V unlocks for download at 12:01 west coast time in NA, which means if you are on the east coast of NA it will begin at 3:01 a.m.

chriselswick
  • chriselswick

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by chriselswick, 09 September 2013 - 06:41 PM.

I am amazed at the amount of people who have no idea what they are talking about yet they still comment.

Pre-load IS back up for the EU PSN and it WILL begin on Friday, September 13th. It will then unlock at midnight GMT time and you will be able to play right away.

Pre-load is only available for the EU PSN and those who pre-ordered from there. The North American PSN does not have the pre-load feature and for NA it goes by west coast time.

V unlocks for download at 12:01 west coast time in NA, which means if you are on the east coast of NA it will begin at 3:01 a.m.

So

If I make an EU account and go ahead and download the game can I switch to my US account and already have the game when it unlocks at 3:00am my time and not have to spend a whole extra day downloading?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

You could make an account with the EU PSN and then pre-order the game from there. Since it goes by server time, it will unlock for you when it does for people in the EU...since Europe is ahead of NA in time you would in essence be getting the game a bit earlier.

The issue arises with how you will pre-order, you need currency used in the EU (euros, pounds, kroner etc). So unless you were to buy a PSN card that adds money to your wallet from that region, good luck.

Also, your save game won't be compatible with the North American version of the game and you will have to get all future DLC from the EU PSN.

Not worth it. Just wait.

• crisissasix likes this

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

When will we get this option again? Its going to take me 20-25 hours to download the game so I expect they will be putting this back up? Or was it only up for a little while to give to hackers? I still dont understand why they took it away. Plus I live on East coast so midnight release would end up being 3am my time Which also doesnt seem right. When will they be adding the preloader back to the PS store?

20 HOURS?

Are you on dial-up or something?

Drwho94
  • Drwho94

Time Disruption

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

13th September.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:46 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 09 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

What if i told you I have 40 mb download speeds. How fast can I download V if i EVER have to encounter a scenario where I have to download it from PSN although I'm buying it on CD?

Oh and my upload speeds are 6.67 mb/s/

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by Audiophile, 09 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

You're buying it on disc, not CD.

Secondly, pre-order it and find out if you seriously want to know (I kid...). We can't just tell you how the server is going to react since you obviously won't get the full download speed.

For example, I have a good connection and when I pre-ordered MLB 13 from PSN I was able to download the entire game in 4 hours. The game was over 20 GB's and the download was split into two parts.

• Showstopper 26 likes this

zsakul2
  • zsakul2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Actually now that you mention it, I wonder why they did take it down.. It's not like they could have possibly taken any more data from it than they already did.

The people in the know to leak anything possibly new they might even possibly be able to extract already downloaded the game.. So why not let the layman?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Als u dit kunt lezen heb je een slijmerige pik.

I disagree.

chriselswick
  • chriselswick

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:23 PM Edited by chriselswick, 09 September 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Actually now that you mention it, I wonder why they did take it down.. It's not like they could have possibly taken any more data from it than they already did.

The people in the know to leak anything possibly new they might even possibly be able to extract already downloaded the game.. So why not let the layman?

idk.. Maybe some kind of marketing purpose. I think they wanted a few ppl to have the game early. Doesnt make sense other wise.. Something is fishy.. Why would they only remove it from one server and not the EU server bc of "hackers"? haha.. Do they think hackers dont exist in EU or what? doesnt make any sense at all. P*sses me off bc I was looking forwerd to playing at 3am.... My connection is so bad ill have to download for a day, literally.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Wow.

They removed it from the EU PSN because that's where the leak happened due to the pre-load being unlocked early (it was meant to go up on the 13th not way back in August, Sony made a mistake).

The reason it didn't have to be taken down anywhere else is because no where else was there a pre-load so there was nothing to take down.

They had to take it down in order to fix it before more people downloaded it ahead of time.

What doesn't make sense is how completely irrational some of you are and how badly some of you lack logic.

chriselswick
  • chriselswick

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Wow.

They removed it from the EU PSN because that's where the leak happened due to the pre-load being unlocked early (it was meant to go up on the 13th not way back in August, Sony made a mistake).

The reason it didn't have to be taken down anywhere else is because no where else was there a pre-load so there was nothing to take down.

They had to take it down in order to fix it before more people downloaded it ahead of time.

What doesn't make sense is how completely irrational some of you are and how badly some of you lack logic.

LOL You lack knowledge my friend. My brother is at 10% downloading on the EU server. Its clearly there. 17gigs of it.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by Audiophile, 09 September 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Seems legit because I have an account that has a pre-order on the EU PSN store and GTAV is locked from pre-load until Friday the 13th, The blimp and pre-order theme are locked until the 16th.

So go bullsh*t somewhere else, child.

Also, it's 18 GB's.

chriselswick
  • chriselswick

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Seems legit because I have an account that has a pre-order on the EU PSN store and GTAV is locked from pre-load until Friday the 13th, The blimp and pre-order theme are locked until the 16th.

Also, it's 18 GB's.

Nope I saw it. It was 17. something but not 18gig Id be mad too if yours seriously wont let you yet. I told him not to because the save thing but hes still downloading it. Dumb in my opinion.

Prywante
  • Prywante

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Also, it's 18 GB's.

17,2 GB, yesterday i visit PSN.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:40 PM Edited by Audiophile, 09 September 2013 - 07:41 PM.

So basically it's locked from pre-load for everyone until the 13th except for your brother? Seems legit. If people in the EU were pre-loading right now you would be hearing it all over, just like we heard about it when they were pre-loading back in August because Sony unlocked it by accident way ahead of time.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/aym3qd.jpg

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2aa0cy9.jpg

Please, tell me more.

EDIT: You guys, it says 17 GB's on the actual store page for it. But if you have pre-ordered it and you have it in your download list, it appears as 18 GB's. When people were pre-loading back in August, they were all downloading 18 GB's.

Prywante
  • Prywante

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by Prywante, 09 September 2013 - 07:47 PM.

You guys, it says 17 GB's on the actual store page for it. But if you have pre-ordered it and you have it in your download list, it appears as 18 GB's

Now allright. Idk why Sony give 17,2 GB > 18 GB > XX GB ..

S-T-F-U
  • S-T-F-U

Rockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Won't people in the US downloading from the EU store make the servers a little laggy for everybody?

Drwho94
  • Drwho94

Time Disruption

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

mGGzevS.jpg

Nope still not available yet.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yes.

Just as I said, people can begin pre-loading on the 13th. Says right there in my screen and the one above.

So, chriselswick, your brother must be real special if he's pre-loading right now when the rest of the EU pre-orders can't until the 13th!

Keep on bullsh*tting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users