Quantcast

» «
Photo

70 Missions + 6 Main Heists - are you pleased?

105 replies to this topic

Poll: Amount Of Missions (425 member(s) have cast votes)

are you pleased with the amount of mission?

1. Yes (320 votes [75.29%])

Percentage of vote: 75.29%

2. No (105 votes [24.71%])

Percentage of vote: 24.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

70 "Normal missions" according to CVG

6 heists. 

but what people don't notice is that each heist has 3-5 missions of preparations. 

Assuming these missions aren't classified as a "normal mission" 

Than the total mission count would be 

70 Normal Missions

6 Main Heists

20+ Heist Preparation missions

_________

= 96+ Main story missions

Now for anyone who was worried would stop having a panic attack as (atleast in my contrived calculation) it is about as long as GTA IV 

-Cheers :D

RealisticSteak
  • RealisticSteak

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

NO!!! I want 70+ missions PER protag!!!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

6 heists. 
but what people don't notice is that each heist has 3-5 missions of preparations. 
70 Normal Missions
6 Main Heists
_________

Now for anyone who was worried would stop having a panic attack as (atleast in my contrived calculation) it is about as long as GTA IV 

No... those "preperatio missions" are already in the 70. Otherwise it would make no sense at all..

Plus it would be more than IV which also can not be cause R* confirmed that V will have less than IV

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

6 grand heist ; we only know 1 , that jewelery thing , though all the scene we seen probably missions for first grand heist . damn

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

6 heists. 
70 Normal Missions
6 Main Heists
_________

No... those "preperatio missions" are already in the 70. Otherwise it would make no sense at all..

Plus it would be more than IV which also can not be cause R* confirmed that V will have less than IV

Knew it was too good to be true, but 70 missions is STILL more than what we get in modern open world games. I mean Red Dead Redemption only had 50+ missions and it STILL felt like a long game. Not because it was boring but because it was so immersive and the story was THAT good. 

Im guessing we shouldn't complain about length as long as we get a good story out of it, you know quality over quantity. We would easily spend 100+ hours in this game alone. So....

Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

No. Not at all.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Very satisfied.

Rockstar knows what their doing. I'm not worried in the slightest.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

22 = TLAD
26 = TBoGT
41 = GTA:Adv
51 = GTA:III
57 = GTA:VC (including Asset missions)
59 = GTA:VCS
65 = GTA:CW
70 = GTA:LCS
76 = GTA:V
94 = GTA:IV
105 = GTA:SA

I left out prior to III because those early games handled missions differently.

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Very happy, more than enough :)

boinaguaxy
  • boinaguaxy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

From CVG ( http://gtaforums.com...nfirmed-by-cvg/ ) we know that V will have about 70 missions plus 6 Main Heists.

Although we dont know how accurate this number is, we knew that V will have less than IV ( 94 missions ) for months.

So are you pleased with it?

I am pleased as long as there are a lot more activities and mini-games which we dont know about yet and I really want the individuel storyline for each protagonist to not be too short. When you play 40 Missions with all 3 guys, you have 10 Missions for each protagonist left, which ( imo ) would be too few. So I hope we have not too much Missions with all 3 Protagonists. 

What we do know ( from the previews ) is that the Missions have alot more variety than IV and seem to be a bit longer.

To be honest, I found GTA IV to be quite short. I got the achievement for beating the game in less than 30 hours. I always had this feeling about GTA games of being extremmely long. When I was 10 I used to play GTA SA and that took me around a month of consistent playing to beat. Im not whining because I understand that they cant have a huge detailed world with good graphics and then have a million missions. Im kinda worried though if the missions and heists will get us a lot of money because stuff is gonna be pretty expensive. We will have to wait and see.

Gaunty
  • Gaunty

Englishman

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Considering that, from what I've read, the missions seem to be more diverse/more than just "drive to X, kill Y", I am really happy with that. People who aren't need to remember how much extra stuff (outside of missions) Rockstar will have set up for us. :)

The Zodiac ~
  • The Zodiac ~

This is the Zodiac speaking.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

I don't trust CVG, altough I'm pleased if it's true.

dantheman9856
  • dantheman9856

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by dantheman9856, 09 September 2013 - 03:21 PM.

i dont think this inclues "stranger" missions and things like that.  The stranger missions in red dead were awesome.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Plus all side activities, missions, rampages, etc.

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Yea I'm sure 70 is main storyline missions. However: I hope that the first 10 or so missions aren't just training missions like go here and see new feature with no danger. The tutorial should happen outside of missions.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

sh*t, looks like GTA V is pretty short game. Five years for just 70 lousy missions. Thanks Cockstar.

trevorthebadass
  • trevorthebadass

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

if it is just 70 missions, then i really hope its 70 missions, then 6 heists, and the side missions to set up for the heists on top of that. because 6 heists, with say 4 set up missions for each, thats 30 missions in itself. so if we got 30 set up/heist missions, then the normal 70 missions that would be perfect

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

sh*t, looks like GTA V is pretty short game. Five years for just 70 lousy missions. Thanks Cockstar.

Yep there are only 100+ hours (confirmed) of gameplay in the main game and probably thousands of hours in MP. What a waste of 60 dollars. I might as well wipe my ass with 3 20 bills.

Andrew-23
  • Andrew-23

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

I mostly care about the online anyway. Single player is NBD to me.

If it was, having three characters makes the game have 3x the replay value because you can play the game from 3 different points of view. The map is so enormous and there are SOOO many things to do now anyway like golf, tennis, triathlons, yoga, hunting, etc.

trevorthebadass
  • trevorthebadass

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by trevorthebadass, 09 September 2013 - 03:45 PM.

6 heists. 
70 Normal Missions
6 Main Heists
_________

idk if i believe that. i dont think that the 6 heists and the 3-5 set up missions for each will be in the 70 missions just because the set up missions will be smaller, and that would take up about 30 of the 70 missions with just small set up missions. thats just dumb.

and pretty sure ihave never read anything saying  V will  have less missions than IV link or it didnt happen

Gazi
  • Gazi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by Gazi, 09 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Yep there are only 100+ hours (confirmed) of gameplay in the main game and probably thousands of hours in MP. What a waste of 60 dollars. I might as well wipe my ass with 3 20 bills.

Yeah, 12h on main strory and 88 hours on activities like killing thousands of pigeons. Really entertaining... . After beating a story at every GTA game it gave(no matter which one, no matter how big one) nothing interesting to do. GTA V isnt any special at this point(srsly you gonna play tennis or golf at GTA game? Or do stunts for 100 hours?) nothing to do which would bring your attention. I mean its not Skyrim with hundreds of side missions which every single of them were unique. And if half of those main "story" missions will be bank robbing, this GTA game will be rubbish storyline wise!

Jenia
  • Jenia

I pee like HowToBasic.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Yeah, 76 missions are not the same as SA 120 (I think) missions, but with all the mini games and activities and the map to explore, I'm happy with that.

Odinox
  • Odinox

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

How am I supposed to know? All depends on how long the missions are...

From what ive been seeing. theres multiple sections within the missions..
so like staking out the security system. getting people into place.
take down actions. diversions (using chop to distract).
i feel the missions/heists could take a while. and im 200% okay with that.

its alot better than. accept mission. do the mission.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

At least it has replay value as you can play missions several time and make it feel like a new mission when you use one of the other protagonists

SP3CTR3
  • SP3CTR3

Puncher of Demons

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

i'm not going to vote yet because i have to try them first. it sounds like its enough but we'll see.

warchild3529
  • warchild3529

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

There's plenty of other stuff to do besides the missions!

Starz
  • Starz

Niko

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

That's enough for me, a lot of the fun will come from side missions, messing around and going online.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by Freezer89, 09 September 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Your signature says everything. Nice try.

And that "argument" five years for 70 missions is just bullsh*t anyways. It's not like they only worked on missions. Hell, they are just a small part of the entire game. At least try it better with your "argumentation"

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by Daviedv, 09 September 2013 - 05:05 PM.

For crying out loud..

1.cvg said and I quote "70 ODD missions" I.e, they haven't got a clue and they are going from the leaked info.

2. ign did not say V had 70 missions.

3. There are already countless f*cking threads on this. We don't need to recap and recreate every thread, every goddamn day!!

Having this crap constantly remade means that people see it constantly and the speculation becomes the "truth"

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Given side-quests, hidden packages and other diversions, this is more than adequate to keep people occupied for several weeks to a few months. I recall taking two months roughly to complete GTA III's story elements, so this will likely take me just as long or longer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users