Photo

[SURPRISED] Overheating issues while playing GTA SA on laptop

7 replies to this topic
GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

I have a problem while playing GTA San Andreas. While playing GTA San Andreas, it works perfectly (graphic very well, game is fast), but when I play GTA SA, after 2-3 minutes laptop begins to overheat. It started 3-4 days ago. How to solve this problem ? I am trying to clean components of dust (using vacuum cleaner and cleaning of dust ventilators), but nothing happens.  :(

Sometimes my laptop shuts down without reason when I play this game.

My laptop is Toshiba Satellite C660 (buyed in September 2011):

Intel Pentium P6200 2.13 GHz

Toshiba PWWAA Motherboard

3GB RAM memory

500GB TOSHIBA hard drive

Intel HD Graphics (I don't know number of model, also graphic card is incompatible with GTA IV)

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with SP1

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Does this happen with other games too?

Do you have any mods installed?

Have you tried reinstalling the game and deleting the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder?

Also, try updating your video drivers to see if it makes a difference.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by GeorgeGTA, 09 September 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Does this happen with other games too?

Do you have any mods installed?

Have you tried reinstalling the game and deleting the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder?

Also, try updating your video drivers to see if it makes a difference.

Only for GTA SA. GTA III and GTA VC haven't issues.

I installed only one Speedometer.

I am trying reinstall game, but nothing happens.

Warranty on my laptop expires in two weeks, I will try to reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate or put newest video drivers.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Well my laptop also starts making more noise from the fans when playing gta San andreas and even other games it's rather normal since laptops have less space for cooloing and tend to overheat a bit more, if it's really bugging you could go to a store maybe where you bought it and ask them to clean it, I once did that on my old laptop, and afterwards it worked like a charm of course it wasn't in warranty back then. Anyway you could also get a external cooler, my new laptop makes a lot of noise, but usually when it's on top of the cooler it's more quiet and here where I live there's usually 35-45º C in the summer and it never gave any trouble while playing games.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

Strange if this problem occurred suddenly a few days ago, unless it was the first time you played SA in a long time.
Check if there is some other process that uses CPU load, perhaps something that did not run before 3-4 days ago. It could be something you installed or a malware infection. Use Task Manager to find out what else is using CPU power, if anything.

Have a look at what programs is on auto-startup. Don't let programs auto-start unless you need it. Background programs are maybe not causing your heat problem, but it's always smart to be in charge and know what's running on your system, and not let each program you install be their own little boss.

If your drivers was OK a week ago then I see no reason why they should be causing this problem. But new drivers can perhaps help even if the old drivers are not the source of the problem.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

this exactly happens with me.

maybe because of the traffic in the game. I always feel like its a volcano about to explode whenever I play this game until I started to use ghost town cheat. it started to get even faster!

maybe the main reason is because the game-traffic? check it out, play normal without any cheat, save in another slot, reload from the newly saved slot and do the ghost town cheat and try again. I believe that what make your laptop too laggy and too hot/overheat. I'm not sure though, as mine is DELL and too small to run the game normally (I have another TRASH laptop that runs the game like if its on PS2 but its ALWAYS freeze for some no unknown reason! I know its not from the game as it even freeze before even before the welcome screen go up!)

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

this exactly happens with me.

maybe because of the traffic in the game. I always feel like its a volcano about to explode whenever I play this game until I started to use ghost town cheat. it started to get even faster!

maybe the main reason is because the game-traffic? check it out, play normal without any cheat, save in another slot, reload from the newly saved slot and do the ghost town cheat and try again. I believe that what make your laptop too laggy and too hot/overheat. I'm not sure though, as mine is DELL and too small to run the game normally (I have another TRASH laptop that runs the game like if its on PS2 but its ALWAYS freeze for some no unknown reason! I know its not from the game as it even freeze before even before the welcome screen go up!)

Just tried it, nothing happens. :(

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

^ weird.sometime I feel like the game already froze from extremely lagging. 'til I discovered it NOTE: this will not fully remove the lagging, just slightly make the game faster (I, myself STILL find the game laggy but ATLEAST better than before)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users