Proofed in Gray Imports
25 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

In this topic I wish to talk about which vehicles are worth obtaining early in the game, especially which vehicles to make FP/EP in Gray Imports. I hope to hear different opinions and it could help me (and possibly other people) make decisions.

At the bottom in this post is a list of what I've got and how much space I have left. My garage capacity is soon exhausted so I have to prioritize.
I have these missions available: Just Business, Gray Imports, Los Sepulcros (and High Stakes).

The latest objects I acquired was the three aircrafts, it was great fun because I play by my own rules that makes everything about five (or 10?) times more difficult than it has to be. For example, climbing aboard the carrier and airjack a PolMav without killing a single cop. Add a great number of other personal challenges I try to pass at the same time and you get the idea.
Big credits to the people who found out and posted about the hard-to-get vehicles, I would never have discovered all the possibilities on my own. :^:

Achieved all that, so what to do now? It's so strange to not have a really hard challenge to do... I can continue the storyline of course, which will unlock new challenges, but not before I have collected the best FP/EP vehicles. What other vehicles would be worth chasing down and make FP/EP?
They must be obtainable before I complete Gray Imports, without cheats. I'm not interested in a FP/EP vehicle if I can get a better version of that vehicle later.

Some ideas that came to mind:
Cropduster: Is it worth collecting? Its handling makes me feel drunk. Is the insecticide spray working on people?
News Chopper: Much faster than most choppers. Can carry two people.
Raindance: Average speed, can only carry two people. But I love the sound.
Leviathan: Very slow, can carry two people. I don't want it unless I underestimate the usefulness of landing on water.
Dune: I've never seen this vehicle other on Youtube. It looks like a desert cruiser so I'm not sure if a FP/EP Dune is so much better than an ordinary one.
Police Ranger: Perhaps a FP/EP vehicle with Vigilante capabilities would be good? Hmmm.

I do have the two-timing script active, but I think girlfriend proofed cars can wait until I have more property available.

What I've got and how much unused space I have left:
GANTON
Tahoma, BP/FP (House Party)
NRG-500, FP/EP
PCJ-600, BP/FP/EP/DP (OG Loc)
Voodoo, BP/FP (House Party)

EL CORONA
Greenwood, BP/FP (House Party)
Forklift, BP (Robbing Uncle Sam)
Savanna, BP/FP/EP/MP (High Stakes, Low Rider)
Admiral, BP/FP/EP/DP (Los Sepulcros)

SANTA MARIA BEACH
--Reserved for: Sentinel, BP/FP/EP/DP (The Green Sabre)
--Reserved for: Sabre, BP/FP/EP/DP (The Green Sabre)
--Reserved for: ?

MULHOLLAND
Seasparrow, FP/EP
Sanchez, BP/FP/EP/DP (Wrong Side of the Tracks)
Mesa (dark roof), FP/EP (Robbing Uncle Sam)
Tampa, BP/FP/EP/DP (Nines and AK's)

DOHERTY
Towtruck, FP/EP
Police (LSPD), FP/EP (will try to replace it with a fully immune version from Reuniting The Families)

LOS SANTOS IMPOUND
Police Maverick, FP/EP

SAN FIERRO IMPOUND
Hydra, FP/EP
Rustler, FP/EP

I'm afraid of storing more than two vehicles in each impound. My thought is that when a mission causes impounding of a vehicle, I can hopefully avoid losing one of my own vehicles if I only have 2 vehicles stored in the impound. But if several vehicles get impounded at the same time (is it likely to happen?) then I'm screwed anyway.
I understand that a few missions will impound everything within a radius, but I believe those few missions are known.
  • 0909090 and Syndrome like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

I will ask, Why?

Do you use them for any actual useful purpose during game missions?

Is it just a hobby, to gather difficult to obtain vehicles?

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

Some vehicles are used for gang action (not necessarily gang wars) or protection from police. These are cars that are fully immune or at least BP.

But for all the FP/EP vehicles, they are collected just because they are hard to get, or simply just rare.

So yes it's just a hobby. :)

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

Rustler and Hydra, simply for dog fighting against other Hydra's. I guess the Seasparrow could do as well.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:49 AM Edited by fnxrak, 09 September 2013 - 10:51 AM.

Yeah the only really practical use for these vehicles is if you use the cheats "Have a bounty on your head" and "Peds Attack You With Weapons, Rocket Launcher" but that's just for fun in normal gameplay only the aircrafts can really have an advantage of having a EP/FP proofing to avoid missiles in the restricted areas,

And yes is more of a feeling of accomplishment than anything else, but anyways it's a lot of fun and also it enhances the gameplay of a game that has already a nice fun/difficulty factor and also it really gives a better insight of the vehicles and of the garage spaces.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

I'd consider LVPD/SFPD Police car as a good potential EP/FP vehicle, since it isn't that easy to get it early. But that's only if have spare room for it, if not the list of the vehicles which you have now is fine. 

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by fnxrak, 09 September 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Sorry I didn't see the list before with a big attention and I have just a bit of advice BP/EP/FP/MP savanna is always available after the races are unlocked and there is a FI version in "Photo Opportunity"; although it's a lot harder to get there is also another FI Sentinel in "Mountain Cloud Boys" so you may want to keep that one LOLOL, the Sabre is actually easier to get in "Tanker Commander" and the sanchez is also available in "Badlands". Anyway you can convert up to 17 vehicles that you may store until the end of the game if you go after the UC2 ones and with your list I would say up to 29 vehicles if you don't get the UC2 ones and up to 34 if you don't get the UC ones either.

About the impounds in some rare mission it impounded more than a vehicle, but I'm counting the boat school which in your case it doens't matter (PS2), but you may avoid the impounding on most mission just by getting there on foot or ditching the vehicle in the water before starting or getting to a mission marker. If I remember correctly I only had trouble with "Test Drive" mission in which I had to ditch the vehicle a bit further than usual to avoid getting it impounded.

• OG Viking likes this

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

The BP, FP, EP, & DP Tampa, simply because it's obtainable at the earliest, plus it has more of the essential proofing traits. One proofed vehicle is more than sufficient (as long as you don't lose it) for any potential task. Unfortunately, the gang war missions (Doberman, Home Coming, Beat Down On B-Dup, & Grove 4 Life) are the only missions where I can see these vehicles as being beneficial.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

I'd consider LVPD/SFPD Police car as a good potential EP/FP vehicle, since it isn't that easy to get it early. But that's only if have spare room for it, if not the list of the vehicles which you have now is fine.

The LV police district uses some cars that stands out, but LS and SF seems to have the same body.
Some years ago I came across a statement somewhere, possibly in one of the many walkthroughs on the web, that LS, SF and LV police cars had different handling, acceleration etc. Is there any evidence proving this right or wrong?

It's very easy to get a LV police car in Red County north-west to Montgomery. A small strip of land there is technically in LV and LVPD cars will appear on the nearest road which is in Red County, if CJ is wanted.

Sorry I didn't see the list before with a big attention and I have just a bit of advice BP/EP/FP/MP savanna is always available after the races are unlocked and there is a FI version in "Photo Opportunity";

What street race other than High Stakes have a Savanna that is BP/EP/FP/MP? System Error's guide tells about another Savanna but it's just FP.
And Photo Opportunity is not mentioned there, but I know the guide is incomplete. Thanks for the tip, DP is so much better than MP.

Sabre is actually easier to get in "Tanker Commander"

Thanks I had not noticed that. Saves me some work. :D

About the impounds in some rare mission it impounded more than a vehicle, but I'm counting the boat school which in your case it doens't matter (PS2), but you may avoid the impounding on most mission just by getting there on foot or ditching the vehicle in the water before starting or getting to a mission marker. If I remember correctly I only had trouble with "Test Drive" mission in which I had to ditch the vehicle a bit further than usual to avoid getting it impounded.

If I read correctly, what you say means that if I only store two vehicles in the impound, I can drive to almost all missions.

The BP, FP, EP, & DP Tampa, simply because it's obtainable at the earliest, plus it has more of the essential proofing traits. One proofed vehicle is more than sufficient (as long as you don't lose it) for any potential task. Unfortunately, the gang war missions (Doberman, Home Coming, Beat Down On B-Dup, & Grove 4 Life) are the only missions where I can see these vehicles as being beneficial.

If I only was to have one fully immune vehicle, I would probably take a Sentinel. It looks good, drives good and has 4 doors. I can't think of a better FI 4-door car.
Having only one type of FI car is meeting all the practical needs, but it gets boring. Having a bunch of proofed cars are more fun, and most of them are not just fun to own, getting them is fun too.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:27 AM

I never bother acquiring the House Party Tahoma (even though it's the easiest to acquire), being that Ballas drive Tahomas and I'm Grove for life. Cesars Savannah, however, I always acquire. What baffles me is Cesar is supposed to be an Azteca associate, yet he drives a car driven by Grove members.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Ok about the impounds again if you drive to a mission and a vehicle is impounded afterwards you will have to go to the impound and take out that vehicle so that again only two remains there and you can get another to be impounded as well, but that's assuming that the game don't randomly impounds a vehicle which happens more often when you enter or exit those impounds.

I personally find it easier to go on foot to those missions I believe the furthest I had to make "was 555 we tip" and also the Big Smoke missions as there isn't a safe-house near his house, for example Jizzy's missions all I had to do was ditch the vehicles in the water near his dome. But anyways in theory yes having only 2 vehicles in the impound might help you.

• OG Viking likes this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

Ok about the impounds again if you drive to a mission and a vehicle is impounded afterwards you will have to go to the impound and take out that vehicle so that again only two remains there and you can get another to be impounded as well, but that's assuming that the game don't randomly impounds a vehicle which happens more often when you enter or exit those impounds.

But if my two impound vehicles are aircrafts and the third impounded vehicle is a car then I don't need to remove that car? Because aircrafts have priority (don't get deleted as easily as cars), a fourth impounded vehicle will delete the car and not one of the two aircrafts?

I personally find it easier to go on foot to those missions I believe the furthest I had to make "was 555 we tip" and also the Big Smoke missions as there isn't a safe-house near his house, for example Jizzy's missions all I had to do was ditch the vehicles in the water near his dome. But anyways in theory yes having only 2 vehicles in the impound might help you.

Lol sometimes I ride on car roofs as passenger instead of running.
I have never seen a impounded bicycle but I guess they can get impounded too.

Can't you just drive and shoot the gas tank before you start the mission? I prefer that over running or riding on car roofs. Bicycles don't have gas tanks... but I guess ditching them in deep water works.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Well in theory that only works for the random impounding of cars when you use an exploit it tends to replace the vehicle by an order of replacing or at least I got it replaced a few times. It's really not an exact science yet LOLOLOL

About the blowing up the vehicle you would think that should work wouldn't you!?! But no only ditching them in the water or letting the vehicle outside of the impound radius would work, still best choice is going on foot.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:18 AM Edited by OG Viking, 16 September 2013 - 03:21 AM.

Are heavy Vigilante vehicles any good for the job? Criminals use Shotguns and AKs and these vehicles are easy targets.

I've been considering FP/EP Barracks for Vigilante fun. But I found out that it is very likely to be discarded in the LS impound, and if a FP/EP Enforcer is better for Vigilante and also have immunity from being discarded, then perhaps I should pick an Enforcer instead.

Is Barracks any better as Vigilante vehicle than Enforcer? Barracks has 6-wheel drive, but I'm in doubt of how useful that really is. Barracks are much heavier and inflict more damage on other vehicles, but it also takes more damage than the Enforcer.

Which vehicles (not aircrafts) do have immunity from being discarded from memory? I know Firetruck is immune, and probably also Ambulance. Do Enforcers have immunity? A vehicle with this kind of immunity is easier to store in impounds.

Some key vehicle stats below. Source is Redjacket's guide v 0.04. (If you're interested in that huge document, search for "The Attributes Key" in it for explanation of stats.)

Vehicle ID: BARRACKS
- Dimensions
Mass: 10500.0 Kg
Turn Mass: 61407.5 Kg (Lower value allows sharper turns)
Drag Multiplier: 4.0 (Lower is better)

- Traction
Multiplier: 0.65 (Higher is better)
Loss: 0.7 (Loss on wet road or off-road, lower is better)

- Transmission
Max Velocity: 180.0 KPH / 111.78 MPH
Engine Acceleration: 20.0 ms^2
Engine Inertia: 25.0
Drivetrain: 4WD

- Braking
Brake Deceleration: 4.00 ms^2 (Higher is better)

- Other
Collision Damage Multiplier: 0.26 (Damage taken, lower is better)
Handling Flags: OffroadAbility

Vehicle ID: ENFORCER

- Dimensions
Mass: 4000.0 Kg
Turn Mass: 17333.3 Kg (Lower value allows sharper turns)
Drag Multiplier: 1.8 (Lower is better)

- Traction
Multiplier: 0.55 (Higher is better)
Loss: 0.8 (Loss on wet road or off-road, lower is better)

- Transmission
Max Velocity: 170.0 KPH / 105.57 MPH
Engine Inertia: 20.0
Drivetrain: RWD

- Braking
Brake Deceleration: 5.4 ms^2 (Higher is better)

- Other
Collision Damage Multiplier: 0.16 (Damage taken, lower is better)

The collision damage multiplier (CDM) is perhaps the most important stat, and that is in favor of Enforcer which has only 0.16 (Rhino has 0.09). The Barracks' CDM of 0.26 is identical with Firetruck.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

The only vehicles I found that appear immune from being discarded from an impound garage are aircraft, Vortex, Abulance, and the Firetruck with the water turret. I didn't check everything but I'm pretty sure the Barracks and Enforcer were discarded normally.

In general, I'd say the Barracks and Enforcer are not good for completing the vigilante mission to level 12. The main drawback is they are so tall that driveby kills would be nearly impossible. However, I find your idea of using EP/FP heavy vehicles for collision kills to be intriguing. Expecially if your goal is vigilante fun -- how high can you get rather than reaching 12.

I ecourage you to test this idea. Perhaps use a trainer to proof the vehicles to determine if the fun factor is worth the effort to make a legitimate collection for proofing by Gray Imports.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:22 AM Edited by OG Viking, 17 September 2013 - 10:25 AM.

I had hoped all government vehicles had discard immunity so that's a bit disappointing.

The lack of drive-by ability is a good point, I knew tall vehicles have a problem with that but I forgot to take it into the equation. But if you have a homie with you, he will do drive-bys on everyone who attacks your vehicle. A homie with Desert Eagle is effective for this purpose, but only if the criminals shoots at your vehicle.

I have tried to test the idea and compare Barracks with Enforcer, but the problem is getting a Barracks, I don't think there is a button cheat code to spawn one. I have no trainers/mods/Action Replay so I've had to get a Barracks from Area 69 over to LS. I managed to fetch a Barracks one time, but it got discarded from the LS impound before I had tested it on Vigilante.

Now recently I discovered the topic where "undrowning" is explained, I think this will make it easier to get a Barracks over to LS. But I need some more practice with undrowning, I've not had success yet.

I don't know how much HP is added to a Vigilante vehicle for each completed level, so I don't know if ramming the criminals is a good idea, even with a CDM of 0.16. Maybe a police Ranger is better, it is heavier and more durable than most cars, and the ramming tactic can be combined with drive-by. But it can't propel enemy cars like trucks do. :p

EDIT, here is the key stats for police Ranger:

Vehicle ID: RANGER

- Dimensions
Mass: 1700.0 Kg
Turn Mass: 4108.3 Kg
Drag Multiplier: 2.5

- Traction
Multiplier: 0.85
Loss: 0.85

- Transmission
Max Velocity: 160.0 KPH / 99.36 MPH
Drivetrain: 4WD

- Braking
Brake Deceleration: 6.2 ms^2

- Other
Collision Damage Multiplier: 0.23
Handling Flags: Halogen_Lights, OffroadAbility2, OffroadAbility

As you see it's relatively light and don't inflict much damage on other cars, but it's CDM is only 0.23!! It is stupid low. I think it means that a Ranger can ram any truck except an Enforcer and win.

EDIT II:

About the blowing up the vehicle you would think that should work wouldn't you!?! But no only ditching them in the water or letting the vehicle outside of the impound radius would work, still best choice is going on foot.

What about boats? How do you get rid of a boat? The only method I can think of is to never drive a boat lol.
- Or perhaps enter two cars after and ditch them in the water. That could possibly work.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

One bonus the Enforcer possesses that the Barracks & Ranger doesn't is occupancy space. If you embark on the Vigilante mission with a recruit who happens to get killed, you're on your own; if you use an Enforcer, you can have two backup recruits sitting in the back at your disposal, though the problem is that they don't all shoot at once, but only the front passenger does. The bonus of the Ranger is speed, whereas the bonus of the Barracks is durability. I feel as if this is comparing apples & oranges. In the traditional police vehicle, 3 recruits with Desert Eagles returning gunshots is splendid. When you do drive-bys in higher elevated vehicles (such as the Barracks), the player hit rate declines too much. I could never get to level 6 using the Barracks.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by OG Viking, 17 September 2013 - 03:39 PM.

The bonus of the Ranger is speed, whereas the bonus of the Barracks is durability.

On paper Enforcer has the most durability, followed by Ranger, and Barracks third. It is the Collision Damage Multiplier. I don't know if the game takes weight into the equation when damage is being calculated, but the CDM is certainly a key part of the equation. But a heavier vehicle can propel a car into another obstacle and that second impact also causes damage, so a heavy vehicle have at least some advantage regardless of CDM. And a heavy vehicle can also flip a car.

The Ranger is light and maybe it can inflict little damage, but it also takes very little damage. A Barracks can perhaps inflict much damage because it's heavy, but it also takes much damage because it has a high CDM. An Enforcer is medium heavy and have an extremely low CDM.

The ramming strategy may have to be combined with on-foot strategy where you wait for the criminals and engage them with heavy weapons.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

I'm wondering if an open back Barracks will allow all homies to shoot.

"100%" health for all vehicles is 1000. This is what they spawn with, or get repaired to, but it can go much, much higher. Each completed level of vigilante will add 300 health if CJ is in the vehicle at the end of the level, or 200 if he is not.

The vigilante trick works great on PS2v1, but I'm not sure about v2. In short, start vigilante then exit the vehicle and enter an interior (Santa Maria works great). Wait a few seconds and exit, re-enter the vehicle to refresh the timer, and repeat until all targets fall through the planet and die. If it's taking too long to work just cancel and start again; the first few levels go fairly quickly, even on PC. This exploit should allow you to boost the health of your ramming vehicle significantly. Don't try to save the extra health in a garage though; it'll respawn back to 100% health.

I spent a lot of time working on vigilante in Liberty City Stories trying to get a really fast time. Part of that strategy included ramming vehicles with my police car. It seems that a frontend collision doesn't do all that much damage to my vehicle. And t-boning the other vehicle does the most damage to the target. I was actually surprised that the ramming strategy worked as well as it did.

• OG Viking likes this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:52 PM Edited by OG Viking, 17 September 2013 - 09:07 PM.

I'm wondering if an open back Barracks will allow all homies to shoot.

Probably not, but it must be tested. With open you mean the Barracks with a net on the back? That's the most open type I've seen.

The ideal Vigilante vehicle doesn't exist. It would have been a truck or a double-decker bus with 7 homies that could move freely around on the vehicle and shoot at whomever they pleased.  :evilgrin:

"100%" health for all vehicles is 1000. This is what they spawn with, or get repaired to, but it can go much, much higher. Each completed level of vigilante will add 300 health if CJ is in the vehicle at the end of the level, or 200 if he is not.

That's a lot, and if the enemy don't shoot at you that will perhaps be enough to keep your vehicle healthy.

How much health do one AK bullet take, is it 30? I believe TEC and MAC bullets costs 20 in damage, and MP5 25 HP. Shotguns can be very very dangerous. So when the criminals shoots at you, you may need to shoot back and not just ram them.

If it's taking too long to work just cancel and start again; the first few levels go fairly quickly, even on PC. This exploit should allow you to boost the health of your ramming vehicle significantly. Don't try to save the extra health in a garage though; it'll respawn back to 100% health.

So the extra health remains after you abort the mission, this is great! If I had the possibility to test this, I would have tested how far up the health can go. But since I can't do that, I'll have to leave it to the guys who can. ;)

I spent a lot of time working on vigilante in Liberty City Stories trying to get a really fast time. Part of that strategy included ramming vehicles with my police car. It seems that a frontend collision doesn't do all that much damage to my vehicle. And t-boning the other vehicle does the most damage to the target. I was actually surprised that the ramming strategy worked as well as it did.

Liberty City Stories is newer than SA I believe? If so then it may have more advanced damage physics. I have not noticed this in SA, but I have not thought about it. I don't know if t-boning in SA inflicts more damage, but I do it for flipping cars.

EDIT
Getting a Barracks over to LS is so time consuming that I'll use a 6-star cheat to make them appear. They are so hard to undrown because they wants to stand on their nose, and when they at last fall down they tend to rush off into the deep. This is only for testing Vigilante, not for saving it.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:06 PM Edited by OrionSR, 25 September 2013 - 09:07 PM.

I can't remember which topic had this as an outstanding question, but I finally got around to examining the memory address for a vehicle's health and it is stored as a float. I was a bit confused because all of the codes that alter vehicle health seem to use integer values. An integer health value would be limited, but the floating point value can be infinitely high. In practice, the health value of a vigilante vehicle could get so high that adding another 300 wouldn't be enough to increase the value. But by then any damage less that 300 shouldn't be enough to decrease the health either.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I can testify that a Hunter that has completed 500 levels of vigilante is very difficult to destroy. AFAIR it took several minutes of sustained minigun fire and over 100 SAM hits to destroy it.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by OG Viking, 26 September 2013 - 09:52 PM.

I have over the last days tested using Enforcer and Barracks on Vigilante. In all my tests I had maxed out the passenger capacity with Deagle wielding homies. All tests were started in the Blueberry/Panopticon area.

(Something unusual happened one time I drove from Ganton towards the Vigilante test site. I started Vigilante already in Ganton (I just started it without caring about the mission), and without ever getting near the suspects I got to level 4 as I drove the freeway north towards Montgomery. I didn't look on the map exactly where the suspects were, but they were south of me. I didn't do anything beside beelining for the test site at Blueberry/Panopticon. My Vigilante test Enforcer gained 900 HP already before the test began, but I reset the health to 1000 with a cheat code.)

My Enforcer vs Barracks test results:

Enforcer: I don't think I cleared level 6 but I came close several times. I often cleared level 5, and also often failed before level 5. Surprisingly often I failed on level 1 and 2, it is very difficult to deal with suspects on motorbikes. This is a problem with a slow Enforcer, but an even bigger problem with the even slower Barracks.

Barracks: I cleared level 6 several times but never cleared level 7. Generally I got one level higher than with the Enforcer. Barracks actually have a higher top speed than Enforcer, but the acceleration is so slow that you almost never get up to high speed. The grip is superior, but you can only make use of it the few times you need to go off-road, or when it rains. Because the truck is so slow you only can crash suspects when you meet them. I find that when I drive after my suspect it is hard to catch up with them and I have to leave it to my passenger to destroy their car.

One bonus the Enforcer possesses that the Barracks & Ranger doesn't is occupancy space. If you embark on the Vigilante mission with a recruit who happens to get killed, you're on your own; if you use an Enforcer, you can have two backup recruits sitting in the back at your disposal, though the problem is that they don't all shoot at once, but only the front passenger does.

I thought the same but have changed my mind! Having two backup homies in the back of an Enforcer is not an advantage, it is a disadvantage. When I use an Enforcer I no longer take with me more than one homie. Why? Because the brainless homies are too damn slow, once they get out of the vehicle it takes them too damn long time to get in again. They are less smart than a chicken and CJ can't order them to stay in the vehicle when he goes out. And they don't even act smart when they are of foot! They are only useful when they are in the vehicle and return fire. It is more efficient to drive back to the other side of the world and recruit a new homie if he dies.

I can testify that a Hunter that has completed 500 levels of vigilante is very difficult to destroy. AFAIR it took several minutes of sustained minigun fire and over 100 SAM hits to destroy it.

Holy smokes!
500 x 300 = 150,000 added HP!
I don't know how much health a rocket takes, and if SAMs are more or less powerful than RPGs. But 100 hits is a lot.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

IMHO you need a police cruiser to complete vigilante to level 12 using drive-by only.

You can't do effective drive-by's in the other cars.

The homies will only shoot back at the targets when the targets damages them or your car, so you need to initiate the attack.

And you need to stay out of gang areas and avoid police, - otherwise the homies will mostly shoot at them.

The cruiser needs to be hardened a lot, IMHO minimum 10 levels (complete levels 1-2 5 times).

It won't get tough before there's 3 target vehicles, from level 9 and onwards.

It still took a while before I succeeded.

But I don't know how relevant that all is, since a bulletproof police ranger has now been found, which is available from the beginning.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

But I don't know how relevant that all is, since a bulletproof police ranger has now been found, which is available from the beginning.

Where is that BP police Ranger?
I'm sorry if this is something that I should know already, I've been away a long time and I don't remember. And that Ranger is not listed in System Error's guide.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

http://gtaforums.com...us-girlfriends/

• OG Viking likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users