DUN DUN DUN!
71 replies to this topic
G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

If there's anywhere I'd like to see as a setting next, it would be Black Marsh.

Any specific reason?

Don't know, I guess it's because I choose Argonians alot.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Understandable. While I would like to see all regions, I'm most interested in going to Summerset Isles. I'd like to see the birthplace of magic in TES and finally see what all the intrigue with Altmer and Thalmor relations going on.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Understandable. While I would like to see all regions, I'm most interested in going to Summerset Isles. I'd like to see the birthplace of magic in TES and finally see what all the intrigue with Altmer and Thalmor relations going on.

The buildings there are, from what has been described from books throughout the series, amazing. A story involving the Thalmor will be very interesting, but I just want to kill them all, since they want mankind gone (they played the SC against the Imperials in V, and supported both sides, despite the claims by Ulfric that he and his organisation dislike the Thalmor).

A TES game set in Alinor would probably be focused on magic (like how V was on dragons), but I hope that this doesn't give a disadvantage to players who prefer swords to magic.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Screw Tamriel, in fact, screw Nirn. I want the next Elder Scrolls set in the only place that matters, The Shivering Isles. 

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

The buildings there are, from what has been described from books throughout the series, amazing. A story involving the Thalmor will be very interesting, but I just want to kill them all, since they want mankind gone (they played the SC against the Imperials in V, and supported both sides, despite the claims by Ulfric that he and his organisation dislike the Thalmor).

A TES game set in Alinor would probably be focused on magic (like how V was on dragons), but I hope that this doesn't give a disadvantage to players who prefer swords to magic.

I'm sure they could work it in. I mean they were able to work in Khajiit and Argonians in Skyrim, of all places.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm sure they could work it in. I mean they were able to work in Khajiit and Argonians in Skyrim, of all places.

Humans would probably be traders, and the khajiit caravan might be back, if the game is set there. The argonians would probably be slaves, or very poor people, but I have heard that the Thalmor have good ties with their government in Black Marsh, so there could be diplomats from Black marsh.

Of course, the majority of the people there will be altmer, but I expect there to be a good amount of people from other races as well.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Khajit are one of the most interesting and diverse races on Tamriel, I'm tired of them getting the backseat, if we were to see another game set on Nirn, set it some place exciting, jaw-dropping, alien. Such as Valenwood or Elsweyr, both would require a technical marvel of both coding and hardware to be visualized as they truly are, but I believe that with the next generation of consoles finally arriving, we might at last have the tools available to create a game set in either of these two provinces.

I can only imagine what it's like to see a massive, moving, walking, city wander on throughout endless forests, just the thought of it gets a lore-buff in me a little excited, in fact, Bethesda could quite easily make an amazing ES set in the time of the Five Year War, allowing the game to encompass not just one, but two provinces in both Valenwood and Elsweyr. Flushing out that particular time period would not only be interesting, but allow for a literal f*ck-ton of new additions to gameplay. 

Whether they're an Assassin's Creed-esque parkour system for scaling the massive Bosmer's homeland or a fun, deep and visceral upgrade to the combat system. There's a load of stuff in that particular setting that could and really should be capitalised on.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

If there is one feature the next TES game needs, it's skooma addiction. In skyrim Dovahkiin can survive a million skooma bottles without getting addicted. :lol:

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

Agreed, Los Santos Police Department. I thought the drug addiction in FO3/NV worked quite well and I was surprised to a) see none of it in Skyrim and b) see Skooma in particular doing nothing more than restoring some stamina

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Agreed, Los Santos Police Department. I thought the drug addiction in FO3/NV worked quite well and I was surprised to a) see none of it in Skyrim and b) see Skooma in particular doing nothing more than restoring some stamina

The guards don't even attempt to arrest you if you skooma in your inventory, and they say it's "banned across the empire".

I would like a fallout New Vegas style drug addiction system in the next elder scrolls game, and the option to ride a boat, instead of a cutscene like in dragonborn, or a loading screen.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

Addiction is your number one addition you'd like added? Interesting.... I'd like to see more faction/guild politics or maybe even building one from ground up.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 18 November 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Building houses like in hearthfire should definitely make a return in TES 6. 

Oh sh*t, 1000th post :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users