The Elder Scrolls 6

DUN DUN DUN!
71 replies to this topic
GTSabreFan
  • GTSabreFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

@GTSabreFan I've seen that happen before, and it is incredibly frustrating and poorly implemented. It's like the dialogue "Heard the old lady who runs the orphanage got murdered. Say, didn't I see you coming out of there?" They are both terrible and should be removed as they make my guy, who I KNOW is a great thief/assassin who was NOT seen, as I checked everywhere around me, feel like an amateur because of some rubbish like (if 1stBrotherHoodQuest == complete, allow guards to say X) and the same with the thieves. If there are no witnesses, there are no witnesses. It's just like Fallout 3's Karma system

Now what I will say is that New Vegas' system could have been improved upon also. For example, if I killed every legionnare (and therefore every witness), why would my reputation with them suffer? They don't know I did it and so it should be unaffected.

I agree, but the main problem is that they wern't focused on this, this was probably a Late Alpha add-On to the game, that was there to realism, not to mention there a bunch of loop holes.

The Elder Scroll VI IMO will follow the same fate has V , just with upgraded and smoother AI interactions. However, I hope that the AI will at least talk about big stuff that is in a newspaper (If one is added) or local town gossip, pre-quests and post-quests 

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

I simply want my choices to be acknowledged. I can walk through Windhelm in Thalmor Robes and no one gives a damn. I can walk up to Thalmor Justiciars while wearing Thalmor Robes and even they don't give a damn, and when I am asked "Is there something you wish to confess?" I cannot say "No I don't believe Talos should be a part of the pantheon" because I'm forced into a specific role.

Yes, you can. There is a dialog option that the player can trigger when communicating with the Thalmor Justiciars that allows you to refute their claims that Talos is not a divine being, which will result in them attacking the player. Read up on what you say before you so blindly criticize the game.

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by Rawra, 12 September 2013 - 11:53 AM.

I'm aware of being able to do exactly that. It's the thing that I was criticizing

Your 3 dialogue options are 'You got me. I believe in Talos', 'I can worship anyone I want', or to remain silent. What I was asking for is the choice to agree with the Thalmor and say "Yes I too don't believe in Talos etc etc" and have them not be hostile. Perhaps how I worded it was bad.

@GTSabreFan: You just made me remember Oblivion's Black Horse Courier. That was a great feature which made it feel like everyone knew what was happening when something important was done

Edit: I want to expand upon choices:

With regards to the Thalmor dialogue above, let's say I roleplay a simple guy who might favour speech and not too great with combat. Now these Thalmor come up to me and talk with me. I know from what I can see right now, with them taking a Stormcloak prisoner, and from what I have heard, that these guys don't take kindly to Talos worship - you'll either be tortured or executed. When asked by them if I have something to confess, what do I, the guy who prefers to talk his way out of bad situations, do ? I tell them "Yep I'm a Talos worshipper. You got me". This is bad as I want to be able to convince them that I agree 100% with what they believe and that I, too, hate Man and the idea of a Man becoming a god is heretical. After all, I'm trying to roleplay someone who uses his speech to get out of sticky situations

Another scenario is with Jarl Balgruff of Whiterun with the Civil War. Now, I'm a die-hard Nord who values our traditions and most importantly Talos. I helped Jarl Balgruff to deal with the dragon threatening Whiterun, risking my life, and I didn't stop there. I went all over the place and put a stop to Alduin and his intent to devour the world.

So now I'm helping Ulfric Stormcloak out and I'm asked to take his axe to Balgruff, the man I have helped out and who I'm sure now respects me greatly. Now as we know, Balgruff hasn't sided with anyone yet as he is uncertain and likely fears for the repurcussions that could follow if things turn sour. I present to Balgruff Ulfric's axe and he realizes it's time to make a choice. What does he do? He doesn't even bother to ask for my input, the guy who just saved the world and helped Whiterun, and instead asks only Irileth and Proventus. There's no speech check or whatever to get him to side with the Stormcloaks instead.

Semi-related to above: We are lead to believe that dragons aren't mindless animals and are in fact highly intelligent, so why can I not defeat dragons in combat and, instead of killing them, get them to aid me in the Civil War? Then I could stroll up to Balgruff with dragons circling overhead and say "Now are you gonna side with the Stormcloaks or what?"

GTSabreFan
  • GTSabreFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm aware of being able to do exactly that. It's the thing that I was criticizing

Your 3 dialogue options are 'You got me. I believe in Talos', 'I can worship anyone I want', or to remain silent. What I was asking for is the choice to agree with the Thalmor and say "Yes I too don't believe in Talos etc etc" and have them not be hostile. Perhaps how I worded it was bad.

@GTSabreFan: You just made me remember Oblivion's Black Horse Courier. That was a great feature which made it feel like everyone knew what was happening when something important was done

Edit: I want to expand upon choices:

With regards to the Thalmor dialogue above, let's say I roleplay a simple guy who might favour speech and not too great with combat. Now these Thalmor come up to me and talk with me. I know from what I can see right now, with them taking a Stormcloak prisoner, and from what I have heard, that these guys don't take kindly to Talos worship - you'll either be tortured or executed. When asked by them if I have something to confess, what do I, the guy who prefers to talk his way out of bad situations, do ? I tell them "Yep I'm a Talos worshipper. You got me". This is bad as I want to be able to convince them that I agree 100% with what they believe and that I, too, hate Man and the idea of a Man becoming a god is heretical. After all, I'm trying to roleplay someone who uses his speech to get out of sticky situations

Another scenario is with Jarl Balgruff of Whiterun with the Civil War. Now, I'm a die-hard Nord who values our traditions and most importantly Talos. I helped Jarl Balgruff to deal with the dragon threatening Whiterun, risking my life, and I didn't stop there. I went all over the place and put a stop to Alduin and his intent to devour the world.

So now I'm helping Ulfric Stormcloak out and I'm asked to take his axe to Balgruff, the man I have helped out and who I'm sure now respects me greatly. Now as we know, Balgruff hasn't sided with anyone yet as he is uncertain and likely fears for the repurcussions that could follow if things turn sour. I present to Balgruff Ulfric's axe and he realizes it's time to make a choice. What does he do? He doesn't even bother to ask for my input, the guy who just saved the world and helped Whiterun, and instead asks only Irileth and Proventus. There's no speech check or whatever to get him to side with the Stormcloaks instead.

Semi-related to above: We are lead to believe that dragons aren't mindless animals and are in fact highly intelligent, so why can I not defeat dragons in combat and, instead of killing them, get them to aid me in the Civil War? Then I could stroll up to Balgruff with dragons circling overhead and say "Now are you gonna side with the Stormcloaks or what?"

This pisst me off, you can't even talk to the Jarl's and tell them the PRO'S of joining the Rebellion

Another thing is, Mavan Black Brair, I wanted to bring this bitch down so Much in Riften, a great quest arch that Bethesda could've of made, but you simply couldn't. 

I agree, she is in deep with the TG and the DB but she's probably the most corrupt person in the whole f*cking Hold! If I were to make a Anti-Corrupt "Good" non-bribe taking char, you would most likey want to take her down. Bethesda needs to expand on there concept of Good and Bad and respect more outer play styles, not mainstream ones

The Black Horse Courier was nice, if there some sort of "newspaper" in VI, it' should dicate what people know, not to mention if your a Thief or Assassin, you could "persuade" them to letting certain leaks out or what.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

There's so many small things they can do to make TES6 so much better than Skyrim:

More activities. I think it would be cool if you could take over guard duty for a night or day. Just talk to the chief and you hang around a town or stronghold for 12 hours (8-8) and fight off bandits and sh*t. Or filling an order of weapons and armor for a blacksmith on either side of the war. Maybe even expand it so those can be your job. I would have at least one character doing something like that, and a fun way to earn some quick money. Also: merchant quests, realistic economy...make it so you can play as a merchant and you can set up shop in a variety of places.

Call anywhere home. A cave, an Orc stronghold, in a city, or build one. Any place with four walls and a door should be a potential domicile if you throw down a chest and a bedroll. Plus, take a cue from all the camping mods out there and make camping a built-in feature.

Hardcore mode. Like Legendary with it's riciulous damage tables, but also: no waiting, no fast travel, no quest markers, weapon levels get higher (so you don't find them as early), and weather effects. Maybe add in a need to eat and drink like in Fallout, but that's just a maybe. The quest markers should also have an option to be disabled on all difficulties.

Weapon variety. Bring back hand-to-hand and bring back spears. Maybe come up with some new materials too.

Put all that in a well-crafted (and not rushed) game with an intriguing location and you got my $60.

Rawra
  • Rawra

Daedric Prince of Madness

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by Rawra, 13 September 2013 - 09:59 AM.

@Sakuya: I'm not a fan of the difficulty system. I played on Master mode from the start, but I found the Legendary mode beyond stupid - the enemy deals 3* damage while I deal 0.25* damage (or something like that)... why? This doesn't make it difficult, it just makes it tedious and makes battles with an average bandit take a lot longer.

One feature of the mod I use, Requiem, makes weapons deal a lot more damage from the start, but you and the enemies deal 100% damage on eachother. However, enemies now block a lot more with shields, bash you a lot more, and so this ramps up the difficulty in a sensible way which is something I prefer. There's also a mod called ASIS which is similar but the NPCs can also spawn with healing potions which they use commonly.

no waiting

I don't see a problem with that

no fast travel, no quest markers

For fast travel, I'd like it if they integrated real-world methods of travel like Morrowind's teleportation/silt-strider/boat. They added carriages and, in Dawnguard, boat travel which were nice. Although I understand that not everyone has the time to be running to a travel service to get to where they want.

For quest markers, there's no way they could just turn them off seeing as nearly every quest requires you to look at the marker because there are no directions, just "Go to X and find/kill Y" (I've tried ). Quests would have to be made for directions and the ability to ask people around town "Where can I find this place?" etc. which I would love

weapon levels get higher (so you don't find them as early)

So I can find Daedric at level 50, say, instead of 40? Is this what you are talking about? If so I disagree with it and would prefer hand-placed items like in Morrowind where you'd have some dangerous ruins housing rare items and some of the upper-class, like those on the Dren Plantation, also having the rare items. I don't like how, if I go to General Tullius after the CW I get a certain sword, but if I come back 10 levels later, it's suddenly a much better sword.

Weapon variety. Bring back hand-to-hand and bring back spears. Maybe come up with some new materials too.

100% agree

I'd like to have regenerating health removed as it was only after removing it that I realized how much it helped you out in combat and I then had to rely more on potions/restoration which, imo, is how it should be

GTSabreFan
  • GTSabreFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

There's so many small things they can do to make TES6 so much better than Skyrim:

More activities. I think it would be cool if you could take over guard duty for a night or day. Just talk to the chief and you hang around a town or stronghold for 12 hours (8-8) and fight off bandits and sh*t. Or filling an order of weapons and armor for a blacksmith on either side of the war. Maybe even expand it so those can be your job. I would have at least one character doing something like that, and a fun way to earn some quick money. Also: merchant quests, realistic economy...make it so you can play as a merchant and you can set up shop in a variety of places.

Call anywhere home. A cave, an Orc stronghold, in a city, or build one. Any place with four walls and a door should be a potential domicile if you throw down a chest and a bedroll. Plus, take a cue from all the camping mods out there and make camping a built-in feature.

Hardcore mode. Like Legendary with it's riciulous damage tables, but also: no waiting, no fast travel, no quest markers, weapon levels get higher (so you don't find them as early), and weather effects. Maybe add in a need to eat and drink like in Fallout, but that's just a maybe. The quest markers should also have an option to be disabled on all difficulties.

Put all that in a well-crafted (and not rushed) game with an intriguing location and you got my $60.

I like the "Call Anywhere Home Idea"

It could be expanded upon, buy or make camping gear and plop it down in a cave that has been cleared, not to mention have various upgrades like a portable Alchemy Lab

Hardcore mode would really be fun, but there could be a bigger menu, not just "HARDCORE MOD - ON/OFF", some players don't want to get hit with 10x damage on there end, it'll be cool if we can just turn off extra damage and maybe turn on the RPING side of things (EG:Eating and Drink

Hand - to - Hand should of stayed in. It'll be fun to have a Orc that is a beast when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, not to mention Bethesda could add some fun Sneak Killcams (Snapping Necks) or normal killcams 

Spears on the other hand are somewhat of a double edged sword. You see it'll be cool to have a spear but the main thing is, Ranged or Melee? Ranged Spears are epic but at the end of the day, there just bigger arrows with pointer ends. Melee spears are cool has well, but animation wise and to program them.. it'll get messy

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

no fast travel, no quest markers

For fast travel, I'd like it if they integrated real-world methods of travel like Morrowind's teleportation/silt-strider/boat. They added carriages and, in Dawnguard, boat travel which were nice. Although I understand that not everyone has the time to be running to a travel service to get to where they want.

For quest markers, there's no way they could just turn them off seeing as nearly every quest requires you to look at the marker because there are no directions, just "Go to X and find/kill Y" (I've tried ). Quests would have to be made for directions and the ability to ask people around town "Where can I find this place?" etc. which I would love

weapon levels get higher (so you don't find them as early)

So I can find Daedric at level 50, say, instead of 40? Is this what you are talking about? If so I disagree with it and would prefer hand-placed items like in Morrowind where you'd have some dangerous ruins housing rare items and some of the upper-class, like those on the Dren Plantation, also having the rare items. I don't like how, if I go to General Tullius after the CW I get a certain sword, but if I come back 10 levels later, it's suddenly a much better sword.

As for the quest marker thing: yeah, I mean make it feasible and an option. They need to flesh out the dialogue to add more details.

As for the weapon levels: I would dig hand-placed weapons so much, but I mean for enemy drops and random chests. Just put the hand-placed ones in appropriately difficult dungeons.

That Requiem mod sounds pretty sweet. I'd be down with that being implemented, along with the return of real-world travel methods.

@GTSabreFan: I like your Hardcore menu idea. I'd prefer melee spears (I guess then they'd be called pikes? Or halberds? Something like that...) and maybe have ranged ones too. I know it's difficult to implement, but if they actually spent some time on it, they would figure it out.

Basically, they just need to stop being lazy.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

I know there's an Asian-like continent east of tamriel. Maybe we'll go there for once

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by Bonfy, 14 September 2013 - 06:24 PM.

I remember back in the days when Skyrim was released, I read an interview with Todd Howard where he stated that after Skyrim the whole Elder Scrolls world would have undergone a major re-shaping (a.k.a. cataclysm or something like that) and they would have started fresh with the next Elder Scrolls game.

Sadly I can't prove what I'm saying 'cause I can't be bothered to find a single interview out of the billions they made in that period, so it's up to you to believe me or not.

EDIT: Ah btw, Todd Howard is Game Director and Executive Producer at Bethesda.

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

If they make another, I really hope that they do something outside of "the one" storyline.

I mean, every ES game, we always have to be some kind of reincarnated god and the savior of mankind. Now that's cool and all, but for once I'd like to just be a nobody and do my own thing.

I hated that the world was supposed to revolve around the player,  I want to just start out in an open free world and go do whatever I feel like. I don't want to be forced into some hero in the making story, maybe I just want to be an assassin or an explorer.

My point, the game should really be open and let you decide exactly what your are going to be. Whether it's a god or a commoner. 

GTSabreFan
  • GTSabreFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

If they make another, I really hope that they do something outside of "the one" storyline.

I mean, every ES game, we always have to be some kind of reincarnated god and the savior of mankind. Now that's cool and all, but for once I'd like to just be a nobody and do my own thing.

I hated that the world was supposed to revolve around the player,  I want to just start out in an open free world and go do whatever I feel like. I don't want to be forced into some hero in the making story, maybe I just want to be an assassin or an explorer.

My point, the game should really be open and let you decide exactly what your are going to be. Whether it's a god or a commoner. 

Oblivion was somewhat there, you were just set into a random jailcell but with luck you escaped.

I'd enjoy if your char is a Mercenaiare or just a low caste, but trying to get his fame up

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

I like it, especially since it's more a piss-take on the whole chosen one trope than anything else. Like you're destined to save the world from total destruction, but you're also a villainous jerk... and a vampire.

At this point it borders on being more of a quasi running gag than a serious attempt at narrative. Like in Skyrim you're the last dragonborn, the prophesied hero of every guild (seriously, pay attention, there's something cosmic about your role in every guild's story), the vampire messiah (or the one destined to thwart them, but seriously, who sided with the Dawnguard?) and the personal champion of every Daedric Prince.

What I took away from the end of Dragonborn was that you're given your power by the Divines/Daedra so you can serve them and they don't really care if you rob people and suck blood in your downtime. 

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:14 PM Edited by Greenline, 15 September 2013 - 01:37 PM.

I didn't read beyond the first page, but how about going beyond Tamriel? Akavir (based on the Far East) could be interesting.

TESO took away the possibility of another Arena style full-Tamriel game (out of fear that they'll be condemned for laziness), and the remaining provinces are either too bland or too 'out of place' for the series.

One more province remains though, Morrowind has gotten a huge re-design with the Red Mountain business, and sales would likely be very high from the nostalgic crowd (which could backfire on Bethesda because it wasn't as good, as things rarely are when you're nostalgic), and maybe the new completely ravaged Morrowind could be a nice place to set the game.

On being a God, that's CHIM for you.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Like someone already pointed out,I really hate how the guards know everything.They automatically know I'm the listener of the dark brotherhood,a member of the thieves guild,arch-mage of the college of winterhold and so on.It really breaks my immersion.

It'd be a nice twist to have it set in Pyandonea,maybe an exploration party or something.It sounds nothing like any elder scrolls setting yet.

GTSabreFan
  • GTSabreFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by GTSabreFan, 15 September 2013 - 02:08 PM.

Like someone already pointed out,I really hate how the guards know everything.They automatically know I'm the listener of the dark brotherhood,a member of the thieves guild,arch-mage of the college of winterhold and so on.It really breaks my immersion.

It'd be a nice twist to have it set in Pyandonea,maybe an exploration party or something.It sounds nothing like any elder scrolls setting yet.

Tbh, Tamerial hasn't been done yet.. and we know how lazy bethesda can get, so they may just focus on milking out Tamerial for the time being

One more province remains though, Morrowind has gotten a huge re-design with the Red Mountain business, and sales would likely be very high from the nostalgic crowd (which could backfire on Bethesda because it wasn't as good, as things rarely are when you're nostalgic), and maybe the new completely ravaged Morrowind could be a nice place to set the game.

Morrowind re-vamped would be nice. An Era and a half after the eruption of Red Moutain

A prefect "main quest" could be, your trying a sister or a brother of whatever race you are for whatever reason, however you get dragged into a whole bigger plot and which your left to solve and will change the landscape of Morrowind forever

I want Vvanderfall or the Summerset Isles, even Black Marsh but I wouldn't mind Hammerfall. All these provinces have a good possibly "Main Quest" Arch, 

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I want Vvanderfall or the Summerset Isles, even Black Marsh but I wouldn't mind Hammerfall. All these provinces have a good possibly "Main Quest" Arch,

I'm assuming you mean Valenwood and not Vvardenfell, there isn't much on the latter other than the red mountain, but the former is a heavily forested region home to the Wood Elves (Bosmer).

GTSabreFan
  • GTSabreFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'm assuming you mean Valenwood and not Vvardenfell, there isn't much on the latter other than the red mountain, but the former is a heavily forested region home to the Wood Elves (Bosmer).

God Damn it, thank you

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I hope it's in Valenwood, I'd just love the vivid forest aspect instead of the dull skyrim. I also would like that to shed some more light on the Bosmer. They're actually a very vicious race, when they kill a foe or enemy. they will eat that person to not let it go to waste. Theyre kinda like the extreme enviromentalists of Tamriel. :p 

GTSabreFan
  • GTSabreFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:55 AM Edited by GTSabreFan, 16 September 2013 - 01:56 AM.

I hope it's in Valenwood, I'd just love the vivid forest aspect instead of the dull skyrim. I also would like that to shed some more light on the Bosmer. They're actually a very vicious race, when they kill a foe or enemy. they will eat that person to not let it go to waste. Theyre kinda like the extreme enviromentalists of Tamriel. :p

The Mages Guild would be epic of Valenwood, but Wood Elfs aren't really known for magic.. but since the Thalmor are still in Valenwood..possibility's..

I'd accuatly like to see a Thalmor run Mages Guild, and the player would have to aid in research and either support the Thalmor at the end or Merely make the mages guild a  "Independent" thing

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Another thing about Valenwood is the Imga.

"Imga see the High Elves as their lords and masters, and as a portrait of an ideal, civilized society. Great Apes go to desperate measures to emulate the High Elves: they wear capes, practice with the dueling sword, and attempt to speak with perfect enunciation and courtly manners despite their gravelly, baritone voices. Each Imga bears some kind of title, be it Baron, Duke, Earl, or the like, which they use when addressing the members of the Thalmor (needless to say, there are no landowning Great Apes). More extreme Great Apes shave their bodies and powder their skin white to seem more like the High Elves. They often cut themselves in the process, creating the truly pathetic picture of a naked white Ape, skin dotted pink with blood, strutting around the trading posts of Valenwood with mock nobility. The Imga feel that humans are beneath them as lesser beastfolk, and pretend to find their smell exceedingly offensive - a Great Ape holds a perfumed corner of his cape to his nose when Men are around."

Yeah, love to see these.

Anyways, Valenwood is horrible when it comes to Size. But combining it with Elsweyr makes the landmass about as big as Skyrim.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

I have a feeling we won't see VI for a very long time.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Even though I'd love to see Valenwood and/or Elsweyr, I think it's pretty much a guarantee that 6 will be in Hammerfell. It'll probably carry on the Empire v. Thalmor conflict, which has been stated to be particularly fierce in Hammerfell. It also seems unlikely that a beast race would have it's own game, and Bosmer really don't have the same draw as Dunmer or Altmer. Don't get me wrong , Bosmer are mt 3rd favorite race behind Khajiit and Bretons. Also, those two provinces seem to have very small roles in the whole conflict. We'd probably see Summerset Isles before we'd see them in a main game.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'm hoping for Summerset isles and extensive spell combination options.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:34 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 14 November 2013 - 08:35 PM.

If Elder Scrolls Online is a success, I can't imagine there being a new single-player installment for a long time, especially considering Online will feature most regions of Tamriel as playable locations.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Autosaving...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:45 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 14 November 2013 - 08:46 PM.

If Elder Scrolls Online is a success, I can't imagine there being a new single-player installment for a long time, especially considering Online will feature most regions of Tamriel as playable locations.

Don't forget the fact that the ESO is subscription based, and that XBL and the next gen PSN will also cost money. This means that not everyone will want to spend additional money on TESO, since the online for their console also costs money..

There will be another single player elder scrolls game, and I hope it involves more than one province, maybe Hammerfell and Summerset isle? Those are the places I really want to see in the next elder scrolls game.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Don't forget the fact that the ESO is subscription based, and that XBL and the next gen PSN will also cost money. This means that not everyone will want to spend additional money on TESO, since the online for their console also costs money..

There will be another single player elder scrolls game, and I hope it involves more than one province, maybe Hammerfell and Summerset isle? Those are the places I really want to see in the next elder scrolls game.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I could see them splitting, where one title is MMO/Mltiplayer and another is single player only. Keep in mind, ESO is developed by Zenimax (with Beth's "input") and not Bethesda. I think there will always be some kind of single player Elder Scrolls title.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

If there's anywhere I'd like to see as a setting next, it would be Black Marsh.

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

If there's anywhere I'd like to see as a setting next, it would be Black Marsh.

Any specific reason?

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users