gta5 grove famlies franklin cj
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
188 replies to this topic
Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

I never got this whole CJ thing. In my opinion, he is the worst character in the whole GTA franchise. 

• tom_p1980 and ViceCityBestGame like this

tawlfello
  • tawlfello

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I never got this whole CJ thing. In my opinion, he is the worst character in the whole GTA franchise. 

Are you serious? His voice actor was void of any real emotion, but other than that he changed gta forever! U mention grove st everybody knows what your talking about!

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

If the protagonist is black he gets no love. People don't like CJ because he's black. Lets just put it on the table and not beat around the bush. No sugar coating.

CJ had the most immersive and deepest story line out of Claude and Tommy, ain't no denying that. He's a lot more iconic and memorable than they are and i'll even go as far as saying that CJ is R*'s landmark protagonist, the most recognizable out of the bunch. He represents the GTA name. You ask someone if they played GTA and they'll more than likely say yea San Andreas.

If a couple of Internet nerds hate on CJ then big f*cking deal who cares? He's still popular with 99 percent of GTAs core fan base and a lot of people would love too see him referenced. The houser brothers aren't stupid, there's no doubt that there's gonna be a CJ reference in this game.

He's an icon and it would be stupid to not have him shouted out. I'm not saying the other guys weren't popular but they can't touch CJ in terms of popularity. It's not about holding on to the past, it's about R* creating a memorable character that a lot of people can relate too and loved thus its hard to forget the impact he made when he first appeared. The guy left a memory.

Only little soft ass kids who were probably bullied and hold resentment towards anything that represents the urban culture of life will find something wrong with CJ.

Grow the f*ck up.

Ye well he's not going to be in GTA V, other than a little easter egg like appearing on an advert, so get over it.

LegendOfTheWest
  • LegendOfTheWest

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

I completely agree. Rockstar needs to listen to the fans and bring back the much loved Characters from the previous games. It would make sense to do it. I don't see the reason why they don't.

tawlfello
  • tawlfello

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

If the protagonist is black he gets no love. People don't like CJ because he's black. Lets just put it on the table and not beat around the bush. No sugar coating.

CJ had the most immersive and deepest story line out of Claude and Tommy, ain't no denying that. He's a lot more iconic and memorable than they are and i'll even go as far as saying that CJ is R*'s landmark protagonist, the most recognizable out of the bunch. He represents the GTA name. You ask someone if they played GTA and they'll more than likely say yea San Andreas.

If a couple of Internet nerds hate on CJ then big f*cking deal who cares? He's still popular with 99 percent of GTAs core fan base and a lot of people would love too see him referenced. The houser brothers aren't stupid, there's no doubt that there's gonna be a CJ reference in this game.

He's an icon and it would be stupid to not have him shouted out. I'm not saying the other guys weren't popular but they can't touch CJ in terms of popularity. It's not about holding on to the past, it's about R* creating a memorable character that a lot of people can relate too and loved thus its hard to forget the impact he made when he first appeared. The guy left a memory.

Only little soft ass kids who were probably bullied and hold resentment towards anything that represents the urban culture of life will find something wrong with CJ.

Grow the f*ck up.

THANK U SIR. CJ CHANGED GTA FOREVER

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Christ......

CJ hurrrrrrrr CJ durrrrrrrrrrr CJ CJ CJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! derpppppppppp

You people just can't let go, can you?....... 

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I completely agree. Rockstar needs to listen to the fans and bring back the much loved Characters from the previous games. It would make sense to do it. I don't see the reason why they don't.

Not even all fans agree that "much loved" characters should come back. Just look at this thread or other threads and you will see that a good amount don't want someone like CJ to come back. Listening to fans doesn't mean listening to every single idea of every single fan.

I hope old characters don't come back. Bringing back characters for a cameo tends to weaken the old character. For example, CJ has had his time to shine, making him come back can too easily lead to disappointment due to what has happened to him after so many years. I stand by Rockstar's decision to hide behind "different universes" which is just a way to not mess up the continuation of canon. In too many game series the continuation eventually gets messy because there are just so many things to keep track of. I much rather have Rockstar focus on new stories instead of being bogged down by what came before, a clean slate.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

@GSF Green Flag

Actually, you're wrong fella. CJ is NOT the most popular GTA protag. Out of the many, many poll's I've seen on the internet - and I've seen alot over the years - Tommy Vercetti ALWAYS comes out on top, with either Claude or Niko in second.

But let me guess, that's because we're all racist, right?.........

:yawn: 

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Once again this discussion has turned into a racial argument.

Things like this are what make me lose faith in humanity...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users