• This topic is locked This topic is locked
188 replies to this topic
tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

f*ck CJ and f*ck Grove Street. So sick of hearing about this sh*t. One of the first things I'm doing is going to Grove Street and ruthlessly murdering everyone there just because of this forum. And Online, anybody who hangs around Grove is gonna catch a shotgun shell right in the teeth.

So true.

I'll +rep you too asap.  :^:

F*ck GTA San Andreas, it's 2013 not 2005 people should move on.

• MovieGuy786 likes this

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:50 AM Edited by zainzombie, 09 September 2013 - 07:52 AM.

I'm not sure if he will be outright mentioned, but there definitely will be something, a subtle hint of his existence in Los Santos. A graffiti, the Johnsons house, his jetpack found in the ocean, his picture or something.

Iv had Claude's jacket, why wouldn't they add something of CJ in V? I don't see any reason why they wont.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Please explain to me how can CJ live in two different San Andreas, one with three cities and one with only one city and countryside?

Go on...

Explain to me how Groove Street apparently is going to look the same, but amazingly be in two different San Andreas. Going off what someone posted on IGN said about it. 

Yeah, smart ass, no one really knows how this is all going down. 

Did you even heard of a thing called easter egg? 

And by the way there are atleast 3 different streets similliar to Grove according to videos and screens.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

OK here's my shot at trying to explain this. GTA V is like a different movie that takes place in Los Santos. Still with me?

Now since these are different movies you can't expect to run into the same characters from other stories just because they take place in the same setting. Take a breather now.

It be stupid to tell a story with all these characters existing in the same place as it would raise too many questions. Since R* has no interest in rehashing old storylines you thus get an "alternate universe". Yep a universe that doesn't have all the big events from the SanAn storyline,

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:52 AM Edited by IchliebeDeutscheland, 09 September 2013 - 07:52 AM.

@SideburnGuru, if you simply start recreating things from the past, suddenly everything that is "new" feels old and familiar. I don't want CJ's house to be in the game, because that was in San Andreas. I feel the same way about all the other things you mentioned. I want new areas, new streets, new characters - in other words, I want a new game. 

..Okay, so you have to have everything new? 

Then you know what? Don't even call it Groove Street then. If you're going to revist an older area from another game, you can have new things. Not EVERYTHING has to be different. It would still be a new game.  

It's not called Groove Street at all. I hate all those "groovy" people. It's Grove Street. :D

• LennieSmall likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:52 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 09 September 2013 - 07:52 AM.

Please explain to me how can CJ live in two different San Andreas, one with three cities and one with only one city and countryside?

Go on...

Explain to me how Groove Street apparently is going to look the same, but amazingly be in two different San Andreas. Going off what someone posted on IGN said about it. 

And by the way there are atleast 3 different streets similliar to Grove according to videos and screens.

Care to post those? 

Why call them Grove Street in the alternative universe? Why have The Ballas in? It's an alternative universe, right?  

Yeah, this alternate universe thing conviently contradicts itself when it feels like it. Let's not act like anything is for sure with these alternate universes. 

OGF_
  • OGF_

Chicago Resident

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

It would be a welcome surprise. I really hate the whole "different universe" crap, because it not only derails harmless threads like this, but also eliminates many cool possibilities about ways Rockstar could implement tie ins from the past.

It would be cool to see CJ as an older guy and see what happened to him, as well as other characters from Grove Street, which strangely enough, has survived a trip from that "different universe", along with Sprunk and many other things.

This

The "different universe" thing doesn't make sense

It does, everything was different. If we were to meet CJ for example and he was to show us his house where it exactly would it be on the GTA V map? Sure there is a grove street, but your not going to find f*ckin ryders house, or Madd Doggs house.

Why the hell not? 

It's not like their houses were from ancient times. They may be remodeled, but the street would still be there, and there probably should be some ghetto/old houses there too.  

Do houses in your area get revamped every year, to stay new and fresh? 

The "universe seperation" thing is completely stupid. Especially for a company like R* who deals well in making great characters. 

Look at GTA III and GTA IV, 2 games based 10 years apart. What is the whole f*ckin city going to change like that in just 10 years? learn to let go because I guarantee you will never see or hear of those charactors again. And trust me places like the ghetto they live in stay like that, they don't bulldoze nor fix them up hence why it's always so f*ckin ugly when u go to ghettos.

That's what I literally just f*cking said.  

It's Groove Street. It's a ghetto ass area. Things shouldn't have changed, that much. Least R* could do to throw a nod towards the old fans is have their houses the same. New ownership, paint job? Sure. 

Same houses? Why not. It's the ghetto, like you just said. Things shouldn't be automatically different if they truly are including Groove Street in this game. 

My point is that they are in another dimension, A WHOLE NEW WORLD. They mention Tommy in gta sa. Donald Love is in like 2 of them ( vc n III ) . Have you ever heard anyone mentioned in any of the GTA's before IV on IV. NO. All they are doing is keeping the damn names. Tell you what if they mention any gta char from previous GEN please do so tell me. That includes ones after V.

you won't

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

It would be a horrible, horrible decision to suddenly start putting characters from previous games and continue their stories. Eastern Eggs? sure, but nothing more.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:54 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 09 September 2013 - 07:54 AM.

It would be a welcome surprise. I really hate the whole "different universe" crap, because it not only derails harmless threads like this, but also eliminates many cool possibilities about ways Rockstar could implement tie ins from the past.

It would be cool to see CJ as an older guy and see what happened to him, as well as other characters from Grove Street, which strangely enough, has survived a trip from that "different universe", along with Sprunk and many other things.

This

The "different universe" thing doesn't make sense

It does, everything was different. If we were to meet CJ for example and he was to show us his house where it exactly would it be on the GTA V map? Sure there is a grove street, but your not going to find f*ckin ryders house, or Madd Doggs house.

Why the hell not? 

It's not like their houses were from ancient times. They may be remodeled, but the street would still be there, and there probably should be some ghetto/old houses there too.  

Do houses in your area get revamped every year, to stay new and fresh? 

The "universe seperation" thing is completely stupid. Especially for a company like R* who deals well in making great characters. 

Look at GTA III and GTA IV, 2 games based 10 years apart. What is the whole f*ckin city going to change like that in just 10 years? learn to let go because I guarantee you will never see or hear of those charactors again. And trust me places like the ghetto they live in stay like that, they don't bulldoze nor fix them up hence why it's always so f*ckin ugly when u go to ghettos.

That's what I literally just f*cking said.  

It's Groove Street. It's a ghetto ass area. Things shouldn't have changed, that much. Least R* could do to throw a nod towards the old fans is have their houses the same. New ownership, paint job? Sure. 

Same houses? Why not. It's the ghetto, like you just said. Things shouldn't be automatically different if they truly are including Groove Street in this game. 

My point is that they are in another dimension, A WHOLE NEW WORLD. They mention Tommy in gta sa. Donald Love is in like 2 of them ( vc n III ) . Have you ever heard anyone mentioned in any of the GTA's before IV on IV. NO. All they are doing is keeping the damn names. Tell you what if they mention any gta char from previous GEN please do so tell me. That includes ones after V.

you won't

The Ballas. 

They apparently wear purple, just like their previous generation selves did.  

Love Fist. You don't see them, but clearly mentioned in GTA 4.   

Don't know if it counts, but the academy in Bully was mentioned in GTA 4.  

And wasn't Lazlow Jones in mostly all the games? 

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:56 AM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 09 September 2013 - 07:57 AM.

Go on...

Care to post those? 

Why call them Grove Street in the alternative universe? Why have The Ballas in? It's an alternative universe, right?  

Yeah, this alternate universe thing conviently contradicts itself when it feels like it. Let's not act like anything is for sure with these alternate universes. 

Would you rather have new gang names or the old ones? Would you want to have two cities base on LA but with different names?   

Would you want major protagonist to jump from one different city, into another without any sense?

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Go on...

Care to post those? 

Would you rather have new gang names or the old ones? Would you rather have two cities base on LA but with different names?   

Would you want major protagonist to jump from one different city, into another without any sense?

Hey, don't ask me. Ask the theory everyone else here uses. "ALTENRATE UNIVERSE MEANS NOTHING CAN APPEAR AGAIN." Right? So, CJ shouldn't appear. Why the hell should The Ballas or Groove Street even be mentioned or appear? 

Same thing with Lazlow. Or... are we conviently leaving SOME things to reappear in some kind of different standard. 

OGF_
  • OGF_

Chicago Resident

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:59 AM Edited by T-Bom, 09 September 2013 - 08:00 AM.

Go on...

And from what IGN said, it's groove street. You'll know it. So, it's technically a contradiction. 

Infact, if this is a whole other universe, why even include The Ballas? 

http://youtu.be/AWFNUAQNBFs?t=9s look at that video ffs. 

Since Grove Street is in gta v, let's see if they mention the founder 'sweet'. New Gen, new story. and the ballas is just an idea aka a gang not a person in general.

• rklc likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

The lack of education a lot of people have here about how the universes of GTA differ is just.... ......

Brands and characters who weren't seen in the flesh can cross universes.  That's why Love Fist, Sprunk, car brands, Lazlow, and a few other things can cross universes.  Grove Street Families and Ballas are names of gangs.  That's essentially a brand, which is why they can cross universes.  If Rockstart decided to give the gangs brand new names, a bunch of the San Andreas fanboys would be extremely butthurt.

I don't even understand why you guys are so obsessed with CJ anyway.  Stop wanting him in the game.  Remember when GTA 4 came out?  Did everyone spam about wanting Claude back in the game?  No.  We got 2 subtle easter eggs about him, which were his outfit in Playboy's house and the graffiti saying "R.I.P Claude".  Don't expect anything massive about CJ in GTA 5.  His house wont return.  He wont appear in the game for extremely obvious (apparently not so obvious to some people) reasons.  He is considered a mythical creature and is also considered dead.

Now, stop the discussion that will never go anywhere.  CJ is not in the game.  Done.

• texanfanatic99 and OGF_ like this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:01 AM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 09 September 2013 - 08:02 AM.

Lazlow has different storylines in HD and SD era.

Ballas and other gang names are just names. What sounds more logical to you: Create new names for everything ( new city name, new vehicle names, new gang names etc..) or re-use old ones?

Can you understand that characters which hasnt been physically in previous games can be physically in GTA V and vice versa.

wild aminal it is
  • wild aminal it is

"Nice Marmot"

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

There'll probably be some kind of reference, if not actual appearance, of CJ, or Caesar, or somebody from 'San Andreas'. Too many others nods, as already mentioned, to pass that up. I'm thinking it could be The Truth, since this game has to do with weed and other drugs. Could be one of the surprises still in store.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Go on...

And from what IGN said, it's groove street. You'll know it. So, it's technically a contradiction. 

Since Grove Street is in gta v, let's see if they mention the founder 'sweet'. New Gen, new story. and the ballas is just an idea aka a gang not a person in general.

But.. they still exist. See, stop making so many f*cking excuses for this thing. There are serious holes, and "WELL, THAT'S OKAY.". 

No, if you're going to cancel out one thing from a universe, you cancel it all out. You shouldn't be able to bring up the names of the previous games. If R* wants to stay consistant with this sh*t, it should be all or nothing. 

The lack of education a lot of people have here about how the universes of GTA differ is just.... ......

Brands and characters who weren't seen in the flesh can cross universes.  That's why Love Fist, Sprunk, car brands, Lazlow, and a few other things can cross universes.  Grove Street Families and Ballas are names of gangs.  That's essentially a brand, which is why they can cross universes.  If Rockstart decided to give the gangs brand new names, a bunch of the San Andreas fanboys would be extremely butthurt.

I don't even understand why you guys are so obsessed with CJ anyway.  Stop wanting him in the game.  Remember when GTA 4 came out?  Did everyone spam about wanting Claude back in the game?  No.  We got 2 subtle easter eggs about him, which were his outfit in Playboy's house and the graffiti saying "R.I.P Claude".  Don't expect anything massive about CJ in GTA 5.  His house wont return.  He wont appear in the game for extremely obvious (apparently not so obvious to some people) reasons.  He is considered a mythical creature and is also considered dead.

Now, stop the discussion that will never go anywhere.  CJ is not in the game.  Done.

http://gta.wikia.com/Lazlow_Jones 

Try again.  

Also? So.. they can dress the same as they did in the other universe too. Right? And Groove Street can just magically have the same near, and damn near the same appearance in a whole new universe. 

People will make up any f*cking excuse, I swear. And yeah, some of us aren't wanting him in the game. Some people ARE saying just a mention. 

Read the damn thread, and you'd realize that. 

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Lazlow has different storylines in HD and SD era.

Ballas and other gang names are just names. What sounds more logical to you: Create new names for everything ( new city name, new vehicle names, new gang names etc..) or re-use old ones?

Can you understand that characters which hasnt been physically in previous games can be physically in GTA V and vice versa.

Actually, has story has apparently crossed over from the last games. 

Going off all you can get by him. 

And it's not just names. They dress the same exact way as they did before. And the street, you even said resembles STRONGLY from past Grove Street, right? That's not a bit ridiculous to put in? It's supposed to be a "WHOLE NEW UNIVERSE." 

Sorry, I just love how we pick and choose what we cross over. 

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

THE STREET IS A f*ckING EASTER EGG YOU RETARD

Lazlow is not a major character and he was only on artwork of GTA 3 and he has different storylines, ffs just stop.

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

If there's a CJ in the story, then it's not the same person, nor has it ever been.

If Grove Street is in the world, then it's not the same Grove Street, nor has it ever been.

Parallel universes, deal with it.

OGF_
  • OGF_

Chicago Resident

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Go on...

But.. they still exist. See, stop making so many f*cking excuses for this thing. There are serious holes, and "WELL, THAT'S OKAY.". 

No, if you're going to cancel out one thing from a universe, you cancel it all out. You shouldn't be able to bring up the names of the previous games. If R* wants to stay consistant with this sh*t, it should be all or nothing. 

Try again.  

Also? So.. they can dress the same as they did in the other universe too. Right? And Groove Street can just magically have the same near, and damn near the same appearance in a whole new universe. 

People will make up any f*cking excuse, I swear. And yeah, some of us aren't wanting him in the game. Some people ARE saying just a mention. 

oh you cancel everything out? who the f*ck came up with that? Then tell me why they didn't, pls stare at that video i posted for awhile longer. I'm done arguing about this. Let go of the past games.

• rklc likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

THE STREET IS A f*ckING EASTER EGG YOU RETARD

Lazlow is not a major character and he was only on artwork of GTA 3 and he has different storylines, ffs just stop.

YOU f*ckING IDIOT, IT'S NOT AN EASTER EGG IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO THERE, AND THEY CALL IT GROVE STREET. THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT AN EASTER EGG, IT MAKES IT AN ACTUAL LOCATION IN THE GAME.  AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE GAME, SO HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW? 

LOOK, I CAN DO CAPS LOCK TOO. 

Actually, his story line continued. As my link proved. You know, sources. Something you've been leaving out for awhile now. 

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Go on...

Try again.  

oh you cancel everything out? who the f*ck came up with that? Then tell me why they didn't, pls stare at that video i posted for awhile longer. I'm done arguing about this. Let go of the past games.

Going off the video you posted, it's obvious R* doesn't want to let go of the past games completely either, with all the mentionings they do with it. 

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:09 AM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 09 September 2013 - 08:10 AM.

I quote from your source:

Note that the storylines of the 3D Universe and HD Universeare not related

Please show me another source which says the street is called Grove St.?

Youre just making fun of yourself.

Dont post IGN sh*t thats not a proof.

rklc
  • rklc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

Go on...

Try again.  

Going off the video you posted, it's obvious R* doesn't want to let go of the past games completely either, with all the mentionings they do with it. 

Yes they wanted to make it clear so idiots in the future wouldn't have this argument. now stfu and move on.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:10 AM Edited by Fail_At_GTA, 09 September 2013 - 08:14 AM.

SideburnGuru, you are starting to top greenrock.  You don't want to do that.

I'll start using your "logic" now.  Grove Street Families cant use the colour green in the HD universe because they did in the 3D universe, right?  Well, I guess cars shouldn't have tires or doors because that was in the 3D universe.  The US Bank Tower shouldn't return either because it was in the 3D universe.  Why stop there?  Lets remove all the windows from the HD universe because windows existed in the 3D universe as well.

So as you can see, all of your posts sound utterly retarded.

Oh and one more thing: Lazlow's story can cross universes because he has never appeared in the flesh.  You seemed to ignore that in my first post when I clearly said that characters who haven't appeared in the flesh can cross universes.  Lazlow hasn't appeared in the flesh until GTA 5, so his story can continue in the HD universe.  If there is a universe after the HD universe, which I doubt there will be, Lazlow will not be able to cross universes again.

Ok, one more thing...  You should learn how to not double post.  You have double posted more than one time on the same page.  Learn how to edit posts please.

• IchliebeDeutscheland and rklc like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I quote from your source:

Note that the storylines of the 3D Universe and HD Universeare not related

Please show me another source which says the street is called Grove St.?

Youre just making fun of yourself.

Dont post IGN sh*t thats not a proof.

Gladly. 

And yeah, it's proof. It's from their Let's Play. 

http://www.ign.com/a...-points-of-view 

When the game comes out, and you are in Grove St? I'll accept your apology, bitch. 

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

He put in a lot of work for the famlies, hes a ledgend, a hood legend, u think gang bangers will talk about him in the game. It only makes sense.

No, that doesn't make sense. CJ doesn't exist in the HD universe. Go back and play San Andreas if you like CJ so much.

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

I'll start using your "logic" now.  Grove Street Families cant use the colour green in the HD universe because they did in the 3D universe, right?  Well, I guess cars shouldn't have tires or doors because that was in the 3D universe.  The US Bank Tower shouldn't return either because it was in the 3D universe.  Why stop there?  Lets remove all the windows from the HD universe because windows existed in the 3D universe as well.

His posts are completely fine. All you other people are going apesh*t though. He just wants some consistency, that's all.

• SideburnGuru likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

No, that's the logic of every ass here. I have no issue with them doing that personally, but I'm striking down on that "NOTHING FROM THE OTHER UNIVERSE" rule, that gets so frequently changed without the users on this board.

So tell me, what would honestly stop them from doing some kind of MENTIONING. NOT f*ckING APPEARANCE, of CJ in this game? It doesn't have to be the CJ we all knew. 

It could just be in the dialouge about CJ, or Big Smoke. As you said though, it's just a name, right? Doesn't mean they can't use it. 

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

You can talk about Claude and Tommy as much as you want.  You can say that Vice City was your favorite game and that would be cool but as soon as you mention CJ and/or San Andreas, these guys start attacking you.  Stop telling us to let it go, it's part of the lore of the franchise.  Just because Rockstar pushed their imaginary reset button does not mean that we're going to pretend that San Andreas never happened.  It's reasonable that there should be some reference to CJ even in this new version of Los Santos.

this :^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users