New look forum not great on iPad

Problems when on iPad
22 replies to this topic
M-B
  • M-B

A dope trailer is no place for a kitty.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Ok so I know it will be locked cause it doesn't belong in this section and that is fine. I apologise in advance but I wasn't sure where to post it,

The new look forum isn't very iPad friendly however. I note a lot of the funny as GIFs don't work as well anymore and a lot of the topics get squished to the side cutting a lot of what has been said in someone's post. Especially when a vid is posted. I'm not sure how many people browse here on an iPad or indeed if anyone who does has noticed this. Just thought I'd let someone know incase it had slipped there attention.

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

I've noticed that YouTube clips get cut off, but otherwise it's all good. .gifs seam to work fine on mine?

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:21 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

I browse this on an iPod at times but you can't even quote anyone in the mobile version. And if you use the normal site it is impossible to type anything since you can't even see what you are typing.

The old forum did work.

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Yes I'm on iPad and have same problems as you. You cant edit your font or add images to a post or anything either.

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Get an android device... f*ckin crapple sh*t. My HP Touchpad works great on it. Try downloading a different browser from the app store.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Also the new look is very bad on mobile,slow as f*ck.i hope they can change that.

Kemo66
  • Kemo66

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

I browse this on an iPod at times but you can't even quote anyone in the mobile version. And if you use the normal site it is impossible to type anything since you can't even see what you are typing.

The old forum did work.

You can (I just have) - you just need to tap the post you want to quote and it opens up with the quote option underneath it. It's not obvious, but works well once you discover it.

Europa
  • Europa

Dreamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Who cares? In less then a week from now we all will have to leave the forums not to get spoiled lol

Mathew25
  • Mathew25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

It's the same for me as well on a ipad although the update did look fine for a while,now it looks like its been squashed onto the page as for gifs I find that they don't show while scrolling but if I tap the page to stop they work fine,might just be me but wouldn't hurt to try it.

Does anyone know if there is a mobile version as well as a web version as normally tablets go for the Mobile version,if not this would explain the squashed look as the ipad is trying to convet it.

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

PUT BIG HD GTA V PICTURE BEHIND TOPIC

Syntax323
  • Syntax323

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Biggest annoyance to me, is if their is multiple pages you can't get to the last page. Have to click next till you ge t to last page, and I'm not doing that if there is a bunch of pages.

Maybe on.missing something?

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

It's the same for me as well on a ipad although the update did look fine for a while,now it looks like its been squashed onto the page as for gifs I find that they don't show while scrolling but if I tap the page to stop they work fine,might just be me but wouldn't hurt to try it.
Does anyone know if there is a mobile version as well as a web version as normally tablets go for the Mobile version,if not this would explain the squashed look as the ipad is trying to convet it.

Click 'Use Mobile Version' at the bottem of this page.

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ok so I know it will be locked cause it doesn't belong in this section and that is fine. I apologise in advance but I wasn't sure where to post it,

The new look forum isn't very iPad friendly however. I note a lot of the funny as GIFs don't work as well anymore and a lot of the topics get squished to the side cutting a lot of what has been said in someone's post. Especially when a vid is posted. I'm not sure how many people browse here on an iPad or indeed if anyone who does has noticed this. Just thought I'd let someone know incase it had slipped there attention.

Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Full Version" 

Problem solved (on iPhone and iPad).

• M-B likes this

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Also the new look is very bad on mobile,slow as f*ck.i hope they can change that.

It's blazing over here on my SGS I9000 running SlimBean 4.2 with stock browser

• Ragtop likes this

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Get an android device... f*ckin crapple sh*t. My HP Touchpad works great on it. Try downloading a different browser from the app store.

Android LOL.

Gq3F2.gif

M-B
  • M-B

A dope trailer is no place for a kitty.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by M-B, 08 September 2013 - 09:39 PM.

You know what I never noticed "mobile version" or full version till just now. Cheers pal muchly appreciated

Also come on no android/iOS wars please. It's not needed is it :)

XNaifX
  • XNaifX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by XNaifX, 08 September 2013 - 09:38 PM.

I does not have the same problem delirious photo showing
Note that Google's Chrome browser and the iPad 2

e0SxZ.png

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I am using the sg 4 mini and im talking about the desktop version not the mobile version. The mobile version is fast but left out several features.am i doing something wrong?

Mitch131
  • Mitch131

BOSS

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Same for me, it has so many limited functions, even the mobile version for Android is limited.

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

You know what I never noticed "mobile version" or full version till just now. Cheers pal muchly appreciated

Also come on no android/iOS wars please. It's not needed is it :)

You're welcome.

RaptorTaco
  • RaptorTaco

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hmm... I view this forum almost exclusively on an ipad, and i prefer this layout way more.

To each his own I guess!

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Android LOL.

Gq3F2.gif

Haha,don't be jealous your crapple product doesn't work. Enjoy your bloated device.

kjimboo
  • kjimboo

LoadedLux

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

All I have to work with is an iPad (retina display) because my computer broke down, the only problem I have with the new layout is that I don't know where the smileys are :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users