Photo

GTA V - First Person mod again?

24 replies to this topic
DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I wonder if someone will be able to mod in first person perspective again when the game eventually hits PC in 2014. I personally despise ENBad, trainers and all the other game changing mods that people have made, but a simple change of perspective goes a LONG way in bringing the world to life that much more.

Most players, especially console players, didn't even realize how detailed Liberty City was in GTA 4 due to the fast paced, pulled back experience you get with a third person perspective. But once I made this video and these same console players saw the world from the players eyes instead, it blew up all over Kotaku, PC Gamer even G4TV. Now apply this same amazing experience to the much improved world of GTA V and my god, my mind is blown.

I'm 99% certain Rockstar did not include first person, even in vehicles, but we know this game will hit PC eventually and I hope someone steps up to the plate with some serious coding skills and manages to pull this miracle off once again :^:

• henriquedematos and JustOneMonth like this

Outplug
  • Outplug

Learned he has GI subscription.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

No matter what game, if there's no first person and/or cockpit view, you can bet your ass someone's going to mod it into the game when it hits PC. Hell, some modders might even make it possible on console.

Michael De Santa
  • Michael De Santa

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

I think it will be hard to mod GTA V because it has a complex structure as there are not one but 3 Protagonist

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

I think it will be hard to mod GTA V because it has a complex structure as there are not one but 3 Protagonist

Nah I don't see that being an issue. Maybe for the initial camera change during transitions but otherwise it's no different just controlling one protag at a time.

I am so torn on this one. In the one hand I would love to mod the game with first person perspective and perhaps some other roleplaying mods, but at the same time I hate the idea of online being filled with immature 15 year olds with their trainers spawning crap all over the map, having god mode etc. It absolutely ruins the entire platform for the player and forces you into private mode, which at that point you have to coordinate with real life friends to even play online. Boring. So it's a double edged sword, modding these games.

Michael De Santa
  • Michael De Santa

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Nah I don't see that being an issue. Maybe for the initial camera change during transitions but otherwise it's no different just controlling one protag at a time.

I am so torn on this one. In the one hand I would love to mod the game with first person perspective and perhaps some other roleplaying mods, but at the same time I hate the idea of online being filled with immature 15 year olds with their trainers spawning crap all over the map, having god mode etc. It absolutely ruins the entire platform for the player and forces you into private mode, which at that point you have to coordinate with real life friends to even play online. Boring. So it's a double edged sword, modding these games.

I also hate it,I stopped playing IV Multiplayer due to this.

It is hard to play Multiplayer of IV because I am a Beginner

Half of them are cheaters and other are Expert

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

No offence dude but FPS blows now O.K? There are way too many FPS's on the market already, we don't need another and turning GTA into an FPS, mods or not is a crime to the franchise!

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

No offence dude but FPS blows now O.K? There are way too many FPS's on the market already, we don't need another and turning GTA into an FPS, mods or not is a crime to the franchise!

Wow it's you again. The guy who got completely offended that people don't like the gloomy atmosphere in GTA IV.

Why does everyone have to do exactly as you say? Why is your opinion greater than others and overrules them? The response to GTA IV in first person was massively positive, look at the statistics on my video. So good for you that you don't need first person. Stop speaking for others. It doesn't hurt ANYONE if you play a single player game in first person, so why shouldn't we have the option.

representa
  • representa

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

One of the first mods I got

love it

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Wow it's you again. The guy who got completely offended that people don't like the gloomy atmosphere in GTA IV.

Why does everyone have to do exactly as you say? Why is your opinion greater than others and overrules them? The response to GTA IV in first person was massively positive, look at the statistics on my video. So good for you that you don't need first person. Stop speaking for others. It doesn't hurt ANYONE if you play a single player game in first person, so why shouldn't we have the option.

Since when did I say that you couldn't do it? I'm just simply voicing my disgust on how the games industry is these days. Stagnant and generic! How many FPS's have been made in the last 7 years already? I'm not speaking for anyone but myself, the games industry is slowly becoming a joke. Rockstar's Dan Houser has claimed that games in general are now only to make a profit, than they are an art form. He's absolutely right!  

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

I honestly think Rockstar should implement a first person mode in GTA sometime in the future - And I don't mean it functional just for fire fights, which would already be pretty cool, I mean it to be functional also for vehicles. Imagine being able to look around detailed interiors in first person, instead of just having the camera placed in front of the car. Just like in simulators.

Who knows, maybe in the next generation...

Sour Dough Pastry
  • Sour Dough Pastry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by Sour Dough Pastry, 20 September 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Actually, you should only need to port over the original mod from GTA IV. GTA V uses the same rage engine & bullet physics engine. I'm not a programmer by any means, but I think it should work. I realize may be wrong.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

If V is hooked not only will there be A firstperson mod but also an oculus rift firstperson mod ;)

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

It'll happen for sure. Things like this make me so hyped for the PC release. 

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

I don't understand why R* doesn't have a first person view. It would be awesome. I guess I don't understand a lot of things that R* does. I was hoping for a cockpit view this time too--somthing like Forza.

• saintsrow likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Never used the FPS mod for on-foot gameplay, but boy was it fun in vehicles. 

Would love to see its return, for sure. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

Never used the FPS mod for on-foot gameplay, but boy was it fun in vehicles. 

Would love to see its return, for sure. 

I used it a lot in cars too, especially modded cars. Then I stopped using it cause it glitched the first person view in taxi's.

The person that made the mod for IV explained how he did it. It's really simple, and would be a piece of cake to do with V without a doubt.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

If V is hooked not only will there be A firstperson mod but also an oculus rift firstperson mod ;)

Oh sh*t! You're alive! So happy to hear from you man really. Did you even see how big your name got when my YouTube vid with your mod was plastered over all major game journalism sites? Lol.

Glad to see you interested in reincarnating this most awesome mod. Can't wait for this to come to pc now. You just made 2013 for me dude for real.
  • saintsrow likes this

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

the hood view in cars is terrible. its mounted on the hood so you get that ridiculous bounce going on even through light throttle work. its terrible for trying to drive.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

THUG4LIFE, homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:50 AM Edited by saintsrow, 06 November 2013 - 04:51 AM.

First person view YES! :^: :^: :colgate:

For the haters, they should realize that the FP view mod does not mean turning GTA into an FPS shooter.  It just gives us an immersive POV when we want it. 

• Wolfhuman and AtomicPunk like this

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

Didnt notice that DaRkL3AD3R but then again I dont read the game press.

I agree with you  saintsrow Combats always easier in 3rd person but

Like you say you miss the funny expressions on peoples faces and so much more.

I know most people don't have there rift yet but heres a link to a thread over on the oculus forum might be of interest.

https://developer.oc...php?f=20&t=2845

For now As I was adding rift compatibility I fixed a few other bugs like eflc weapons and will release that shortly for IV on this site as usual.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

Holy sh*t, just saw that video of GTA 4 with the rift. I am blown away. I mean, given my specs, you'd imagine I already had planned on picking up a consumer version of the Rift when it launches, but now I may be tempted to pick up the 1080p dev version instead... that is truly amazing looking.

And C06alt, thank you for coming in and confirming your support for not only the rift (which is huge in and of itself) but also for even updating GTA 4 first person AND committing to GTA V modding when it launches. You are the hero we need, but not the one we deserve. Thank you Batman-modder.

• saintsrow likes this

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Holy sh*t, just saw that video of GTA 4 with the rift. I am blown away. I mean, given my specs, you'd imagine I already had planned on picking up a consumer version of the Rift when it launches, but now I may be tempted to pick up the 1080p dev version instead... that is truly amazing looking.

And C06alt, thank you for coming in and confirming your support for not only the rift (which is huge in and of itself) but also for even updating GTA 4 first person AND committing to GTA V modding when it launches. You are the hero we need, but not the one we deserve. Thank you Batman-modder.

Heh, your welcome.   :D

Probably A good idea to wait for Developer Kit 2 the 1080p version alright As it has been announced they will be making one.

The rift is amazing anyway but you would be kicking yourself if you got the dk1 when the dk2 is just around the corner.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Personally first person view on foot  :^:

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

I posted an update on the old thread for EFLC and HMD support for IV, here's a link.

http://gtaforums.com...v-first-person/

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

good thing Rockstar did not turn GTA to a f*cking FPS

looks ugly as hell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users