GIF Avatars

2 replies to this topic
EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

I noticed that you have added the option to have gif avatars, and a lot of people have them. I was pretty happy, as I love my old avatar. Well, when I went to change my avatar to my old one, it loaded, but the gif is not playing. it's froze at one of the frames and won't play.

Is anybody else having this problem, and can anybody tell me what to do to fix it?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Mine is working fine.

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

I noticed that you have added the option to have gif avatars, and a lot of people have them. I was pretty happy, as I love my old avatar. Well, when I went to change my avatar to my old one, it loaded, but the gif is not playing. it's froze at one of the frames and won't play.

Is anybody else having this problem, and can anybody tell me what to do to fix it?

I´ve experienced lot of imgur animations frozen, and had to upload them again.

What I have adviced people to do is to backup the goddamn file. Don´t just use the code You have been given, but also save the files in your Harddisk.

Then You can easily upload it again to a host in the case it´s dead. Which will eventually happen, no image host is 100% reliable.

You could download the file first to your computer and check out does it work at all. If it has multiple layers it can be fixed and uploaded again.

Otherwise only option is to create a new one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users