GTA 3 PCSX2 lag

11 replies to this topic
gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Okay, so GTA 3 in PCSX2 is lagging and I am, as usual, persistent. I think it's my graphics card because it isn't great at all. AMD Radeon HD 6310. Settings at the recommended, so IDK. Any ideas?

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

...why not just play the PC vcersion of the game?

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

...why not just play the PC vcersion of the game?

IDK, I kinda miss the PS2 version, and mods don't cut it. I no longer have a PS2 so I can't play it on one...

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 08 September 2013 - 05:19 PM.

That's not a real graphics card, it's just an integrated graphics circuit. It does support pixel shader 2 though which is all they state about it on the official site. PCSX2 is also very heavy on the CPU, what are the rest of your specs?

[edit]: You can look here: http://forums.pcsx2....-on-my-computer

Graphics Cards:

Won't work (or very unlikely to) - Maybe possible with GSDX Software Mode (V. Slow):
Geforce 3 or below
Geforce 4 MX series - confirmed to be working but very slowly
ATi Radeon 8xxx series and below
ATi Radeon 9100
Most onboard graphics cards (excluding the GeForce 61X0 series and 5200 Go)

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

That's not a real graphics card, it's just an integrated graphics circuit.

Bullcrap. It's discrete, not integrated. In some computers it may be integrated, but in mine it's discrete (which is strange because I have a laptop). I know it's discrete because it says on the box "discrete class graphics".

rest of my specs:

win8 64-bit (I actually do not find win8 that bad)

4 gb RAM

AMD E-300 CPU Dual-Core clocked at 1.3 ghz

DirectX Version: 11

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Isn't your CPU a bit weak for emulation? I would guess that is the problem.

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

I have seen a youtube vid where a guy had almost the exact same specs as me and was playing GTA 3 in PCSX2. I'll try to find it again. (I'm browsing in private mode, so can't just do a history search)...

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 08 September 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Yes it is. The recommended specs call for at least double that clock speed. I have a Phenom II X4 at 3.2GHz and I was also struggling to run it at times. Your graphics might be discrete as opposed to integrated, but it's still running at only 500MHz and with shared memory.

Will work, but very slowly, possible problems:

Intel Pentium III
Intel Celeron (any P3 and above series)
AMD Athlon XP
AMD Sempron
AMD Turion
AMD APU C-**, E-***, Z-01, E2-3**, A4-3***

Laptop Processors:

We do not recommend the use of any laptop machines on the emulator unless otherwise mentioned above, if it supports SSE2 then it may work. if it does not have SSE2 then it is likely it will be extremely slow and have emulator compatibility problems.

To be honest, I was surprised you could run this at all. I suppose your hardware has the essentials needed to run the emulator, but if I were you I wouldn't expect much better performance than you are getting right now.

This is from their FAQ and might explain what you saw on Youtube:

I've seen my game running full speed on YouTube, why do i get low FPS?

Videos which appear on YouTube are generally recorded with the GS plugin. What is actually recorded is each frame, which is then run at the full rate of the game, it is more than likely the person recording it had similar speeds to you, so don't take it too seriously.

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yes it is. The recommended specs call for at least double that clock speed. I have a Phenom II X4 at 3.2GHz and I was also struggling to run it at times. Your graphics might be discrete as opposed to integrated, but it's still running at only 500MHz and with shared memory.

Will work, but very slowly, possible problems:

Intel Pentium III
Intel Celeron (any P3 and above series)
AMD Athlon XP
AMD Sempron
AMD Turion
AMD APU C-**, E-***, Z-01, E2-3**, A4-3***

Laptop Processors:

We do not recommend the use of any laptop machines on the emulator unless otherwise mentioned above, if it supports SSE2 then it may work. if it does not have SSE2 then it is likely it will be extremely slow and have emulator compatibility problems.

To be honest, I was surprised you could run this at all. I suppose your hardware has the essentials needed to run the emulator, but if I were you I wouldn't expect much better performance than you are getting right now.

This is from their FAQ and might explain what you saw on Youtube:

I've seen my game running full speed on YouTube, why do i get low FPS?

Videos which appear on YouTube are generally recorded with the GS plugin. What is actually recorded is each frame, which is then run at the full rate of the game, it is more than likely the person recording it had similar speeds to you, so don't take it too seriously.

Nah nah, he was using FRAPS. Either way, I wasn't really expecting any better results but I did some tweaks and can get up to 25 FPS at the max. Hmm, I think that's all I'm getting.

Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Mr.ClaudeFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

PCSX2 needs really freaking powerful hardware to run GTA3 smoothly. However, I suggest you change your video plugin to the Direct3D11 hardware, change interlacing to Weave bff (saw-tooth), enable texture filtering and 8-bit textures. USE THE ORIGINAL PS2 RESOLUTION. See if that helped any.

• gta3masta5000 likes this

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

PCSX2 needs really freaking powerful hardware to run GTA3 smoothly. However, I suggest you change your video plugin to the Direct3D11 hardware, change interlacing to Weave bff (saw-tooth), enable texture filtering and 8-bit textures. USE THE ORIGINAL PS2 RESOLUTION. See if that helped any.

:lol: those were (almost) the exact settings I had... It helped, but only a little bit. Not even enough to make a difference. I appreciate the effort of everyone who has tried to help, though! :D

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

I tried to play the ps2 one on the pcsx2 but for me it doesn't even load up at all. Most likely due to not having a gfx card. LOL
Which is odd considering KH1FM and Kh2FM+ works flawlessly for the most part. So does FF X and X2. But for some reason
all the GTAs don't seem to work.

Besides I also prefer pc version, that works far better. Plus Mods for it=auto win

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users