Quantcast

» «
Photo

A question about timezones

11 replies to this topic
dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by dr00gy, 08 September 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Do the Aussies & Kiwis get the game a full 12/13 hours before the Brits or what?

What about countries with multiple timezones? Could a Yank just hop from New Mexico to Texas & get the game an hour earlier?

How have Rockstar organised it? It it simply that the game is released at 00.00 on the dot in your timezone? If so, I bet many of you border-dwellers are thinking of nipping next door & queueing up there instead.

Buffaloro
  • Buffaloro

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Do the Aussies & Kiwis get the game a full 12/13 hours before the Brits or what?

What about countries with multiple timezones? Could a Yank just hop from New Mexico to Texas & get the game an hour earlier?

How have Rockstar organised it? It it simply that the game is released at 00.00 on the dot in your timezone? If so, I bet many of you border-dwellers are thinking of nipping next door & queueing up there instead.

Whenever the store opens there locally. 

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

I personally think it should be at a predetermined time that is applied to all international locations. Yes, it would be troublesome for people because of the differences in timing, but that's the only way to ensure that people get the game a full 12-13 hours earlier than someone somewhere else. Just isn't fair.

CarRamrod224
  • CarRamrod224

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

I would assume the drive time to go from one timezone to the other would take longer than just waiting that hour or so.

• TheFinestDonkey likes this

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

I would assume the drive time to go from one timezone to the other would take longer than just waiting that hour or so.

' I bet many of you border-dwellers are thinking of nipping next door & queueing up there instead.'

Not if you live near the border.

Buffaloro
  • Buffaloro

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

I personally think it should be at a predetermined time that is applied to all international locations. Yes, it would be troublesome for people because of the differences in timing, but that's the only way to ensure that people get the game a full 12-13 hours earlier than someone somewhere else. Just isn't fair.

It is actually. They go to sleep earlier that day too. It's like they have newyear earlier. You don't forbid them from celebrating the 1st day of a new year at midnight because it wouldn't be fair either.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

So it would be fair that people -for example- can get it at 2 a.m., while no shop will be open at that time in most countries, while others will get it at 11 a.m. and can buy it immediately? You simply cannot make this fair other than having the same timezones everywhere around the globe. :p

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

If a few hours make that much of a difference to you, I suggest you do one of two things - grow up, or get help.

OP - there's been dozens of threads on this. Much easier to search first.

CarRamrod224
  • CarRamrod224

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

' I bet many of you border-dwellers are thinking of nipping next door & queueing up there instead.'

Not if you live near the border.

That is also assuming that there is a store right across the timezone border.  I would be willing to bet the chances of that is slim to none.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

this is why i think certain places will get the game a bit early

especially if you pre ordered

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'll get the game only on Sept.18 :( 

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

The Japanese have to wait till October. Count yourselves lucky. A lot of people using Shopto/Amazon especially here in UK will likely get it on the 16th. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users