More News To Come
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic
Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

GTA IV Help & Support

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by kev210, 08 September 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Hidden content?!? Time to become a secret agent. 

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

IGN reporters didnt participated in the mapping thread, they dont have a good picture of the map like others people here. Rockstar allowed them to go only in some parts of the map and the mountain they saw was probably San Chiansi.

Im not exactly sure how they could see another mountain behind the highest mountain in the game.

You can do anything with imagination. 

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Is this not obvious?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Is this not obvious?

That they were hiding stuff this whole time? Yes, it is obvious.

• Smaher. likes this

Darth Mike
  • Darth Mike

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by Darth Mike, 08 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

@Darth Mike

Again, you seem to fail to understand how expensive GTA 5 has been. Another city or more city as simple DLC and expansions will not be profitable. They would have to sell many millions of copies for the DLC to even break even. Rockstar also stated they don't want to do big DLCs again because it just wasn't profitable. And no big expansions aren't profitable enough either because they would still need to sell many millions to even break even.

I perfectly know how is expensive GTA 5. Only few software houses can make so big games.

Adding other cities doesn't mean adding whole new games. It only means adding new cities, with a few missions related to them. Their team is huge, it's not impossible as you think.

They would be complete expansions (something anormal and unknown for anyone who didn't play video games during 80s and 90s), not normal DLCs,  they could be considered almost as sequels (or complete sequels if they think to add new features).

They could release them as stand-alone episode in physical copy and data-disk in digital copy.

There are many possibilities.

What officials facts? Who stated we haven't seen another chunk of map? If it is IGN, journalists aren't objective enough. If it is based on what was said by Lesli Benzies that is a comprehension issue.

One IGN guy saw other mountains. If he saw other mountains across the Alamo Sea and past Mount Chiliad those mountains would have had to be HUGE to be even visible considering Mount Chiliad would block off the view considering it is a big mountain. Nothing what the journalist said even adds up.

It has to be stated again before people actually get it, journalists aren't very objective. Also, not every journalist really understand the map. Even on this forum people are often confused with what they are actually looking at even if they have seen the fanmade maps.

But hey let's believe journalists over Rockstar's own direct statements because you know Rockstar is automatically wrong if something is denied but whenever someone else makes said statement it is absolutely right.

Come on.

Basically, you're saying that all journalists (who have played the game) are retarded.

But you and other people who think like you, who didn't play the game, are right.

Sorry but every analysis of the map is basing on screenshots and trailers. They can give an idea of a certain area, but it's absurd thinking to know the whole map (and if certain leaks are correct, all the maps are wrong).

No one here has official proofs related to the presence of more islands (and more islands doens't mean San Fierro and Las Venturas, just more islands).

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 08 September 2013 - 02:57 PM.

You understand their statement wrong Kindled. They didnt show us a lot of things, but that doesnt mean locations. It means activities, story, easter eggs, random encounters, vehicles, businesses, weapons...

I perfectly know how is expensive GTA 5. Only few software houses can make so big games.

Adding other cities doesn't mean adding whole new games. It only means adding new cities, with a few missions related to them. Their team is huge, it's not impossible as you think.

They would be complete expansions (something anormal and unknown for anyone who didn't play video games during 80s and 90s), not normal DLCs,  they could be considered almost as sequels (or complete sequels if they think to add new features).

They could release them as stand-alone episode in physical copy and data-disk in digital copy.

There are many possibilities.

They would have to create new ped models, new vehicles, new radio stations and more. Think.

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 04:36 PM.

@Darth Mike

I was alive (and gaming) during the 1980s so I know exactly what an expansion is. You don't seem to realize they won't be re-using assets for another city. Rockstar doesn't create generic cities but cities that actually look like their real life inspiration. To do this it takes a whole lot of resources and thus money to create it. It is just not that likely they will be able to sell enough expansions to recover their cost, also considering you can't really sell an actual expansion for the full price of 60 dollars so it would have to be sold for the current expansion price of 40 dollars (which used to be 30).

After Rockstar not profiting from DLC for GTA 4 there is no snowball chance in hell they will repeat this again with even an expansion. As long as something is not a stand alone game you can count on it that Rockstar will not burn themselves again. They need to sell many millions of expansions just to cover the cost to create real life representations of buildings. If Rockstar was into generic looking buildings then they could easily create the expansions you want to see but they are far too perfectionist to do this. You can also count on it like Pinkman said that they will not just recreate a city, they will want it to be actual content, which includes new missions with voice overs, new vehicles, new radio stations, new pedestrian models and more. It would pretty much be a standalone game with less missions but then for a much lower price, not enough actually.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Multiple cities almost confirmed!

R9zgoIu.gif

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

R9zgoIu.gif

No.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

R9zgoIu.gif

No.

Don't ruin this moment for me  :lol:

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Well there's still the last few sections of the website to come. Other than that I'm sure everyone can wait 9 days.

lolpancakeslol
  • lolpancakeslol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by lolpancakeslol, 08 September 2013 - 04:46 PM.

You guys realize that screenshot is fake right? Here's the original:

gBVqjvF.png

HeavilyArmedX
  • HeavilyArmedX

Killswitch Engaged

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Kindled. Finally a thread that isn't useless, it could be that they said that to raise the hype but it could also mean that there is something hidden that we haven't seen yet. What if they have a way for people to travel by plane to another small island...

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

We REALLY don't need any more info. The game is out in 8 f*cking day's I don't want to know any more about the game I just want to play it

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

7 days (left tmrw) - 4 panels left to open

7 / 4 = 1.75

7 days minus weekend = 5 days

5 / 4 = 1.25

Update every day with Monday (September 16) being used for relaxation.

Update two times if Rockstar opens two panels per udpate makes an update every

5 / 2 = 2.5

3rd day

Update one time if Rockstar opens up all remaining panels at once makes an update every

5 / 1 = 5

5th day

We should expect to see the final four panels being opened by Rockstar sometime in the next 5 days.

arrowface10
  • arrowface10

The Protagonist

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Damn there is like 8 days left and still more to come?

R* is just Epic!

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 08 September 2013 - 04:57 PM.

gBVqjvF.png

Yawn. Looks pretty fake to me. :dozing: Because I saw it with my eyes.

You tryna say I spent all my time to photshop all that?

• Smaher. likes this

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 05:01 PM.

gBVqjvF.png

What gives Kindled?

In which article did you find that quote? Because it is not at all in the comment section about the plane trials. I just checked that whole thread with thousands of comments and your quote (screencapture of it) is NOT in there.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

gBVqjvF.png

What gives Kindled?

In which article did you find that quote? Because it is not at all in the comment section about the plane trials. I just checked that whole thread with thousands of comments and your quote is NOT in there.

Found it Wednesday. Don't even remember which section it was. It was the one relating to that quote.

• Smaher. likes this

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

I smell bullsh*t...

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Found it Wednesday. Don't even remember which section it was. It was the one relating to that quote.

It can't be the one relating to that quote. I just checked that section and it can't be found.

I checked the following comment section:

http://www.rockstarg....html/#comments

Do you know what is funny, the two comments that are relevant can't be found but yet the other comments in your screencapture can be. The members who posted are all the same but the quote is not.

lonpancakeslol screencapture only differs in the two middle comments, the comments which are relevant to this thread and his screencapture is completely legit considering that is exactly what I am currently seeing in that specific comment section.

What I am seeing:

• gtav24.png
      CptSharppz1 week, 3 days ago
      @CptSharppz As I forgot to mention above, The Danger Zone will be active on the Xbox 360.
    • default.png
      Wormtail9011 week, 3 days ago
      @CptSharppz So, you need a Heli pilot? cause I'm looking for a group.
  • gtav04.png
    assassin101676531 week, 3 days agoReply
    Rockstar, will we be able to download all of the Collector's Edition online material when we first receive it or do we have to wait until October 1st?
      R* K1 week, 3 days ago
      @assassin10167653 @Theman4747 Feel free to redeem the unique code that will be in the game box as soon as you get it on the 17th, the digital content that is specific to GTA Online will be there for you on October 1st.
  • gtav02.png
    Theman47471 week, 3 days ago
    can I install the gta online stuff right away or do I have for October first

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

I smell bullsh*t...

You know what? Yeah, I photoshopped it. I went all my way too. I spent nearly two hours, had nothing better to do with my life. And felt like switching up the words. :sui:

• Smaher. likes this

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

I smell bullsh*t...

You know what? Yeah, I photoshopped it. I went all my way too. I spent nearly two hours, had nothing better to do with my life. And felt like switching up the words. :sui:

Congratulations. Your a tool.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

• Members
  • European-Union

gBVqjvF.png

OX3S.png

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

I smell bullsh*t...

Congratulations. Your a tool.

sarcasm.jpg

• Smaher. likes this

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by Darth_Starkiller, 08 September 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Yes, it's fake. 

http://fotoforensics...8e700826e.65832

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Kindles will create a pointless topic with news from 1 week ago just to gain respect points such a troll now let this out of date thread die.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 08 September 2013 - 05:09 PM.

It's highly likely the map is 49 sq miles actually. Fido's map is very accurate in terms of shape and size, but not scale. 25 sq miles is just a guess just as the 49. Actually, as a matter of fact, even Magic_Al said it's 49 too. We only need Rockstar to confirm it.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

So, what's that suppose to prove? That you have very good elemental physics powers? :/

• Smaher. likes this

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

I smell bullsh*t...

About the multiple cities, I can really see a town the size of one of the LC islands somewhere on the maps. It won't be the size of LS, but it WILL be designated a CITY. And all that R* has said is that LS is the only MAJOR city. LS is bigger than LC, so I can really see multiple cities the size of one of LC's islands. It doesn't contradict what R* has said about the cities AND it corresponds with what R* said in Kindled's screenshot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users