More News To Come

More News To Come
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic
gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 01:45 PM.

I suppose that it's their final goal.

Having Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas, Vice City and Liberty City in one single game.

The written "five" on the official logo means that, in my opinion.

Right. So Grand Theft Auto 4 actually meant there were 4 cities, right?

People really need to stop stretching.

I guess Rockstar's claim that Los Santos was the only major city is just bogus right? From a marketing point of view it just doesn't make much sense to keep a second true city hidden for all this time. It just doesn't add up at all. Rockstar even made the claim they only wanted to focus on ONE city this time to make sure to do it justice. But hey, it is all nonsense because on Twitter someone who is not Dan Houser and just a CM stated something else.

Will there be more cities? Yes, but for GTA Online. Will San Fierro and Las Venturas get added any time soon? Not bloody likely since both cities would have to be completely remade. Liberty City is currently the only city likely to be added to GTA Online. I bet any other city will only get added after release of a new stand alone game. It costs way too much money to create a city on the scale of Los Santos. Just look at GTA 5's budget and you should be able to tell why additional cities can't remotely be done as DLC. Rockstar would be losing money on the DLC.

Edit:

IGN also said they were seeing pop in of mountains when looking over the Alamo Sea past Chiliad. The only way they could have seen any mountains is if those mountains are bigger than Mount Chiliad. There is just no way Rockstar has been hiding a mountain which even appears bigger than Mount Chiliad from a vast distance, so it would have to be absolutely massive in size from up close. It just doesn't add up.

To be honest I think the IGN journalist was actually looking in a westerly direction and saw pop ins from the Alamo River canyon.

• Albert De Silva likes this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Im not sure whats the point of adding cities into Online since its only for 16-32 players. 

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Um, how much do we know about N. Yankton regarding the leaks?

We seem t find amazing things every week. The map is 49 sq miles. This.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Its un-officialy 49 sq miles, dont say half truth

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:49 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 01:50 PM.

The map is 49 square miles based on faulty numbers. RDR is not 28 square miles considering it is at most 26 square kilometers. Someone somewhere just swapped kilometers with miles and that faulty number is still being used this day. It is clear that the 49 number comes from the faulty number of RDR + GTA SA and GTA 4's number you can find on the Net.

Also, considering the Scotsman thought the Vincent Thomas bridge to be some other bridge shows they aren't really using facts gotten from Rockstar directly.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:49 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 08 September 2013 - 01:50 PM.

Its un-officialy 49 sq miles, dont say half truth

Take your pessimism elsewhere. If you don't want to believe something that's an obvious "in your face". Then how will you understand life.

tumblr_lxin15O3Vg1r811c9o1_500.gif

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Um... we are a week from release, obviously there is more to come.

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 01:56 PM.

@_Kindled_

Wow. You want to believe anything that somehow proves your own delusions. When Rockstar (Dan Houser specifically) stated there was only ONE major city you completely disregarded said statement because it didn't fit with what you want to believe. You can't then come back and tell others we don't want to believe in facts.

You are the one who fails to understand "life". Papers are often very wrong in what they write. If you understood life you would know that journalists just aren't remotely objective any longer. Facts checking is no longer done.

• AceHigh11 likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

OP stupid? posted a week ago and since then we have had TONS from ign etc so yeah step back into the time machine and come to the present.

This. Wondered about that myself. Its 1 week old and since then we got new screens and even 4 new videos

chsJO
  • chsJO

Thug

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Good

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

The map is 49 square miles based on faulty numbers. RDR is not 28 square miles considering it is at most 26 square kilometers. Someone somewhere just swapped kilometers with miles and that faulty number is still being used this day. It is clear that the 49 number comes from the faulty number of RDR + GTA SA and GTA 4's number you can find on the Net.

Also, considering the Scotsman thought the Vincent Thomas bridge to be some other bridge shows they aren't really using facts gotten from Rockstar directly.

This! Some people just don't get it.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

OP stupid? posted a week ago and since then we have had TONS from ign etc so yeah step back into the time machine and come to the present.

This. Wondered about that myself. Its 1 week old and since then we got new screens and even 4 new videos

You, too? Do you even know what I posted?

Because I have no idea what you're even on about. R* didn't make this response when new info came.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:01 PM Edited by Mamunda, 08 September 2013 - 02:01 PM.

Upcoming week should be filled with official news/screens/videos from R*, starting tomorrow

Darth Mike
  • Darth Mike

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by Darth Mike, 08 September 2013 - 02:06 PM.

I suppose that it's their final goal.

Having Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas, Vice City and Liberty City in one single game.

The written "five" on the official logo means that, in my opinion.

Right. So Grand Theft Auto 4 actually meant there were 4 cities, right?

No. The logo of GTA 4 is normal, like the old ones. Only the one of GTA V is different.

And it doesn't mean there are 5 cities in the current GTA V, only that they think to have 5 cities with other expansion discs and DLCs.

People really need to stop stretching.

I guess Rockstar's claim that Los Santos was the only major city is just bogus right? From a marketing point of view it just doesn't make much sense to keep a second true city hidden for all this time. It just doesn't add up at all. Rockstar even made the claim they only wanted to focus on ONE city this time to make sure to do it justice. But hey, it is all nonsense because on Twitter someone who is not Dan Houser and just a CM stated something else.

From a marketing point of view, GTA V doesn't need other big news in order to sell and catch attention.

Whatever they're hiding, it's mainly for making a surprise for GTA users

The official facts we have:

-they talked about another chunk of the map we didn't see yet.

-IGN guys have seen other mountains north of Mt. Chiliad.

this whitout considering the leaks.

Will there be more cities? Yes, but for GTA Online. Will San Fierro and Las Venturas get added any time soon? Not bloody likely since both cities would have to be completely remade. Liberty City is currently the only city likely to be added to GTA Online. I bet any other city will only get added after release of a new stand alone game. It costs way too much money to create a city on the scale of Los Santos. Just look at GTA 5's budget and you should be able to tell why additional cities can't remotely be done as DLC. Rockstar would be losing money on the DLC.

There wouldn't be normal DLCs, but complete expansions (maybe available both in digital and physical copy), so their price would be higher than normal DLCs.

Edit:

IGN also said they were seeing pop in of mountains when looking over the Alamo Sea past Chiliad. The only way they could have seen any mountains is if those mountains are bigger than Mount Chiliad. There is just no way Rockstar has been hiding a mountain which even appears bigger than Mount Chiliad from a vast distance, so it would have to be absolutely massive in size from up close. It just doesn't add up.

To be honest I think the IGN journalist was actually looking in a westerly direction and saw pop ins from the Alamo River canyon.

But they've seen and played the game.

You can't be sure of certain things whiout playing the game.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Kindled I hope that you are just trolling whole time... if you are serious then I dont know what to say..

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

It's because americans like to call "cities" to random neighbourhoods...

Compton city=Ganton City and so on...

Hence the use of word "cities"

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

_Kindled_ I'm with you. The 49 sq miles came from an article about GTA V togheter with the game budget.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 08 September 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Most of them are from Britain. But yeah, theres a small difference between town and city

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Kindled I hope that you are just trolling whole time... if you are serious then I dont know what to say..

I really want to virtually bang your head with my keyboard. :sui: Would you just f*cking leave my thread if you have nothing positive to say?

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Good to see them saying it again that they have kept plenty of things hidden.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Huh? Source? :monocle:

That's interesting. In our map there's only water north of mount Chilliad. Maybe IGN guys meant San Chiansi mountains somehow?

9621412874_108fa18e9f_b.jpg

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Most of them are from Britain. But yeah, theres a small difference between town and city

Well, yeah, but the game happens in America and in america they do that. Alderney was called Alderney City in GTA IV. It wasn't really a city, but it's just an american thing :)

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

There's obviously gunna be stuff that we haven't been told about... doubt it's anything big though. Most of the big info has been released by rockstar or covered in the previews.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

I really want to virtually bang your head with my keyboard. :sui: Would you just f*cking leave my thread if you have nothing positive to say?
Right, only people who agree with the nonsense are allowed to comment?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 08 September 2013 - 02:11 PM.

That's interesting. In our map there's only water north of mount Chilliad. Maybe IGN guys meant San Chiansi mountains somehow?

No.

trailer_gameplay1_173.jpg

This screen is foggy as hell. This is north of Paleto.

josephene123: No, the fact that he's calling me a troll and chooses to make negative comments on my thread, and wants to ridicule me, is what I am talking about.

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:11 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 02:18 PM.

@Darth Mike

Again, you seem to fail to understand how expensive GTA 5 has been. Another city or more city as simple DLC and expansions will not be profitable. They would have to sell many millions of copies for the DLC to even break even. Rockstar also stated they don't want to do big DLCs again because it just wasn't profitable. And no big expansions aren't profitable enough either because they would still need to sell many millions to even break even.

What officials facts? Who stated we haven't seen another chunk of map? If it is IGN, journalists aren't objective enough. If it is based on what was said by Lesli Benzies that is a comprehension issue.

One IGN guy saw other mountains. If he saw other mountains across the Alamo Sea and past Mount Chiliad those mountains would have had to be HUGE to be even visible considering Mount Chiliad would block off the view considering it is a big mountain. Nothing what the journalist said even adds up.

It has to be stated again before people actually get it, journalists aren't very objective. Also, not every journalist really understand the map. Even on this forum people are often confused with what they are actually looking at even if they have seen the fanmade maps.

But hey let's believe journalists over Rockstar's own direct statements because you know Rockstar is automatically wrong if something is denied but whenever someone else makes said statement it is absolutely right.

Edit:

Kindled, again what is your point? Los Santos appears foggy as hell all the time too and there is no other islands or anything else there either. You really need to stop looking for your illustrious cities and/or islands. You are extremely selective with evidence.

Once again the 49 square miles number is bogus because RDR is not 28 square miles but actually 26 square KILOMETERS at most. It is clear that the Scotsman article isn't very factual considering them mixing up a bridge. The actual budget may be false too for all we know. Heck, just look at the game SWTOR. The budget of that game came from ONE source, a person who claimed he was fired. He was someone who didn't even work for Bioware Austin directly but was hired to help out speed up the development. Journalists ran with his number and ever since people believe that number to be correct but it is most likely bogus. Heck, he was just a mere programmer hardly a person who would be privy of the actual budget. Moral of the story? Don't believe in something that doesn't come directly from a higher up of a development house. Even CMs, such as the person on Twitter aren't actually in the know. They probably haven't even played the game.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 08 September 2013 - 02:16 PM.

IGN reporters didnt participated in the mapping thread, they dont have a good picture of the map like others people here. Rockstar allowed them to go only in some parts of the map and the mountain they saw was probably San Chiansi.

Im not exactly sure how they could see another mountain behind the highest mountain in the game.

Darth Mike
  • Darth Mike

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

They've seen far away north of Chiliad other mountains and pop-up.

What they said can make suppose that this artwotk with two separate islands has more meaning than previously thought

gfgfbg.jpg

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

So much ignorance in here...

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by gwaha, 08 September 2013 - 02:23 PM.

IGN reporters didnt participated in the mapping thread, they dont have a good picture of the map like others people here. Rockstar allowed them to go only in some parts of the map and the mountain they saw was probably San Chiansi.

Im not exactly sure how they could see another mountain behind the highest mountain in the game.

That is my problem with the statement. When you look at it objectively it just doesn't add up.

And if you look at something the guys from CVG have said it is clear that even if you have knowledge of the map you still goof up. And I am referring to them mentioning that they saw a town somewhere in the west. That statement is odd if you actually know the map, because what they did they see, Malibu a place they already knew about thanks to the blueprint map or a town on the western flank of Mount Josiah? It is just odd they didn't realize what they saw. Maybe it is just me but when you check the mapping thread often you can pretty see the map with your eyes closed.

And how about IGN's statement regarding the "different airfield"? If they flew to a different airfield then where is it? It sounded like the airfield they left from, so not different. An airfield needs a considerable amount of space for the actual runways and we pretty much know the full extent of details of the main map and there is not much room for another runway. There is only room for another runway to the west of Mount Josiah and maybe, just maybe near Paleto. But even then I doubt the Lost MC took over an airfield at Paleto instead of the one south of Sandy Shores.

So after multiple mistakes by IGN why would I even believe them on their word?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users