Photo

The sun - GTA V Preview

125 replies to this topic
Suarez7
  • Suarez7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Don't buy the sun! JFT96. How people are believing that rag is beyond me. Good at making sh*t up.

No need to start bringing that rubbish onto this forum m8.

Rubbish? Nice to see people appreciate newspapers (if you can call them that) lying through their teeth about 96 people's death to make money and also dragging the people of Liverpool through the mud. Tossers like you are just as bad as them. Articles from that rag shouldn't be posted on any forum.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Urgh, I can't stand reading The Sun. Thanks for sharing though.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Brit game? Really?

Started in Scotland. Developed in Scotland. So Yep, British game.
Although Scotland is part of Great Britain, I would call the game Scottish (no I do not have any Scottish ancestry) rather than British. That's like calling a game made in Ukraine Russian even though Ukrainian and Russian cultures are distinctly different (for the most part).
But the Housers are from London. It's fair to say its a British game, not Scottish.

Hmm did not know that. Lol a silly Yank like me just knew that the game was made somewhere in the British Isles. How about Scottish game made by British developers? So, the Scots don't feel left out.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

An hour has to be a bit of an exaggeration..

San andreas took like 10-15 minutes.. I could see V taking 45 minutes tops if you take a stop or two. 30 minutes if you floor it the whole time.

Even 20 minutes is an extremely long time to just drive..It's gonna be big I just wouldn't expect Too much out of it.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Brit game? Really?

Although Scotland is part of Great Britain, I would call the game Scottish (no I do not have any Scottish ancestry) rather than British. That's like calling a game made in Ukraine Russian even though Ukrainian and Russian cultures are distinctly different (for the most part).
But the Housers are from London. It's fair to say its a British game, not Scottish.
Hmm did not know that. Lol a silly Yank like me just knew that the game was made somewhere in the British Isles. How about Scottish game made by British developers? So, the Scots don't feel left out.
Technically it's a British game developed in Scotland.

Just to through a fly in the ointment, both Stories games were developed in Leeds.

Skorge
  • Skorge

I Completed the GTA V story, in 28 hours! (Option C)

• Members

Nice to see some media GTA coverage, hopefully the casual gamer will put cod down and try a real game now

Nigerian Keith
  • Nigerian Keith

Rat

• Members

Don't buy the sun! JFT96. How people are believing that rag is beyond me. Good at making sh*t up.

Rubbish? Nice to see people appreciate newspapers (if you can call them that) lying through their teeth about 96 people's death to make money and also dragging the people of Liverpool through the mud. Tossers like you are just as bad as them. Articles from that rag shouldn't be posted on any forum.

As I said, don't bring that rubbish onto a computer game forum.

I suspect from your username, that of a racist and serial biter, you're only here to do wums and trolls.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

While I would agree with you on your opinion about the sun, they made an article about GTA V, and this is a GTA forum.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

"The map takes a good hour to drive around..."

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gifAl-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-13.gif

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

One hour to drive around the map? I'm taking that with a pinch of salt for now. You can never trust anything the Sun says. We'll know in a week's time if any of this is true.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

not a review just an amateur idiot writing about it.

also its not 100% british because a lot of Americans worked and helped with the game as well, and R* and the GTA franchise is owned by Americans.

Skorge
  • Skorge

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

The amazing thing is the Sun lie about thousands of people queuing on release day for the pc version, yet people are asking if their statement about it taking one hour to drive around the map is credible...

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

A good hour to drive around it... Bullsh*t. 

Skorge
  • Skorge

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

also its not 100% british because a lot of Americans worked and helped with the game as well, and R* and the GTA franchise is owned by Americans.

If a baby is born in America or Russia that baby is American or Russian, no matter what nationality their parents are, if a game is made in Great Britain no matter what nationality their owners are from, it makes the game British.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Misleading title.

Kingification
  • Kingification

Somebody told me - when I went to Nashville...

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by Kingification, 08 September 2013 - 02:28 PM.

I don't think you yanks understand:

When something good comes out of Scotland, such as Andy Murray's Wimbledon win, we English hail it as a British feat - the same goes for GTA being developed in Scotland.

When something bad comes out of Scotland, it isn't British, it's Scotish. It's how the world works. Essentially, Scotland is our bitch until they try to claim independence.

EDIT:

LOL at the person who tried to claim Rockstar is an American company. It has American subsidiaries but the original company, Rockstar North, is based in Leeds, England. It's alright though guys - you get Call of Duty!

Suarez7
  • Suarez7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

As I said, don't bring that rubbish onto a computer game forum.

I suspect from your username, that of a racist and serial biter, you're only here to do wums and trolls.

Haha so you believe what they're saying? Explain their queuing up for the PC version of GTA V statement then...

Hahahaha where's your proof that Luis Suarez is racist? The corrupt FA run by Ferguson and his chums? The idea it was "likely" that he was racist would not hold up in court and the "independent" panel has links to Man Utd...

Oh, and you suspect wrong. I'm not wumming or trolling anyone. I judge players on their quality and he's a player I like to watch.

Based on your logic, I suspect from your name that you're some scammer trying to transfer de monies from our bank account into yours...

Skorge
  • Skorge

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Misleading title.

Misleading your mom.

Suarez7
  • Suarez7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by Suarez7, 08 September 2013 - 02:34 PM.

While I would agree with you on your opinion about the sun, they made an article about GTA V, and this is a GTA forum.

Yes but they're bullsh*tting about this article, that's all they're good at. PC gamers queuing up for GTA V on Sept 16 says it all. Lol.

lxr
  • lxr

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by lxr, 08 September 2013 - 02:36 PM.

The map takes a good hour to drive around....

English isnt my native lang. Is that an expression?

It's grammatically correct, but factually wrong.

Skorge
  • Skorge

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Yes but they're bullsh*tting about this article, that's all they're good at. PC gamers queuing up for GTA V on Sept 16 says it all. Lol.

Lol pc gamers buy anything????? The Sun Troll!

ucntkillwhatsdead
  • ucntkillwhatsdead

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

If a baby is born in America or Russia that baby is American or Russian, no matter what nationality their parents are, if a game is made in Great Britain no matter what nationality their owners are from, it makes the game British.

That's right! also Many games like Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noir have been develpoed byt rockstar North and someone else. so they are at least half British.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

"Thousands of people around the world will queue for the midnight release of grand theft auto v for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 or PC"

Lol.

More detail on the soundtrack is good though.

This is the sun, I'm surprised it wasn't a 4 page hate article saying how the chemical attack in Syria is because the tyrant leader once played GTA...

I'm surprised it wasn't just a picture of some breasts.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

The GTA games are made in the UK, and the GTA series was founded by Brits, so it's a British game. 

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

fvckin sick of scousers bangin on about hillsborough

• T0X1C, Blitzkriegboom2, josephene123 and 1 other like this

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

"The map takes a good hour to drive around in with one of its 60-odd cars."

Yeah, because GTAV only has 60-something cars.  :sui:  Put a gun in my mouth and let the author stand behind me as you pull the trigger.  :sui:  :sui:

And Michael, the Gangster... lol. f*ckin' casuals.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Just let it go now, for f*cks sake. This was an article about a videogame, this is a topic about a videogame. We don't want to read your rants here. Go create a Scouser topic in the 'Sports Discussion' forum if you must.

Hendy
  • Hendy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Brit game? Really? 

But, wouldn't that make it a Scottish game, then?

Yep. Scottish achievements are usually labeled as British by the media etc (i.e shown when Andy Murray wins he is labeled as British but when he loses he is Scottish) but if the game were to be bad it would be Scottish. Don't worry this sh*t will end when Scotland votes for independence in 2014

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by reform, 08 September 2013 - 03:54 PM.

A good hour is an expression actually. It means at least an hour, so assuming you drove at an optimal speed without interruption, you could get around in an hour, but it probably will take a little longer.

PS: regarding it being a "Brittish company"; sure, it's based in Scotland, and Leslie and other members of the team are Scottish, but Sam & Dan are English, as are many others on the team. It's based in Scotland, but the company is definitely Brittish.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by Backfire6, 08 September 2013 - 03:55 PM.

The map takes a good hour to drive around....

English isnt my native lang. Is that an expression?

I think it is more an over-exaggeration typical of gaming journalism

I think so too. The map isn't big enough to take a "real" hour to drive around. I can see it taking about 15 minutes though. Depending on when you start driving and where you end.
It'd also depend on the vehicle. A BUS would probably take a long time...that may actually take 25+ minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users