100 hours of gameplay... is that it?

76 replies to this topic
Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Source: http://www.theguardi...art-of-comments

He says 100 hours of total gameplay, which means missions and side activities, he doesn't say hundreds. This concerns me as I know we have GTA online, but I was really hoping GTA V Single Player content would last me a lot longer then just 100 hours. That really isn't a long time, I have put over 400 hours into Skyrim and I STILL haven't seen everything there is to do in that game. 

What do you guys think? 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:35 AM Edited by iNero, 08 September 2013 - 10:36 AM.

I remember SA had 120-150 ( from reviews back then)
Im not too worried although it should be more if you want 100% imo.

The Story is shorter though.

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Think about how many hours you put into IV and amplify that by like 10. If your desire is to play this as much as possible, to squeeze every last minute out of it, I'm 100% sure you'll be playing the SP for longer than 100 hours. 

• boxanata likes this

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Think that it's already discussed elsewhere on the forum.

s44rgg
  • s44rgg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

So 4 solid days if you just do missions and side activities. This does not include the time it takes to drive to a mission/activity and does not include any time spent just driving, swimming, flying, boating, skydiving, hiking, killing and the list goes on.....

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:37 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 08 September 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Quality, not quantity. Besides, even if there was 0 missions, we'll be playing this game for the next 5 years no matter what.

The amount of hours I play GTA doing my own thing in free roam, heavily outweighs however many hours of missions there are... the storyline and mission stuff is only a fraction of the experience. There is no limit to jumping into GTA Online and going jet skiing with friends, trying to get an army tank up Mt Chiliad, dropping friends into the ocean so they get eaten by sharks... the list goes on. There is no X amount of hours that GTA limited by unlike other linear games.

• Ermac. and Jenia like this

Davidbc
  • Davidbc

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

It will long as much as you want.

• BillGates likes this

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

How about we just wait and see

• GTASeriesFan likes this

ProTrainFollower
  • ProTrainFollower

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

There was an achievement in IV for beating the game in 24 hours I think, so if you just rush this game and miss all side activities then the game is still atleast 4x as big as GTA IV.

Kuunkulta
  • Kuunkulta

Rocka Rolla

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hoping the game has plenty of collectibles, stunts etc. and some replay value. I'm not too worried, I got 1030 hours played on Skyrim and gta even has online mod on top of the base game

Skorge
  • Skorge

I Completed the GTA V story, in 28 hours! (Option C)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Yeah 100 hours compared to cods 3 hour campaign... Lolz, don't forget the online mode is infinite, constantly updated! I Don't really understand your complaint.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

The singleplayer is as long as you want it to be. There's probably 100 hours of fixed content that the game wants you to do to get 100% completion, but honestly I'll be spending more time exploring and blowing up the state, running from cops and basically creating mayhem on the fly.

So you shouldn't worry about SP. I'm just glad that DLCs will be multiplayer orientated not SP, which means the SP version in GTA V is complete. None of that let's cut content here and make consumers pay extra to unlock this BS. 

• SNEAKN80 likes this

Skorge
  • Skorge

I Completed the GTA V story, in 28 hours! (Option C)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

This.

RetardOfTheYear
  • RetardOfTheYear

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

I finished gta IV 100% in 30 hours, without forcing at all (but with indications from websites for the 200 flying rats though) so 100 hours is perfectly fine, let's say 25 hours for talented speedrunners maybe, knowing that the SA world record for 100% is 17-18 hours it's in-line.

Bobsmith4321
  • Bobsmith4321

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Cry some more.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yes, that's it.. after 100 hours the game will come to a stop, flash the names of Sam and Dan Houser on screen and then eject itself from your disc tray. 

Jesus.. 

That number comes from the latest Houser interview where's in the midst of statement and needs to pull a number out his ass quickly. Read the interview, it's clearly not meant as a hard number. At best, it's a ballpark figure of the amount of content they aim to offer. But we have no way to know what he means. Is that the story-line played end to end, or getting a 100% on the stats screen, does it involve side missions? Does it involve looking for even the rarest, hardest collectible? Does it include failing missions and replaying them and time just spent rampaging? 

You can't put a number of hours to a non-linear game. Especially when it offers a ton of replayability like this one. I'm going to obviously play each heist at least twice, since there are two approaches to each of them. Missions will be interesting to replay as a different characters anyway. Knowing Rockstar they have likely added some different dialogue when you replay something. And for me just being in that world is going to be fun, so I spend at least half my playtime doing nothing in particular. Walking or driving around and looking at things, punching random people, etc..

Both IV and RDR have gotten me well over 100 hours of gameplay  

• baskerwil, Ermac. and iN-Spad3z like this

iN-Spad3z
  • iN-Spad3z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

I think if you don't rush the story, and in your first play through you aren't worried about achievements it wouldn't feel short. I personally gonna explore all I can and really immerse my self in the game :lol:. Im sure Online will keep us busy and there is always replaying and doing things differently. I played through IV, and the expansions twice each and both times were fun. 

• FranklinsMasterSword likes this

iN-Spad3z
  • iN-Spad3z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yes, that's it.. after 100 hours the game will come to a stop, flash the names of Sam and Dan Houser on screen and then eject itself from your disc tray. 

Jesus.. 

That number comes from the latest Houser interview where's in the midst of statement and needs to pull a number out his ass quickly. Read the interview, it's clearly not meant as a hard number. At best, it's a ballpark figure of the amount of content they aim to offer. But we have no way to know what he means. Is that the story-line played end to end, or getting a 100% on the stats screen, does it involve side missions? Does it involve looking for even the rarest, hardest collectible? Does it include failing missions and replaying them and time just spent rampaging? 

You can't put a number of hours to a non-linear game. Especially when it offers a ton of replayability like this one. I'm going to obviously play each heist at least twice, since there are two approaches to each of them. Missions will be interesting to replay as a different characters anyway. Knowing Rockstar they have likely added some different dialogue when you replay something. And for me just being in that world is going to be fun, so I spend at least half my playtime doing nothing in particular. Walking or driving around and looking at things, punching random people, etc..

Both IV and RDR have gotten me well over 100 hours of gameplay  

Agreed  :lol:

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

2 words:free roam

In SA most of the time I ignored missions.

gtafan023
  • gtafan023

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

it is very hard to predict game play tijme because everybody plays differently

for an example i actually spend more time on discovery than playing missions and such and not into MP and i spend ALOT of hours on gta SA

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

I'm sure it varies from person to person. For some it will be 50 hours long... for some it will be 300 hours long. It will be as long as you want it to be tbh. 

EmployeeNr37
  • EmployeeNr37

Big Nasty Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Bitching and bitching and bitching all day long. Just wait and see before you get your panties in a bunch.

• SNEAKN80 and niganiganiganiga like this

niganiganiganiga
  • niganiganiganiga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Actually I think GTA:O WILL be really good so you won't even touch the single player aftter reaching 100%

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:08 AM Edited by LaDispute, 08 September 2013 - 11:08 AM.

The singleplayer is as long as you want it to be. There's probably 100 hours of fixed content that the game wants you to do to get 100% completion, but honestly I'll be spending more time exploring and blowing up the state, running from cops and basically creating mayhem on the fly.

So you shouldn't worry about SP. I'm just glad that DLCs will be multiplayer orientated not SP, which means the SP version in GTA V is complete. None of that let's cut content here and make consumers pay extra to unlock this BS. 

This, what part of the "open-world" genre do you guys not understand, beyond those 100hours of mission content, is infinite hours of your own idea of fun things.

​Im really disappointed in what i'm seeing people are acting like this game is a corridor shooter and forgetting GTA is open world!

• SNEAKN80 likes this

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

^^ Exactly.. I bet test driving, making money to buy every car and customizing them alone will take atleast 10's of hours.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by TheRealBars, 08 September 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Those 100 hours reference to story lenght.....

Side-missions, Collectibles, Taxi missions, Yoga etc. not included ofcourse...

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

If you play the game right, you could easily clock in 500+ hours.

Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Gameplay time is caculated on how long it takes to do the activities in the game, once. Don't take things like that too seriously.

Swe78
  • Swe78

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

San Andreas had a lot of hidden packages and it took a lot of time to find them all. Perhaps there are no hidden packages in GTA V? 

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

I've put over 500 hours into IV and just yesterday I found a new ramp. Just shows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users