Photo

Abandoning Story Mode On Oct. 1st

22 replies to this topic
GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

Due to the conpetitive, wealth accumulating nature of Online, I will completely abandon Story mode until at least December.

I am going to get used to the stock market in Story mode, and pour all of my money into diverse stocks ASAP in Online. Stocks like Ammunation are bound to raise like crazy the first week.

Anyone else?

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

I'm going to be honest, I'm more interested in GTA Online than I am GTA 5 in itself, and I really wish GTA Online would be coming out a bit sooner. 

Setrakus
  • Setrakus

The Strategist.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'm fairly sure there won't be online stocks, but that's my guess. If there were I don't see how it would work considering GTA V, won't be an MMO...

• Gigabomber likes this

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by zainzombie, 08 September 2013 - 07:40 AM.

I will be done with the storyline by the time it comes anyways. 2 weeks is alot of time. Once Online goes live I will not have to worry about spoilers or anything. I will keep going back to SP freeroam for sidemissions and stuff though. 

@Setrakus

It is in. Its already confirmed.

Plus, everything you see in SP, will be in Online. 

xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Knowing me, I will have story mode done the first week and spend the next week testing things out in the game and free roaming. October 1st, my new life starts as a virtual redneck hunting in the mountains, sleeping my trailer, driving an RV plus an ATV around, and doing off road racing every week while occasionally indulging in rampages and robberies.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Everyone wants to get rich quik but like tdu everyone gets there eventually....

Doing 10 missions a day etc feels like rushing through the game maybe thats why they gave 2weeks.

Levelplaying field is good for online. Look at call of duty people rank up insanely quick...because they have no lives and no job.....dis wont be any different 2 weeks gives time to get up to speed at least

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm so glad the online is later on to get familiar with the game first. GTA online is likely going to be a looong slog to the top. I don't think this game will be very similar to COD in anyway, I get the impression the game is 90% PvE and 10% PvP

• Tovaric likes this

Troll_Hunter
  • Troll_Hunter

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'll play V for 2 weeks and get as far as I can without rushing through the story then jump Online when it's launched, but I'll be constantly switching back and forth between single player and Online. My biggest concern is if I abandon single player for too long, I'll inevitably end up reading spoilers which will ruin the game for me. This has has happened to me in the past — the ever so 'helpful' Google will throw spoilers at you even if you're not specifically looking for it.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Golden rule for me: never play the multiplayer before the singleplayer.  To me, multiplayer is the reward for beating singleplayer.  Also, it's like taking on tougher challenges, but with friends.  If I abandoned the singleplayer on October 1st, I'd have better at least have finished the story or else it would all just feel off for me.  Besides, I run through games like a machine runs through bullets.  This shouldn't take me two weeks to beat, even with college and work to worry about.  But you can guarantee that as soon as I've finished the singleplayer, I'll be looking forward to GTA Online.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

I would only abandon GTAV if the game modes Cops N Crooks and Lone Wolf Biker return.

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'll be switching between the two. I have too many other commitments in my life to complete it in time.

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Like others, I will switch between the two, until I feel I have done everything I can do in single player. Then it will be all multiplayer.

SlicedSebs
  • SlicedSebs

I sell soap...

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'll get started on GTAO when it goes live, then likely alternate between SP and MP. I don't see any point in rushing SP for the sake of it.

Tbh, it depends how chaotic online actually is for the first days/weeks before negative reps and what not are doled out.

• Tovaric likes this

James_Hurst
  • James_Hurst

PSN: jameshurst7

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I think I'll do the same come October 1st.

I'd rather develop my own character first than play as others.

Skylanator
  • Skylanator

War, war never changes..

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

With the 2 weeks ill have, I'll complete the storyline (hopefully) then when online comes out, I'll spend ages doing the co-op missions etc :3.

Macrorang
  • Macrorang

Cerebral Awareness

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

I believe the most anticipated aspect of GTAV is the hype surrounding GTA Online. My friends and I cannot stop talking about the multiple possibilities of action, adventure, and other crazy happenings in online! It will be worth the wait....

zzmorg82
  • zzmorg82

In the moment.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

As most people will be doing, 2 weeks is plenty of time to complete the story and find many of the collectibles. Hopefully our new internet service comes in before October 1st so that I can play GTA: O anytime of the day.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

I am going to be forced into mp with buddies on day 1, so I'll probably end up doing the same, TC.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'll be taking my time, both with the story mode and online. By October 1st when GTAO launches I doubt I'll be very deep into the story. I'll spend a lot of time on side missions and basically just messing around, exploring the map. So when it comes time to play online, I'll pretty much be doing the same thing: taking my time, doing a few co-op missions here and there, playing some golf, robbing some banks, and just generally having fun with it.

I definitely won't be rushing this game because I won't be playing anything else. GTA5 needs to keep me busy until MGS5.

• Tovaric likes this

Tovaric
  • Tovaric

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I've been waiting for this game for years...i'm not gonna rush through singleplayer and try to finish it in 2 weeks... I'll play at my own pace, doing missions, exploring, getting a feel for everything. When online becomes available, i'll check it out and then i'll be alternating between online and singleplayer.

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

Ill play the story at first then ill play online for a bit then ill alternate

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

I`ll try my best to finish everything SP related before October.

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

I'll alternate. I want sp to last as long as possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users