Photo

Creepiness of GTA

70 replies to this topic
Draigon
  • Draigon

I felt muscular & compacted like Corned Beef

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Trying to survive a whole night in Tall Tree's during a thunderstorm was hard on RDR, was always sh*t jumping out on you.

I'd like some more of that on V, throw some whackjobs in there too to seal the deal and i'd be over the moon.

Milton T Pike
  • Milton T Pike

The Bowling Cousin

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

I think they're really going to capitalize on the creepy factor. Even the other day I was playing GTA IV late at night after watching a horror movie, and I decided to take a stroll through the subway tunnels. I know Rat Man isn't real, but damn, when you've got the volume cranked and it's pitch black down there, I swear sometimes you think you hear him...

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by VF94, 08 September 2013 - 08:25 PM.

Trying to survive a whole night in Tall Tree's during a thunderstorm was hard on RDR, was always sh*t jumping out on you.

I'd like some more of that on V, throw some whackjobs in there too to seal the deal and i'd be over the moon.

I honestly never saw a thunderstorm there, only snow and fog. And you people should play Alan Wake.

Draigon
  • Draigon

I felt muscular & compacted like Corned Beef

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I honestly never saw a thunderstorm there, only snow and fog. And you people should play Alan Wake.

If you go in the area near Bearclaw Camp and a bit further up you got thunderstorms/rain, the area where it had the snow on the ground though you're right, i never saw ones. Don't think if could rain around there, just snow.

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

I loved the woods in SA at night and the ghost cars! It is all scarry at times! I loved it! I hope in 5 it will be that good! I can't wait to see what they've put into the woods at night this time!!

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

outside the mission area

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

this is going to be really creepy. specially now that R* improved the weather and night time so it will be darker than normal. imagine being secluded in the wood and theres a eddie low type character on the loose and he can pop out of nowhere. :blink:

Yeah that works, but it's a cheap shot imo. They do it on the Blops Zombies Alcatraz map. if you happen to be looking down a scope in a certain direction in a certain spot, you get a screamer and sh*t yourself.

Another example from that series that I like is the map Kino Der Toten. I'd been on that map a couple of dozen times before I happened to notice that the barrels at the back of the stage had little view ports in the front that were just below the eyeline, and inside you could see the dead face of a corpse that had been stuffed into each one. There was no sound effect, no animation, no BOO! moment, it was just seeing an environmental detail and my own instinctive reaction of alarm that sent chills up my spine. Kind of like the "when you see it you will sh*t a brick" meme.

There's another spot on that same map, where if you listen carefully, you can hear knocking coming from a place just round a corner, out of bounds. The sound is quiet and constant, but the first time you hear it, it's like wtf? is someone trying to get in here? A great creepy moment.

Anyway sorry to go on about COD, it is hardly an innovative series lately, but I hope there will be some examples of really creepy sh*t that isn't just a psycho character saying things to shock, or a BOO! cliché straight out of a slasher movie. The murder mystery in GTA V might be a good source of creepy wtfs.

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

One of the creepier things in GTA IV was that one big hotel in Algonquin. Whenever you walked past a certain hotel room door, you'll hear a woman screaming loudly, as if she's being murdered. 

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Bad weather + the woods, mountains and deserts + carnivorous animals = win.

Tripz
  • Tripz

Dusting Off

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

One of the creepier things in GTA IV was that one big hotel in Algonquin. Whenever you walked past a certain hotel room door, you'll hear a woman screaming loudly, as if she's being murdered. 

Really? Never heard of that one before.

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

I liked the twisted darkness of Max Payne 3, specially that part when he's fighting through an abandoned hotel and finds out it's a body part farm, a chop shop for human beings.

I could totally see Trevor walking into a situation like this, specially after seeing him trying to flush a foot down the toilet.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

[Quote] Hakosuka 8hours ago

One of the creepier things in GTA IV was that one big hotel in Algonquin. Whenever you walked past a certain hotel room door, you'll hear a woman screaming loudly, as if she's being murdered.[\Quote]

I remember a woman screaming in mexico in red dead, late in the night I heard the screams near the presidents mansion. I looked all around, I thought it might be a strangers missions, but it wasn't.

Wiki says it was because the president was raping that girl. It was disturbing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users