Photo

Stealth Options?

14 replies to this topic
Yo_L
  • Yo_L

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

We all know stealth will play a role in this game.  But what options other than a silencer will be at our disposal?  I know R* have included some things that will be worthwhile, but haven't seen or heard much at all.

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

Scripted stealth missions, I doubt we'll see any free-roam stealthplay. Maybe they might do the whole "if u crouch and stab someone it's a stealth kill" thing, but I doubt it.

yungkrease
  • yungkrease

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

I hope it be on some splinter cell, hitman, MGS type sh*t

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

I'm sayin though, you really expecting that from Rockstar Games? 

yungkrease
  • yungkrease

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

I'm sayin though, you really expecting that from Rockstar Games? 

nah, but i'm big dreamin here.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

I believe and always have believed that if you are going to add stealth, do it right.

Nobody is asking or expecting Rockstar to pull a hitman, splinter cell, or thief on this game. But if they are going to add it, they need to do it properly.

I swear to god, if this game regularly does the whole "o u brek in stelthy but u gotzta run from da polees cuz randumb shet hapen and fuk u ovr lawl" I will be disappointed. I'll love this game either way, but if you are going to have stealth, make it an actual viable option. Don't pull the call of duty trend and allow us to be stealthy for 5 seconds and then have to go into a firefight. Robbers are professionals. In real life, many of them never get caught at all- being that this is a video game, I don't expect THAT level of realism, but I know rockstar can do better than the norm. 

• yungkrease likes this

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

If you look at the stealth they put into GTA:SA, you'd have though they would have expanded on it in GTA4, or at least included the same elements. The most shocking point here is that GTA4 exists in it's current, somewhat limited form, so we don't really know what to expect for GTAV: it's like GTA4 was a beta test for V, so keep dreaming big!

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

Im sure CVG said in one of the online missions a R* dev killed someone from behind with a knife so i'm assuming that was a stealth kill, and IGN said in the nervous ron mission he took out a light so noone saw him kill the guard plus theres silencers and ways to do heists stealthily by taking out cctv and using gas so i'm sure we will have plenty of options. 

Yo_L
  • Yo_L

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

I believe and always have believed that if you are going to add stealth, do it right.

Nobody is asking or expecting Rockstar to pull a hitman, splinter cell, or thief on this game. But if they are going to add it, they need to do it properly.

I swear to god, if this game regularly does the whole "o u brek in stelthy but u gotzta run from da polees cuz randumb shet hapen and fuk u ovr lawl" I will be disappointed. I'll love this game either way, but if you are going to have stealth, make it an actual viable option. Don't pull the call of duty trend and allow us to be stealthy for 5 seconds and then have to go into a firefight. Robbers are professionals. In real life, many of them never get caught at all- being that this is a video game, I don't expect THAT level of realism, but I know rockstar can do better than the norm. 

I agree.  My thought on it is if R* included stealth as an actual stat, then they put some effort into making it a fun and useful part of the game.   From what I've seen so far, R* haven't half-assed anything in this game.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by polycount, 08 September 2013 - 04:30 AM.

I agree.  My thought on it is if R* included stealth as an actual stat, then they put some effort into making it a fun and useful part of the game.   From what I've seen so far, R* haven't half-assed anything in this game.

I agree with this too. I feel like they ARE going to make it an option (a VIABLE one), more than previous games. They might not talk much about it, but I get the feeling it will be a lot better. I read in an article somewhere that there's melee stealth kills too, and you can shoot out lights- Why add those features if the stealth was just going to suck?

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

I'm a big fan of stealth (I love the Metal Gear Solid series), but stealth really doesn't fit well in GTA IMO. I'm sure we'll be using stealth in plenty of missions throughout the course of the game where it's necessary, but I don't see it being a key feature in the gameplay where we walk up and down the street hiding in trash cans or anything like that.

Anthonymrb
  • Anthonymrb

Collectors Edition

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

im sure in mission we will have it, but not in free roam.

Yo_L
  • Yo_L

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

I'm a big fan of stealth (I love the Metal Gear Solid series), but stealth really doesn't fit well in GTA IMO. I'm sure we'll be using stealth in plenty of missions throughout the course of the game where it's necessary, but I don't see it being a key feature in the gameplay where we walk up and down the street hiding in trash cans or anything like that.

I don't want it to be that in-depth either.  Just an option to change up from the usual "take out a big gun and blow some sh*t up" technique.  Or perhaps mission bonuses if you so choose to do it stealthily.

• W3BB13 likes this

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by polycount, 08 September 2013 - 03:57 PM.

im sure in mission we will have it, but not in free roam.

But why? Guns will have silencers, apparently there will be melee stealth kills. In theory, it should be possible. 

If they only wanted it to be available in missions, they could have just given you a silenced weapon for that mission if you chose to do it "smart" and an unsilenced one if you chose to do it "dumb".

Stealth can fit in any game, even GTA. This GTA game in particular is about heists, so it fits even better. Obviously for people who want that san andreas crazy feel they will have it if they want.

There are a few additions to the game that make me think they are going to make it a better option (compared to other games, not the other options in the game)- Silenced weapons, presumably melee stealth kills if CVG can be believed, shooting out lights, noise circles on the radar, and the "smart" approach to certain missions.

I'm excited to see how it works. Whatever happens, I know for sure I'll be trying both approaches.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Suppressed weapons and the ability to get prone and shoot is all i need.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users