GTA V wont probably beat this !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
174 replies to this topic
yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

The more I see of watchdogs gameplay, the less im interested. The driving looks horrendous, & as a few others have said it looks exactly like assassins creed only futuristic. The graphics are decent but that doesn't make the gameplay any better.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Break me a creeper, I'll be back for Christmas

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Watch Dogs seems nice but not better than GTA V IMO. The hacking system seems complete and entertaining... at least while you do the missions. Otherwise it could be boring. There are randomised events tho. But this thing is limited anyway, in any game. Once you've done a couple of them, that's it.

The whole game is about hacking things. I don't see other interesting stuff to do.

GTA V has more to offer. The entire game is not focused on one only feature unlike Watch Dogs apparently.

• Vorpax likes this

V 9 L U K 3 4 V
  • V 9 L U K 3 4 V

v 9 L u k E 4 V

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hole new gameplay video from Watch Dogs - Do you think GTA V can beat this?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Lrro1GE9JUI

do i think gta will beat this ? 

no 

why because gta 5 is expected to sell 25 million copies in the first year alone, achieving sales of £1bn. HOLY sh*t your saying 

Galaxyass
  • Galaxyass

West Coast Rock Steady

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:59 AM Edited by Galaxyass, 08 September 2013 - 08:59 AM.

Apples and oranges. I thought this V vs WD sh*t was already over. I guess not.

IceHot100
  • IceHot100

Out of Order

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Get this:

I have played many open world games and have plenty of experience. This game looks story based. Meaning you will either sell it after you beat the story or it will stay on the shelf and you will never touch it again. I still play GTA IV because it's not just story. There's plenty of stuff to do. 

I recently bought Sleeping Dogs and have never ever touched it after beating the main story. Watch Dogs, of course is better than Sleeping Dogs in terms of graphics and gameplay but it won't offer you as much as playability as GTA V.

Furthermore Ubisoft's games are mostly half assed and barely live up their full potential.

2 cents.

• Persia-Gangsta likes this

ak-4seven
  • ak-4seven

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

More cancerous checklist-filled games from Ubisoft (after Ass Creed). They should just stick to Rayman, and maybe go back to prince of persia.

Persia-Gangsta
  • Persia-Gangsta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Watch_Dogs is just another boring Game like alll the other Games but GTA V is Art! GTA V is rly a Masterpiece!

Persia-Gangsta
  • Persia-Gangsta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Get this:

I have played many open world games and have plenty of experience. This game looks story based. Meaning you will either sell it after you beat the story or it will stay on the shelf and you will never touch it again. I still play GTA IV because it's not just story. There's plenty of stuff to do. 

I recently bought Sleeping Dogs and have never ever touched it after beating the main story. Watch Dogs, of course is better than Sleeping Dogs in terms of graphics and gameplay but it won't offer you as much as playability as GTA V.

Furthermore Ubisoft's games are mostly half assed and barely live up their full potential.

2 cents.

give that man a coockie :cookie:

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Ps4 vs Ps3... and the graphics form WD still sucks.

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

obamatroll.jpg

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Watch Dogs will be a nice open world game like Sleeping Dogs for example was.

Nowhere near GTA though.

FleetAdmiral
  • FleetAdmiral

Commanding Officer

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

GTA will tear Watch Dogs down from their 'high horse' and force feed it's balls to them. GTA V is beautiful, Watch Dogs would make a good short term distraction when I need something fresh from playing too much GTA, but it'll be a mere scratch on my GTA treck :D.

I thought similar to this, I'd play it while waiting for GTAV but not a moment after. To bad it isn't out now.

Undertaker13
  • Undertaker13

I'm not bullsh*tting!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

As I said before, Watch_Dogs looks like a average game with AC feeling to it. Not a big deal in my opinion, Tom Clancy's The Division looks more promising in my opinion. You're just able to hack a few things what that ugly smartphone. Graphics are getting worse and worse in every new video. GTAV looks way more groundbreaking and promising same goes for The Division, but that's my opinion after all.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Yes it probably f*cking will.

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

Watchdogs looks great and I'll certainly be buying it if it lives up to the previews.

The only people missing out will be those with a misguided loyalty to any one product.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

apples-and-oranges.jpg

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:52 AM Edited by Flashify, 08 September 2013 - 09:54 AM.

apples-and-oranges.jpg

Yeah I see what you mean.

klosjaar
  • klosjaar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Why do people even think about watch dogs this close to Gta V release.....  :facedesk: 

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Didn't know so many people have played V and Watch Dogs yet.

Yes sales for Watch Dogs most likely will not be anywhere close to V's sales. But it is going to be a Next Gen launch title, Released on PC at the same time as well. Also its a new IP which is rare in a market where it is mostly all sequels no matter what.

I will be getting Watch Dogs as i think it looks interesting and fun and more different compared to a lot of games. To me looks like a mix of Splinter Cell, Sleeping Dogs and various other games.

• Zlad likes this

Cuban800
  • Cuban800

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

I will play this while i wait for the pc version of GTA V. It looks like it could be real fun. :)

• Hendrix89 likes this

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Can we just think for a second, apart from the main story in Watchdogs, do you really think that there will be as much stuff to do as there will be in GTA V?

Thats why GTA V wins every single time 

iN-Spad3z
  • iN-Spad3z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

The only people who think Watch Dogs will be better are those idiots who say Saints Row is better than GTA.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Watch Dogs is going to be a great tech demo for when I get my PS4 and a fatass screen to go with it. And to Ubi's credit, it does seem like they're finally starting to grasp what makes an open world interesting. I like how npc's have names and histories attached. But on another level it seems incredibly dull. The theme doesn't interest me at all.. Ubi likes to use 'current'/edgy themes like this without having anything to say about them. Their nsa-fanboyism is worrying. And it's Ubisoft game with Ubisoft gameplay.

In terms of gameplay it looks like your typical handholding affair that they always do and contextual actions replacing interactivity. I always thought it ironic that the one thing that annoyed me most in AC games is how your steps are guided during freerunning or how the game picks fighting moves for you. You're never quite in full control, because Ubisoft doesn't trust you to make cool sh*t happen on your own. So they give you a map and screen full of icons, and they each represent one action. You get to pick in which order you trigger them and if you're lucky you get to get to pick an approach (stealth until AI breaks down or just go in fighting). 

Ubisoft makes open world games, but they are NOT sandboxes like GTA is. 

• jamieleng likes this

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

*sigh* Does it really matter? There's nothing stopping anyone from owning both GTA V and Watchdogs.

Personally I'm all for GTA V right now but I'll probably get Watchdogs later down the line. :^:

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

If you want to discuss Watch Dogs, use the Official Thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users