GTA V wont probably beat this !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
174 replies to this topic
semie
  • semie

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

I will be grabbing WD at release along with a PS4. From what I have seen I am loking forward to it.

Would I compare the two though, I don't think so. I see them as very different games so I will happily grab a copy and have some fun with it.

Like how another player can get in on your game and vice versa. That for me is kinda cool if it works how I have it in my head.

Personaly I think that if more people were less insula in their thinking they may have a greater number of posative experinces.

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by flyboy7, 08 September 2013 - 03:45 AM.

Oh WD is great! Look how cool he walks with the hat and his hands in his pockets and his coat billowing in the wind. Look how cool he can hack things with a push of a button! Wow! You Gta fanboys can suck it!

But of course in WD you can't swim, parachute, drive a sub, ride a bike, drive boats, fly planes, do yoga, climb a mountain, use a minigun, play tennis, golf, arm wrestle, buy an apartment, rob banks, drive to countrysides, deserts, kill prostitutes, and hunt animals. Heck you can't even go to that mountain in the distance.

Enjoy the virtual wind hitting your face as you cruise down the Highway on your motorcycle, witness the sun rise as you're skydiving with friends, relax by the beach as the sun glows glorious red as it sets.

No. GTA V can't beat this.
  • NikoB_in_the_house likes this

diablo440
  • diablo440

Your Daddy

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

• weak story in comparison
  • it's a game based on social networking and mechanics, not culture, characters, and story writing
  • car physics and handling look cheap

That being said it looks interesting enough to buy. I hope it's not all just going around to parts of the city that you eventually memorize and effortlessly hacking into everything, even a metal cover of something on a roof..

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Looking at the driving physics makes me feel not so bad about how the GTA V cars have been "improved" but to anyone calling this a game that'll get boring quick, I say, you lack imagination.

7csc
  • 7csc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

GTA V is so much better

#GTAarmy lol

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Current Gen Xbox 360/PS3 is not that much huge leap in term of graphics to Xbox One/PS4

PS2 to PS3 for etc a big leap.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Hole new gameplay video from Watch Dogs - Do you think GTA V can beat this?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Lrro1GE9JUI

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

• 7csc likes this

Thecrazypolak
  • Thecrazypolak

Future Nobody

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Watchdogs is a whole different type of game.

It won't beat gta 5.

Definitely not sale wise.

and maybe not even score wise.

so GTA 5 WIN 

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:56 AM Edited by Outplug, 08 September 2013 - 03:57 AM.

I've seen Watch Dogs gameplay over and over (actually have a tab of YT open to some ~44 minute session of it), and I've got to say, as awesome as it is, I really do think V will beat it. Watch Dogs looks a bit too dark (and that's not in regards to the story, as I love a dark story in the evening, but to the actual look of the game even during the middle of the day), and it seems that this game is giving you a bit more of a linear path. As a matter of fact, it seems like inFamous with the ability to drive (you know, minus the superpowers in place of hacking).

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• D1RTY12
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I've seen Watch Dogs gameplay over and over (actually have a tab of YT open to some ~44 minute session of it), and I've got to say, as awesome as it is, I really do think V will beat it. Watch Dogs looks a bit too dark (and that's not in regards to the story, as I love a dark story in the evening, but to the actual look of the game even during the middle of the day), and it seems that this game is giving you a bit more of a linear path. As a matter of fact, it seems like inFamous with the ability to drive (you know, minus the superpowers in place of hacking).

This was the first extended game play I've seen, and my first thought was that it looks like inFamous. I'll probably pick it up... used... in about a year.

NexusLordNova
  • NexusLordNova

Assassin

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I love how you guys are comparing two games that haven't even released yet.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Honestly, every time Watch Dog info is released, I find the game even more unappealing. I don't understand what it is, after all I was mind blown when this game was first revealed.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing! 

BluEggroll
  • BluEggroll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Watch_dogs = GTA + Assassins Creed + better graphics + a cell phone LOL

Static_
  • Static_

Goon Squad

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

watchdogs has a nice concept, but its no GTA V killer by no means, rockstar is in the legendary lane right now.

NikoB_in_the_house
  • NikoB_in_the_house

Bitches Get Stitches

• Members
  • United-States

I'm actually stoked for that game. It looks fun.  I love all that spy/hacker sh*t.  But let's be honest here...  It looks cool but clearly lacks the polish and R* magic that really makes GTA special.  Even on current gen, they manage to fill the world with so much detail it's crazy.  Watch Dogs has great potential though and I think it will be a solid franchise but it will take another iteration or two to get to a R* level if at all.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

The graphics look pretty good, The sound effects suck. When he hit the stop sign it sounded like a shotgun going off.

This is what sets Rockstar apart from other developers. They actually go out and HIT a stop sign to put the sounds into the game.

The world looks alive but static at the same time.

NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

OMGG the cops circle radius thing (8:55) is directlyyy copied from GTA IVVVV

jk...or am i?

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

The more I look at it, the more it stinks of "Use phone QTE" gameplay. I might be wrong, but I don`t care, since I won`t be buying it.

Decardo
  • Decardo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

Watch Dog open world looks boring compared to gta v

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

Just me or does this next gen game actually look less detailed, less lived in city, less life-like peds... and just less realistic in every way. The driving looks worse. The animation looks worse.

The only thing that is categorically better is the graphics on a technical level, obviously, as it's next gen.

Other than that, it's a fail compared to V.

Are you f*cking kidding me? LESS LIFE-LIKE PEDS?!? Have you seen the first gameplay from E3? Every single ped was doing their own thing. Yes GTA 5 will be better but there's not reason to shoot this awesome looking game down.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

Ubisoft makes a good job with watch dogs, ill buy it and finish it like on a week, GTAV its a game for years!!

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

Oh WD is great! Look how cool he walks with the hat and his hands in his pockets and his coat billowing in the wind. Look how cool he can hack things with a push of a button! Wow! You Gta fanboys can suck it!

But of course in WD you can't swim, parachute, drive a sub, ride a bike, drive boats, fly planes, do yoga, climb a mountain, use a minigun, play tennis, golf, arm wrestle, buy an apartment, rob banks, drive to countrysides, deserts, kill prostitutes, and hunt animals. Heck you can't even go to that mountain in the distance.

Enjoy the virtual wind hitting your face as you cruise down the Highway on your motorcycle, witness the sun rise as you're skydiving with friends, relax by the beach as the sun glows glorious red as it sets.

No. GTA V can't beat this.

Actually you can drive boats

NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Strange...when Aiden Pearce kills the guy at the end, why would that abort the hacking process? Wouldn't that make hacking easier? He died, not his phone.

THC 300
  • THC 300

hombre condón

• Members

just realised that the OP is gta-puk. that explains a lot.

semie
  • semie

Mark Chump

• Members

Looking at the driving physics makes me feel not so bad about how the GTA V cars have been "improved" but to anyone calling this a game that'll get boring quick, I say, you lack imagination.

They say boredom stems from the inability to use your imagination to enjoy what is directly in front of you.

• boxmonster likes this

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

I was cured, all right!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

Watch Dogs does look pretty cool and I will certainly buy it, but I doubt it will be better than V. Maybe WD is better when it comes to the urban environment graphics, and hacking does look like a great idea, but V seems to beat it in every other aspect.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

I think Watch Dogs looks solid, but it won't be half the game that GTA5 will be. Watch Dogs looks a little too much like Assassin's Creed IMO. Also, I believe I read somewhere that the lead developer left and went to EA Sports halfway through the development of the game, so I'm a little worried about how it'll turn out.

semie
  • semie

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just me or does this next gen game actually look less detailed, less lived in city, less life-like peds... and just less realistic in every way. The driving looks worse. The animation looks worse.

The only thing that is categorically better is the graphics on a technical level, obviously, as it's next gen.

Other than that, it's a fail compared to V.

Are you f*cking kidding me? LESS LIFE-LIKE PEDS?!? Have you seen the first gameplay from E3? Every single ped was doing their own thing. Yes GTA 5 will be better but there's not reason to shoot this awesome looking game down.

I think it looks great. I put a lot of the comments down to fanboys because I too don't see why it is receiving the negativity it is getting here.

Jumping in and out of each others worlds/games. How is that not a potential gem right there?

Most likely just me though so nothing to see here, move along.

growsinwater
  • growsinwater

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:36 AM Edited by growsinwater, 08 September 2013 - 04:46 AM.

Of course GTA will be better, you can do just about anything in it and the details are incredible. Not to mention the massive world and 3 very different characters to play as. That said whenever I finally cop a next gen system, probably a PS4 this next gen, Watch Dogs definitely looks like an awesome game that I will buy. I've always wanted an open world game set in Chicago.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Graphics look worse than the reveal, and the gameplay is very average.. meh.

You're not kidding. in that video they dont look that impressive.

The gameplay alone means GTA V wins. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users