63 replies to this topic
Inf3rn0
  • Inf3rn0

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

So earlier I was reading this:

http://www.digitaltr...n=zergnet_87626

and it got me thinking, what other games would make great movies if done right? The ones that i thought of were Heavy Rain and the God of War trilogy. What games would you guys like to see as movies?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Two that without a doubt would make great films are Portal 2 and SCP Containment Breach. Just thinking about it seems epic.

As for any others I'd have to think a while. Scrolling through my mental library of games are only coming up with sports titles at the moment.

theonlytobyever
  • theonlytobyever

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Gears of War could be good.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Heavy Rain was basically a movie anyway. :p

Mirror's Edge would be a nice movie if they changed the focus from rooftops and megacorps, to alleyways and utility tunnels, made the city a little more gritty, and had Faith running black market information for the mob or something a bit less organized.

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

God of War would be awesome, Fallout, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and Yakuza could be great if done well 

For people who haven't heard of the Yakuza series, since I know it's not anywhere near as popular as the other games I mentioned, I'd recommend checking them out, the series has a really good story.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

The Last of Us.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

tetris.

• OchyGTA and Řåvęń like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

I've always thought the first God of War would have been a perfect movie.  I was completely blown away by that story, and not because I was smoking a lot of weed at the time.

• GTA_stu likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

I was very impressed about God of War very much as the story alone is very epic especially those many cutscenes that when put together would indeed make a great film, save for the intense gameplay features.

Some other games I could propose would be Red Dead Redemption as my first choice, since the core of the storyline is just as epic as the game itself. Others would be Just Cause, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, and GTA series.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

I think the Dynasty Warriors series could be adapted for the big screen. Obviously not all in one movie, but seeing the same battles all from different viewpoints could be interesting. For me anyway.

Hollowpoints
  • Hollowpoints

Poop like a Derp!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

Well, I'd be a little careful about that, we all saw what they did with Street Fighter.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Even though it is not released yet, I think WATCH_DOGS would make a nice sci-fi/thriller/mystery movie.

If done right of course.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Even though it is not released yet, I think WATCH_DOGS would make a nice sci-fi/thriller/mystery movie.

If done right of course.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, it had just about the perfect story and gameplay for it to be made into a movie.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

I think Ride to Hell: Retribution could become a new Birdemic or The Room if it got made into a full length movie, I'd definitely love to see that get made into a film.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 08 September 2013 - 05:32 AM.

If done right of course.

They announced a movie back at E3. And yes if done right. Video game to movie adaptions have had it tough the past decade. :p

It's funny how they announced the movie before the game is even released. Oh Ubisoft and your expendable money.

http://www.gamespot....the-way-6410056

• Yossarianite likes this

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

In my opinion,
Max Payne 2, Gears of War and The Last of Us are three games that must be made into movies.

All of the three have a great plot plus interesting characters.

Max Payne 2 and The Last of Us are two such games with great plots and extremely interesting characters. These games were about the characters and this combined with a great plot and action can make your day.

All the above have promising action and each of them guarantees a really great movie.

Personally, I would like to see Gears of War to be made into a movie.

Ed 
  • Ed 

Puusnofl

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • GTA Series Awards - Best Contribution 2009.
    Excellent GTAForums Contributor (carried over from misc. awards).

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:20 AM Edited by Edmachine, 08 September 2013 - 08:21 AM.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution could be a good movie, I think. It looks spectacular as a game, it could even have the same awesome soundtrack. Interesting story, too.

• Tycek likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:31 AM Edited by Tycek, 08 September 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution could be a good movie, I think. It looks spectacular as a game, it could even have the same awesome soundtrack. Interesting story, too.

I was about to write that. One of the games that could be easily converted. 

And about other titles - it has to be something worth converting on the movie. We've already got Mortal Combats, Street Fighters and Tomb Raiders it didn't end up well. Also someone with guts and vision has to do it or we'll get another Max Payne with Marky Mark. Nice examples could be: Deus Ex (first one), System Shock (hard sci-fi), Mirror's Edge, Fallout (based on the first game - there were plans to do it). 

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Fallout 3 or New Vegas should make excellent movies in my opinion, as well as the Assassin's Creed series.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Fallout 3 is just too weak in terms of story to make serious movie from it. Giant robots, heavenly good guys and hellish bad guys and guy walking around wasteland with a dog? Sounds like a cheesy flick. Fallout: NV is also is bad material for it, because it can't be alone without 1 and 2 parts. Who are NCR, what do they want? Where the mutants came from? Why everyone is fighting there? It gives more questions than answers and people would probably be confused. 

Assassin's Creed could be nice though.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:15 AM Edited by nightwalker83, 08 September 2013 - 10:15 AM.

Who was that director did this but his movies got flamed, Uwe Boll?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by Fireman, 08 September 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Really?

Lots of shooters and free-roam open world games here with no real strong storyline or more than 500 dialogue lines and you want them to be turned into a movie?

I don't think that'll work very well. Unless you get a REALLY good creative writer.

I personally always wanted to see the story of Mafia being made into a movie, the storyline would fit so perfectly on the big-screen and especially the reverse story-telling from Tommy Angelo and the inspector offers a lot of chances.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Really?

Lots of shooters and free-roam open world games here with no real strong storyline or more than 500 dialogue lines and you want them to be turned into a movie?

I don't think that'll work very well. Unless you get a REALLY good creative writer.

Even with a creative writer/writers, movie adaptations of shooter video games would be just like any other action movie.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:51 AM Edited by Cyper, 08 September 2013 - 10:51 AM.

SPOILER WARNING: CONTAINS ENDING

It's a 2002 game. One of the best games i've ever played. So ahead of its time. It would REALLY deserve to become a movie.

• Stormingz likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

I don't understand why anyone would want want a game to be a film. You have the game, you can play it. Why would you want to sit and watch someone else play it? Instead of a game with hours of gameplay and interactivity you'd rather sit for two hours watching a story you already know.

If Fallout 3 was a film, you'd be watching someone spend most of their time walking around looting things and firing guns at mutants who can survive 3 hits from a rocket launcher and two minutes of prolonged minigun fire, with the occasional bit of dialogue.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Games that turn to movies usually suck. So I'm going to say NEVER turn a game into a movie. Leave it as it is.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:14 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 08 September 2013 - 12:16 PM.

Movies of video games and video games of movies are never good idea but...

:cool:

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

SPOILER WARNING: CONTAINS ENDING

It's a 2002 game. One of the best games i've ever played. So ahead of its time. It would REALLY deserve to become a movie.

Damn, Mafia 1 is one of my all time favourite games, would love to see a movie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users