» «
Photo

GTA V released tipped to rake in 1 billion in sales. World is also 49

31 replies to this topic
Wiggle
  • Wiggle

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by Wiggle, 08 September 2013 - 01:44 AM.

http://www.scotsman....sales-1-3081943

"The new game revolves around a satirical recreation of southern California. With players able to switch between three protagonists, the 49-square-mile world boasts a welter of activities, such as scuba diving with sharks and hijacking trains"

49 SQUARE MILES.

http://gtaforums.com...s-of-map-sizes/

"GTA V is larger than San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined" statement means
GTA V could be roughly 30 sq m (somewhere in the ballpark) panic.gif"

If what we are hearing is true, and GTA V is 49 square miles. Ho...ly..... SHEEEIT!

EDIT: Acidentally put "released" instead of "release". Apologies!

• Ekoms likes this

yungkrease
  • yungkrease

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Cool

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

yea..even i can't believe it

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

49 square miles is the area of the ENTIRE BLUEPRINT MAP including all water that fits in the rectangle. This is what that would look like (SPOILER ACHIEVEMENT/TROPHY MAP SHAPE):  http://i.imgur.com/GHe6mC0.jpg

I calculated that rectangle to be in proportion to the landmass so the entire rectangle would be 49 square miles.

It's impossible for the landmass to be 49 square miles because we know the size of objects in proportion to this land shape. Making the land shape bigger would make all the objects ridiculously big.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, but knowing I'm in the company of like minded people; ill say this in completely unbiased comfort:

GTA V wil smash sales records, quote me on that.
  • Ekoms likes this

Found_Again
  • Found_Again

Ban Roulette Victim. :)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, but knowing I'm in the company of like minded people; ill say this in completely unbiased comfort:

GTA V wil smash sales records, quote me on that.

Dude, it's gonna murder records!!!  :r*:

• Ekoms likes this

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

I'd just like to be the one to point out: Rockstar hasn't shown us everything. What if there's an island or two purposely not pointed out in that

Spoiler
? I'm not suggesting big cities like SF or LV, but small little islands that may have some significance to the story but that Rockstar, again, kept out for when you play the game.

Just my theory.

USMCHOORAH
  • USMCHOORAH

PFC

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

im not too sure on how you can measure square miles in gta, someone wanna fill me in?  :/

Rich.
  • Rich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

I like how this article includes a number on the budget and no one has mentioned it yet.

Five years in the making, the game’s development and marketing budget of £170 million is the equivalent of a blockbuster film.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

im not too sure on how you can measure square miles in gta, someone wanna fill me in?  :/

Rockstar's games have always measured distance travelled on the stats screen. These are accurate in proportion to the scale of the 3D game world. One can choose landmarks on the map, measure the distance between them reported by stats, then expand that measurement to the entire map.

When previous games have made it to PC, modders have found the internal coordinate system of the game maps, such as reported by a trainer, to be in units of meters. This is the scale Rockstar uses to make all the objects in the world be in realistic proportion to each other. The only GTA map Rockstar has confirmed the size of is San Andreas, at 36 square kilometers for the entire map, but this has been a useful reference for comparing with other maps and confirming that the techniques used to measure other maps work accurately by getting known results in SA.

• archiebunker, Choco Taco and The__Phoenix like this

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by ZeeKid2k10, 08 September 2013 - 04:10 AM.

How budget come up to $170 million dollars

They using 3 million dollar Gaming software or what

Skylanator
  • Skylanator

War, war never changes..

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

So the 49Sq/m thing is confirmed? Awesome : D I was wrong then and the world is twice as large as I expected it to be. I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this..

Rich.
  • Rich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by Rich., 08 September 2013 - 04:19 AM.

How budget come up to $170 million dollars

They using 3 million dollar Gaming software or what

It's actually around $265 million, according to Google conversions.

Of course, assuming there's any legitimacy to this report.

buxtonbum
  • buxtonbum

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

Go Rockstar!! :r*:

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

that means if we are traveling at 100 miles per hour in a helicopter it will take 30 minutes to reach from one point to another? WTFFF thats so long

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

that means if we are traveling at 100 miles per hour in a helicopter it will take 30 minutes to reach from one point to another? WTFFF thats so long

Nope. 

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

GTA5 really 49 square mile ? that means Los Santos around 16 Sq mi out of 49 then.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

No, 49 sq. miles is different from a 49 mile distance. If the map were square, it would be 7 miles x 7 miles. So it would take about 3.5 minutes.

THE_SAVAGE
  • THE_SAVAGE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by THE_SAVAGE, 08 September 2013 - 04:54 AM.

49 square miles. Meaning 7 miles wide and 7 miles long.
[edit] It appears I've been beaten. Damn you!

Giasado
  • Giasado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

No, it means that each side of a 49 square mile map is 7 miles. Meaning it would take like 3-4 minutes, but im highly doubting those numbers.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

49 Square Miles so about 4 mins to from farest point to point in the game via helicopter/airplane

15 min by car.

pilot410
  • pilot410

Mike Motta

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Thats crazy!!!!! I CANT WAIT

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Oh my god I'm unbelievably excited for this game.

Seriosuly these 9 days are going to suck. So much. Holy sh*t this has been the longest two weeks since GTA4 lol

Robinsj
  • Robinsj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Do you have any idea what a square mile is? Map is 7 miles by 7 miles = 49 square miles, hence if you are flying a helicopter from one side to the other, you are only traveling 7 miles. So at 100 mph, it would only take just over 4 minutes....

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by Deathpally, 08 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

^Also I hate to say this but even though the map is 49 sq mi it seems that it may not be as big as it seems by that number. Since if a helicopter going at 100 mph takes only 4 minutes traveling 7 miles, then a car going 60mph will only take 7 minutes in theory to from one far point of the map to the other far point??

I guess though with a vehicle you can just go through a strait line as in helicopters or planes so it may take a lot longer then the 7minutes. But even if my calculations are wrong someone above said it would take 15 minutes by car which still is not that long if you think about it.

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

^Also I hate to say this but even though the map is 49 sq mi it seems that it may not be as big as it seems by that number. Since if a helicopter going at 100 mph takes only 4 minutes traveling 7 miles, then a car going 60mph will only take 7 minutes in theory to from one far point of the map to the other far point??

I guess though with a vehicle you can just go through a strait line as in helicopters or planes so it may take a lot longer then the 7minutes. But even if my calculations are wrong someone above said it would take 15 minutes by car which still is not that long if you think about it.

That's pretty long. Imagine you're in a car going as fast as you can up the freeway, maybe an average of 80mph on the freeway. Roughly 5.5 minutes or so.

Imagine going as fast as you can JUST up ONE side and going non stop through about two songs. That's not around the whole map, just in one straight direction in a straight line in one area.

Add the curves of roads and try driving around the map, you could spend 20 minutes driving around the island with all new views

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

That's pretty long. Imagine you're in a car going as fast as you can up the freeway, maybe an average of 80mph on the freeway. Roughly 5.5 minutes or so.

Imagine going as fast as you can JUST up ONE side and going non stop through about two songs. That's not around the whole map, just in one straight direction in a straight line in one area.

Add the curves of roads and try driving around the map, you could spend 20 minutes driving around the island with all new views

Yeah I can see that, that is also why I did edit my post in saying that in a strait line it will be like 7 minutes, but with all the curved roads and even going on the strait freeway will add time to driving. To me with what was calculated it does sound like it will be definitnly longer driving and flying then compared to GTA IV.

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

Yeah I can see that, that is also why I did edit my post in saying that in a strait line it will be like 7 minutes, but with all the curved roads and even going on the strait freeway will add time to driving. To me with what was calculated it does sound like it will be definitnly longer driving and flying then compared to GTA IV.

Not to mention, can you imagine the views??

Sunny days, open road, mountains, ocean, beaches, waves

holy f*ck I can't wait

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:53 AM Edited by Magic_Al, 08 September 2013 - 05:54 AM.

Do you have any idea what a square mile is? Map is 7 miles by 7 miles = 49 square miles, hence if you are flying a helicopter from one side to the other, you are only traveling 7 miles. So at 100 mph, it would only take just over 4 minutes....

More like 6.25 miles by 7.8 miles, accounting for the dimensions of the blueprint map. And the longest straight overland distance is probably under 7 miles (EDIT: just under 7 miles).

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Its more or less equal to twice the just cause 2 map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users