Cutscenes and clothing changed

36 replies to this topic
NikoB_in_the_house
  • NikoB_in_the_house

Bitches Get Stitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

I hate that sh*t.  But GTA won't be like that.  That reminds me of after every cutscene in Max Payne 3 it would switch to the single pistol and I'd have to quickly switch back to my good weapon.  My brain is so hardwired to do it now without thinking but I never got why it had to be like that.  I can't be the only one who hates that.

trevorthebadass
  • trevorthebadass

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

Off course it wont change
I'm sorry but this thread is just stupied, it had been like this since the 3D era

Stupied? The irony.

this

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Haters, haters everywhere. AC3 is awesome. Keep your crappy opinion to yourself. As for clothes, I don't think that will be the case with GTA5.

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Literally no other GTA game has had you change, so why in the game that's supposed to the best of the best would they change things? :sui: Go complain about AC3's faults elsewhere.

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by Skyline_Mad, 08 September 2013 - 05:13 AM.

In the mass effect games and many others, there were cut-scenes where your weapon would be a basic assault rifle instead of the one you have selected, like if you have a Mattock equipped during a mission, the cut scene would default to the Avenger, which doesn't make sense considering you don't even have that weapon on you at all lol.

Although the armor you wear during missions stay the same in cut-scenes, so its not like the scenes are pre-rendered or anything.

Metal gear solid 4 did something similar; you can access all unlocked weapons whenever you want, but you have to assign them to a slot to be able to switch weapon during gameplay, sometimes i would not have a handgun (M1911 for instance) in a slot, but during cut-scenes snake would have the M1911 in his hand, and when i gain control again the M1911 would still be selected even though i did not want it. So i then had to go back into the inventory to switch back to whatever weapon i had before.

In vice city (which i replayed again a week ago after years of not playing) tommy's outfit regularly changed to something else after certain missions, after choosing say the casual street wear, i found it would go back to the default Hawaiian outfit sometimes forcing me to change to my desired outfit again...so annoying lol

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

In GTA IV during the cutscene for "Undress To Kill" if Niko's wearing glasses they won't be shown on him while the camera is looking through the window at Niko and Dwayne talking although they're visible when not looking through the window. Hope I made that clear.

Anyway yeah the AC games are notorious for it and Mafia II also. I had Vito in a suit despite a cutscene with him wearing a tuxedo and a bow tie.

GTA V won't be that bad.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

thats because assassins creed is a boring game made by lazy developers, come on, from AC to AC 3 the game doesnt improve much, do you really expect the developers design a real time cutscene?

gta is diff,since SA you can just enter any cutscene with any clothes you are wearing,so im pretty sure 99% gta V will have this

Since Vice City, actually. That was the first game to implement new clothing. GTA has traditionally always rendered their cutscenes in-engine and taken into account the player's appearance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users