Search Engine

3 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Is it me or is this new search engine less easy to use? It also gives you less access so stuff that you could easily find before the update. I remember every thread had a search section at the bottom of the page and you could look for posts that contained certain words or even all of the posts posted by a certain member in that thread. Why can't that be brought back?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

You can still search in certain forums by using the Advanced Search but I understand what you mean. I don't think it is hard to use but it is definitely not as straight forward as before. I'm sure the admins will probably tweak it sooner or later :^:

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 07 September 2013 - 09:51 PM.

I was not really satisfied with the new search function, either, but I have played around with it a little and it's not that bad. However, it still is partly inferior compared to the old system.

You can use the advanced version of it with clicking on the gear next to the little search box near the top of the page.

For example, if you want to search for the topics that were created by a specific user, then you have to use the following parameters:

• Search in section; Forums

• Match; all words; Only search in titles

• Find author; <insert username>

• Display results; As a topic list

And then you have to click on 'Search Now'. You will get to see all topics the user have created ever since he/she joined the forums.

If you would like to seach through the post-history, but you would like to see more than just your last five posts, then you have to use the following parameters:

• Search in section; Forums

• Match; all words; Only search in content

• Find author; <insert username>

• Display results; As posts

And as before, you have to click on 'Search Now' in order to search for the posts. Keep in mind that it will only show you the posts from the last 30 days.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Is it me or is this new search engine less easy to use? It also gives you less access so stuff that you could easily find before the update. I remember every thread had a search section at the bottom of the page and you could look for posts that contained certain words or even all of the posts posted by a certain member in that thread. Why can't that be brought back?

When you open a topic, the top search bar turns into a topic search bar, not a whole forum bar. Alternatively, to use the advanced search, press the gear next to the search bar.

• Tyler and Prometheus like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users